Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:36:22 PM
714224 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  People you found on Facebook? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People you found on Facebook?  (Read 3212 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 07, 2010, 02:58:09 AM »

I found quite a few friends here on FB but the one person that I didn't expect to find was Kurt Thomas. Yes ~ he of Gymkata fame.  Buggedout Buggedout TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 10:52:40 AM »

I've found a couple of directors---no big names---who have graciously answered my questions about their movies.  I won't say who, but it is possible to contact people in the film business on Facebook if you have a legitimate reason to. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:58:11 PM »

I found one of my favorite singer/songwriters (he's not performing full time anymore). I sent him a note just thanking him for the enjoyment I've gotten from his music over the years and letting him know that I still listen to his songs. He sent me back a very nice thank you for my message. It was a rather cool thing for him to do.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 09:02:02 PM »

I'm friends with Trevor and Andrew last time I checked.  They are the only ones who know who I am!  I trust you gentlemen not to expose my real name and I am being serious here.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 09:40:49 PM »

Haven't found anyone from here, but found a couple people. 
Evan Wecksell- singer/comedian, been featured on VH1 and E!.  Actually talk to him quite a bit, and he sent me some stuff in the mail.
The Blue Meanie- a relatively "Local" pro wrestler from the Philly area.  I say "relatively local" as he was once signed to the big leagues (WWE), but is now strictly in this area.  Met him at a bar a few times too.
Lloyd Kaufman- Well, it's his official account, but I dunno if it's actually Lloyd logging in or just some employee of Troma.
Weird Al Yankovic- He has personal pics up from his home life, so it's actually him.  Answered some questions in e-mail.  While we're far from actual friends, it's cool he answered.
Big Daddy Graham- Comedian.  Now hosts a sports-talk radio show.  Turns out he's married to a friend of my mom's, which my mom failed to tell me until I mentioned that I had his cd and talked to him on Facebook.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 05:24:59 AM »

I'm friends with Trevor, Newt, Derf, Andrew, JJ80, BTM and more...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 07:08:11 AM »

I have not yet gone looking for anyone other than friends from the past.  But FB makes 'suggestions' and at times I am taken aback at who my friends know!   Buggedout

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 08:59:57 AM »

I'm friends with Newt, Trevor, Ash, Doggett and Paula from this site. And as of this morning, Trekgeezer.

A friend of mine joined the Julie Brown FB page and made a wisecrack about her acting skills, which she apparently took offense to, or at least made a crack back at him. She apparently has a lot of free time these days...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:22:14 AM by Derf » Logged

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Raffine

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 07:42:58 PM »

I found the person who was my best buddy in elementary school. We were both rabid 'Monster Kids' and shared a love of Famous Monster of Filmland magazine, Aurora monster models, and horror movies from DRACULA to FROGS.

Figuring he had (unlike me) outgrown this stuff long ago, I was de-lighted to find out he's an university English professor specializing in horror and supernatural fiction!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 08:58:34 PM »

Didn't know people here had a Facebook. 

Added some friends from another forum on my Myspace (which gets used once a month to let people know I'm alive).  And I met some friends from the Weird Al forum at his concert, which was fun.  First time I can say I met people from a forum.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Paquita

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 09:39:43 PM »

I have not yet gone looking for anyone other than friends from the past.  But FB makes 'suggestions' and at times I am taken aback at who my friends know!   Buggedout

This is exactly one of the reasons why I don't have facebook!  I don't want everyone I know to know who I know and I don't always want to know who they know..
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 01:14:50 AM »

I've only just signed up to Facebook, having resisted all this time.  As I only have internet access at work, it's not the kind of site I would frequent regularly.

I only have 3 friends but I don't know that many people.  All my years of being deliberately anti-social have come back to bite me, I think!

The 3 people who are my friends either don't frequent Facebook that regularly or they live too far away for me to catch up for a coffee.

As for this place, I'm not friends with anyone, but Trevor did send me a nice Happy Birthday email for my.....well......birthday   BounceGiggle

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 01:36:48 AM »

As for this place, I'm not friends with anyone, but Trevor did send me a nice Happy Birthday email for my.....well......birthday   BounceGiggle

TeddyR TeddyR

You can always friend me on FB: just look for Trevor Moses and if you see a pic of a guy with a Cookie Monster, that be me.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  People you found on Facebook? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.