Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:43:56 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Batman 3: Robin Williams Wants in as Riddler « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Batman 3: Robin Williams Wants in as Riddler  (Read 3119 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: July 04, 2010, 07:04:45 PM »

It's hard to say how I feel about it.  On one hand, I'm not sure if the Riddler is a good role for Robin (I think he was up for consideration as the Riddler in the first Batman 3 movie) and if he was the character, I'm not sure if he could do him justice.  On the other hand, I know Robin is pretty talented as an actor (After his preformance as the villian in Law & Order: SVU, I think he can do a very good dark or tragic villian) and he could probably do good in a role as someone else.  I'm just torn.

Here's the article about it:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1102388p1.html

In general on the Riddler possibly as the third villian in the Batman 3.  I could see that, but I would to see a different, more unknown villian for Batman to face off against.  Hush or the Ventriloquist would make excellent villians for the next film. 

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 07:09:40 PM »

I was watching The Batman the other day with an episode featuring the Riddler.  The way they potray him on that cartoon would probably be a good sell movie wise.  I was thinking someone different than Williams, maybe a Johnny Depp kind of guy.  They really need to reconsider replacing Ledger as the Joker though for the franchise's sake.  Even if The Joker has a brief cameo here and there. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 07:41:55 PM »

Let Robin be Robin!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 10:42:15 PM »

(After his preformance as the villian in Law & Order: SVU, I think he can do a very good dark or tragic villian)

I'd suggest seeing Insomnia.  Not a great movie, but William's is nearly perfect in it. 

I think a bigger problem is Williams is now too old for the part.  60ish is just a little too old - unless the Riddler is a some kind of much creepier and darker villain than in the comics.  He could definitely be a side character though. 
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 07:31:58 AM »

(After his preformance as the villian in Law & Order: SVU, I think he can do a very good dark or tragic villian)

I'd suggest seeing Insomnia.  Not a great movie, but William's is nearly perfect in it.   

Heard he was pretty good in that when reading the comment section in article.  I may want to check it out now.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
dean

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 04:09:04 AM »

From a look point of view I'd really like them to use the guy who played Rorschach in Watchmen, Jackie Earle Hayley [sp?] I think he has the look down for the riddler!

Robin ain't suited for any role in Nolan's universe in my mind, as good an actor he is.  My personal preference would be for Hush to make an appearance, as Nolan is oft quoted with wanting to go with a new villain, and story-wise Hush's backstory is a pretty good fit.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 06:42:39 AM »

My personal preference would be for Hush to make an appearance, as Nolan is oft quoted with wanting to go with a new villain, and story-wise Hush's backstory is a pretty good fit.

I must be the only person who thinks Hush is over-rated.
Hush isn't really the villain, it was ......... all along.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
dean

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 08:10:48 AM »

My personal preference would be for Hush to make an appearance, as Nolan is oft quoted with wanting to go with a new villain, and story-wise Hush's backstory is a pretty good fit.

I must be the only person who thinks Hush is over-rated.
Hush isn't really the villain, it was ......... all along.

I think there's some interesting things they could do with Hush that didn't happen in the comics.  The first time we're introduced to him its like a mystery 'who is Hush' but I agree that it wouldn't translate well directly to the big screen.  But knowing Hollywood, you could change it and take things in a quite interesting direction: kind of like how Liam Neeson and Batman/Wayne had a history together, which made their conflict all the better, even though they didn't have as much screen time together.

I do like what they're doing with 'Hush' lately in his role as a 'fake' Bruce Wayne in the current Batman series.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 08:23:33 AM »

You guys are behind on the the rumor mill.  I first read this a couple of weeks ago and it kinda makes sense.  I've read this in several places.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=18940

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 10:36:24 AM »

The Riddler would be the next logical step since he's one of the most well-known villains (that hasn't been used already), and Levitt could work in the role; but then Nolan has been defying peoples' expectations with this franchise so I almost hope he doesn't use the Riddler at all.  I'd like to see Bane and/or Deadshot in the next one.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Batman 3: Robin Williams Wants in as Riddler « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.