Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:45:07 PM
714240 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Killdozer! (1974) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Killdozer! (1974)  (Read 2564 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: August 25, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »

While listening to a podcast on Spill, one of the members brought up a movie called Killdozer and well, you know me.  It caught my attention on the grounds that it is a movie about a killer bulldozer and I love killer anything outside of people (Too many of those.  Give me a good old fashion neck chewed out by a rat!).  Then I found the movie on YouTube!

Small | Large

However, I am hesitating a bit.  On the podcast, the member mentioned that tons of people said this was the worst movie of all times.  Given that fact, I am a little spooked.  For those who have seen this classic, what are your thoughts on it?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:27:42 PM »

I loved it.  Absolutely blown away by the quality of story-telling and the little elements that, combined, make the bulldozer genuinely frightening. 

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 07:15:49 PM »

and a great band!

Small | Large
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:04:37 PM »

Wow, I was JUST talking about this movie the other day - in an auto shop, no less.

I watched it when I was a kid and it stuck with me...enough that I once ran right out of my boots when I bull dozer was backing up in my general direction.  My Dad thought that was a hoot and told the story many-a-time over the years.

Watch it - you'll have fun with this one.   Thumbup

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 08:18:51 PM »

Believe it or not, there was actually a marvel comic adaption of this.

Saldy the wicked design for the thing seen here was only used on the cover.  Inside it's its normal self.  It doesn't talk in the main story either. 
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 06:16:55 AM »

Believe it or not, there was actually a marvel comic adaption of this.

Saldy the wicked design for the thing seen here was only used on the cover.  Inside it's its normal self.  It doesn't talk in the main story either. 

I have this comic.  Saw the movie 2 or 3 times when it was on TV back in the 1970s and I thought it was okay (but I was much younger then!)  I'd buy the DVD if they released it.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Hammock Rider

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 10:15:03 AM »

Maybe it's something about the mundane going horrbly awry and turning life upside down, or maybe because it just strikes me as funny but I like any movie where everyday machines come to life and attack humanity.  Killdozer is one of my favorites, right up there with Christine, The Car  and Maximum Overdrive.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 04:32:23 PM »

Has a made for TV movie ever had a better title?

But there are so many other memorable things about this film.

The cast which includes Clint Walker, Carl Betz, Neville Brand, James Wainwright, Robert Urich, and James A. Walter, jr.

That the screenplay was written by science fiction author Theodore Sturgeon.

Whether for any of these reasons, or for some unknown reasons, it has always been a memorable film for me. Remembering years after I first saw it that one time on TV. Unlike some movies I forget I've seen, five minutes after I've seen them.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 12:02:35 PM »

THis is one you should watch Infogeek! Thumbup

yeah no.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 02:47:32 PM »

I recall watching this one on the SciFi channel in its VERY early years.  From what I recall of it, it was a lot of fun.  Going to have to seek down a copy now!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »

The real life Killdozer was way better.

Apparently I can't post links but you can wiki Marvin Heemeyer and get the story.

John Hancock
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 10:36:53 AM »

The real life Killdozer was way better.

Apparently I can't post links but you can wiki Marvin Heemeyer and get the story.

Sorry you can't post links until you gain a star. Its a way to prevent spamers I think. But anyways I assume this is what you were talking about right?

Small | Large
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 11:54:20 AM »

That makes sense. I'll have to check the video when I get home though. My office blocks youtube so it just comes up as a green space on my screen.

John Hancock
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Killdozer! (1974) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.