Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:00:15 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Horror/SF movie - shapeshifting monster, scene with a cat!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Horror/SF movie - shapeshifting monster, scene with a cat!!!  (Read 5069 times)
JPM
New Visitor

« on: June 16, 2010, 03:42:10 PM »

HELLO!!!

I hope so much that you can help me! My brother and I have been searching for a Horror/SF movie for years now! All we remember is one scene. Here is it:

Two people are talking together on the phone (presumabely takes place in a kind of lab?), one is patting the cat and is saying so on the phone. Something like: "Oh I so much like patting the cat, it's sitting here on my lap" or he is saying the opposite like "Ah, this cat here, I cannot stand it" and the  other person on the phone says "But the cat is here with me?!?!" => so one cat is the real cat, the other one is the shapeshifting monster!!!

Does anyone remember a scene like that and could help us?? PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!!
It's  obviously not "the Thing".
Yesterday I checked out "Alien Terminator" but it's not the one we are searching for. It's not "X-tro 2".
I am desperately trying to find this movie!! We have been looking for it for years now!! I mean it's not like I am sitting here everyday in front of the computer 8 hours a day, but from time to time I spend a day looking for it. No matter what I google or in which forum I go, I can't find it. Can't find it with the advanced search function on imdb though it has to be in this database!
PLEASE HELP US!!! I AM GOING CRAZY!! ANYONE REMEMBER THIS SCENE??
Even if you do not remember the title of it?? Remember more details that can help me finding it???

Thank you in advance!!!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »

I am not certain if it happens with a cat, but I believe there is a scene very close to what you describe in "Shadowzone" (1990) with a monkey.  The monster can become whatever it wants, and comes from another dimension via some sort of NASA sleep experiment.

Edit to add:

Shadow has a review for this on his site, which should help you confirm if it is your film:

http://www.bmoviegraveyard.com/reviews/S/Shadowzone/
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:50:28 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Glypodont
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 05:59:05 PM »

This also sounds like it might be Greydon Clark's UNINVITED
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 11:56:55 PM »

Nah, definitely not "UNINIVTED." That had a mutant cat puppet monster WITHIN a normal cat.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
JPM
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 01:45:52 PM »

@ANDREW: THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!! Twirling

Your answer was correct!! Indeed it was a monkey, not a cat! Maybe that's the reason no one else could ever recognize this scene? BounceGiggle
You've been a great help!! After searching this movie for so much time now, finally - thanks to you - we've found it!!!
YOU ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!
THANKS!!!

This post can be moved to solved  Smile
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 08:50:09 AM »

@ANDREW: THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!! Twirling

Your answer was correct!! Indeed it was a monkey, not a cat! Maybe that's the reason no one else could ever recognize this scene? BounceGiggle
You've been a great help!! After searching this movie for so much time now, finally - thanks to you - we've found it!!!
YOU ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!
THANKS!!!

This post can be moved to solved  Smile

Glad to be of assistance!  You did have the animals mixed up, but otherwise your description was spot on.  That is also my favorite scene in the movie, so it stands out for me.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Horror/SF movie - shapeshifting monster, scene with a cat!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.