Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:57:42 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Top 5 Beers Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Top 5 Beers Thread  (Read 8026 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2010, 09:22:21 PM »

1. Duvel - the champagne of beers. 8.5% alcohol, as complex tasting as a wine.  Terrific stuff.
2. Guinness - on draft, when properly poured and served at the right temp. I also love a black and tan (half Guinness, half Bass)
3. Chimay Blue Label - another high alcohol Belgian

Those three are way ahead of all the others.  My last 2 are subject to change but for right now:

4. Grimebergen Blonde (this is about tied for me with the Leffe, which DCA mentioned)
5. Young's Double Chocolate Stout - this stuff almost tastes like alcoholic chocolate milk. 

For an American beer I'll go with Sierra Nevada, I've never had a bad beer from them.  For light beer I'll go with Sam Adams light. 
Guinness isn't bad at all.  Haven't had it in quite a while, actually.  Should look for it next time I'm out.  The others you mentioned, I haven't even heard of.  But I have a very, very picky sense of taste, including beers. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 02:00:55 AM »

I know how far to push it when I drink it before I'm at the point where I'm stumbling around with my underwear on my head. Wink

Buggedout Buggedout Oh no, you too?  Wink TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 11:41:08 AM »

1.) Budweiser- My all time favorite, drink of choice.  Apparently Universally LOATHED, I LOVE it. 

I wouldn't say loathed, it's the best-selling beer in America and maybe the world.  But all of those beers are American cereal lagers; people either prefer them, often because they grew up with them, or they hate them.  I'd consider Budweiser like the McDonald's cheeseburger version of a beer, and the others I named like filet mignon.
I figure it sells well enough, but almost everyone I know personally hates it.  And others I meet, we talk, and they often quite mention how horrible it tastes and don't know how people like it. 

I kinda like the taste.  It's not bitter, not sweet.  Not overly filling, and the perfect amount of alcohol content.  I know how far to push it when I drink it before I'm at the point where I'm stumbling around with my underwear on my head. Wink

A friend of mine in Brussels warned me never to drink Heineken as "it has 43% horse pee in it". I went  Buggedout and asked him how he knew that. He told me to look at the label where it said Hors concours ~ actually meaning "Out of competition".  Drink Smile
It's pretty disgusting.  One of the worst tasting I've had.  Along with Rolling Rock.  But they were cheap so I drank them.  Then again, my 'tastes' are pretty damned disgustin.  Twinkie-Wiener Sandwiches and all. Wink

I find Budweiser to be kind of like making love in a canoe.

It's f**king close to water.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.  Cheers Cheers Cheers

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2010, 04:39:56 PM »

^ lol

I was in the supermarket 2 days ago and I remembered this thread so I thought I'd try out some new beer. bought 8 bottles of Cusqueñas, which is peruvian beer. not bad, a bit too sweet for me (still drank 'em though)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
dean

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2010, 10:00:08 PM »

Man there's too many to list here that I enjoy, but some good stand-bys for me:

Sapporo and Asahi, two really good Japanese brews.
Hoegaarden: fun because of the name, but more importantly is a nice drop too!
Little Creatures Pale Ale
Peroni
Duvel if I want to be Mr Fancy Pants [but its usually too expensive to drink often]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2010, 09:33:03 PM »

I know how far to push it when I drink it before I'm at the point where I'm stumbling around with my underwear on my head. Wink

Buggedout Buggedout Oh no, you too?  Wink TeddyR
Once or twice that I remember. Wink TeddyR

So now I count, and have a friend count as well, just to make sure I don't go over said number.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2010, 10:46:59 PM »

^ lol

I was in the supermarket 2 days ago and I remembered this thread so I thought I'd try out some new beer. bought 8 bottles of Cusqueñas, which is peruvian beer. not bad, a bit too sweet for me (still drank 'em though)

I had that in a Peruvian restaurant that used to be here in Vegas.  Great stuff!  I didn't know any supermarkets had it.  I'll have to look around for it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Top 5 Beers Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.