Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:20:42 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  5000 Fingers of Dr. T « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 5000 Fingers of Dr. T  (Read 3513 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: July 07, 2010, 11:32:12 AM »

This movie is by far the weirdest movie to come into existence, and why not, it was made with Dr. Seuss. this movie has to be a musical, why? Because there is a musical score to it, but not as much as say Singin' in the rain or Xanadu. But it's a real cheesy movie to watch.
RECOMMENDED

yeah no.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:27:07 PM »

Bull, here's my reaction at having stumbled over this one back in March (mine is reply #11):
http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,129335.msg327401.html#msg327401

(No doubt AHD will not be pleased that I called it "Willy Wonka-esque" since we all know how he feels about WW and he has stated he reviles Dr T...but I stand by my impression.  I could plead delirium - but it is more likely to be faulty appreciation.   Wink  )
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:30:06 PM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 07:46:24 PM »

I like this film. very original, and kind of freaky.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 08:35:29 PM »

It is indeed a cute little oddity. I enjoyed it enough to buy the DVD. I can see how some would find it annoying, but the sets were enough to endear it to me.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 08:57:28 PM »

Not by far the weirdest movie to come into existence, but I am very fond of DR. T and I'm going to give it a long review somewhere down the line. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 10:13:24 PM »

I saw this movie when I was a kid and absolutely loved it!  All I remember of it is hundreds of kids at piano keyboards all playing at the same time.

Weird!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 09:44:42 AM »

Who would win in a fight:  THE 5,000 FINGERS OF DR. T or the FIVE FINGERS OF DEATH?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 11:32:45 AM »

Who would win in a fight:  THE 5,000 FINGERS OF DR. T or the FIVE FINGERS OF DEATH?

Dr. T pities the fool who bets against him.  TongueOut

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 06:55:03 PM »

Yes, highly recommended if you want to understand the mind of Dr. Seuss, who wrote the screenplay for this.

This film does a better job (IMHO) at what makes Dr. Seuss Dr. Seuss, then the film versions of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and "A Cat in a Hat," which (IMHO) were overproduced.

As we were talking about films that underperformed at the box office, here is another example of that. Indeed, Dr. Seuss was so upset by the film's box office performance, that he practically disavowed the film. Indeed, some ten years after the film first played in theaters, it was shown on local TV. And the host who introduced the films asked Dr. Seuss to come on the show, as Dr. Seuss lived in the area, and talk about the film. But Dr. Seuss was still upset by the box office performance of the film, that he refused, even then, to talk about the film.

And let us not forget Hans Conreid's great performance as the villain Dr. Terwiliker.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 11:34:12 PM »

And let us not forget Hans Conreid's great performance as the villain Dr. Terwiliker.

Allhallowsday posted this elsewhere, but it merits a repeat performance:
Small | Large

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  5000 Fingers of Dr. T « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.