Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:41:08 AM
714197 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  NM man loses drinking game, set on fire « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NM man loses drinking game, set on fire  (Read 3396 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« on: July 10, 2010, 06:20:28 PM »

Stupid people are stupid

LAS CRUCES, N.M. — A 47-year-old man's friends set his prosthetic leg on fire after he lost a drinking bet, causing him to suffer severe burns to his buttocks and lower back. Dona Ana County sheriff's deputies found the man naked on the side of U.S. Route 70 with his prosthetic leg in flames. Deputies learned that the man and his friends were drinking Monday and bet that whoever drank the least would be set on fire.

The man told investigators that at six beers, he drank the least, and agreed to let his friends set him on fire.

He said his friends ignited his prosthetic leg, and the flames spread to his body.

The sheriff's office said the man took his clothes off because of the pain and his friends decided to take him to the hospital. But they got nervous and instead dropped him off on the side of the highway.

Darwin award nominee here?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 07:15:30 PM by sprite75 » Logged

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »

can't find the link.

yeah no.
sprite75

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 07:16:01 PM »

can't find the link.

I fixed it, but if it's still not working then...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hhL08V4uvNLTvsn47h7kV_10CT0wD9GSETFO0

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »

At least they didn't stuff a live eel up his butt.

There is a reason I don't drink!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 09:49:25 PM »

Jeez, it's embarrassing enough to have the cops find you naked next to the highway under any circumstances.  All burned up because you lost a drinking bet..that's almost enough to make you consider cutting back somewhat.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 06:52:16 AM »

I'm a little lost on how the ones who drank more were able to set the one who drank less on fire.  He lost the bet "fair-and-square" so he took what he had coming?  After six beers?   Buggedout

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 09:41:22 AM »

I suppose they all got legless, one way or another

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 08:32:25 AM »

I'm a little lost on how the ones who drank more were able to set the one who drank less on fire.  He lost the bet "fair-and-square" so he took what he had coming?  After six beers?   Buggedout

That's the goofy thing, that he was a willing participant, and couldn't have been that drunk. I'm also amazed he couldn't have put away more than six beers in an evening. Mind you, with his decreased blood volume, they should have given him a handicap (no pun intended).

This is why I hate going to an emergency room on Saturday night. You wait for hours while they treat drunken idiots who gave themselves injuries more urgent than your problem.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
sprite75

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 01:27:39 AM »

This is why I hate going to an emergency room on Saturday night. You wait for hours while they treat drunken idiots who gave themselves injuries more urgent than your problem.

I remember one time a couple years ago I had a bug fly up inside my ear.  It was a little after midnight and I had just gotten home from work.  The thing was fluttering constantly in my ear so there was no way that was going to wait until the next morning for the urgent care place to open.  So I got back in my car and went to the emergency room.  It took the doctor a little bit to find the bug and get it out because it blended in with the wax.  The nurse couldn't believe I wanted the bug to take home then.  But the way I figured was that damn bug just cost me $200 (my insurance has that as a deductible for ER visits), and I wanted to take a picture of the thing to show others.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  NM man loses drinking game, set on fire « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.