Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:43:11 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Have You Ever Got a 100% on a Video Game? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Have You Ever Got a 100% on a Video Game?  (Read 7234 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: July 11, 2010, 12:03:21 PM »

There are a lot of things to do in a video game and I mean, a lot of things, especially if you go for that one hundred precent.  To do this, however, requires a lot of work to do so and it is pretty hard as well.  I've only managed to get 2 one hundreds precents in any game in the past without cheating.  The games are Spyro: Ripto's Rage and The Simpsons Hit & Run.

How about you guys?  Have you ever gotten a hundred precent in a video game before?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 12:09:26 PM »

GTA Vice City and all I got was a lousy T-Shirt...literally.  BounceGiggle   I actually started to do this with GTA San Andreas but then got fouled up with the location of a few things, particulary the horseshoes.  It became too aggrivating, as many of these games do with this mission, and I went back to blowing up things and killing innocent people.  

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 12:32:51 PM »

I don't think I ever have in any game that measures a percentage like that.  Most of the time games that have that system have several extremely dull fetch quests that, to me, are a giant waste of time.  Like the whole 120 hidden object crap.  Or the stars in the Mario games where you have to find hidden coins. 

BORING!
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:43:42 PM »

Sorta. I completed all the side quests in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. The only thing I didn't do was collect enough treasure to buy all the variations of train cars. But I got all the heart containers, caught fifty %*&^ rabbits, and opened all the tracks on the map. Gotta love pointless tasks in Zelda games...   TongueOut

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 12:46:59 PM »

I've got a couple of platinum trophies, one for Dead Space and the other for Need For Speed:  Shift.  Need For Speed was tremendously time consuming, but I love racing games so I enjoyed it...mostly.  Of course they make you do a bunch of crap that's really anti-racing, like you have to score a certain number of points for "aggressive" driving, which requires you to run each race like a demolition derby at least once.  And then there were all those drifting races where you had to maintain a drift for 4 seconds.   Lookingup

Dead Space was pretty easy, just play through it a few times until you accumulate everything available, and finish it on the hardest difficulty level.  The only really tough part was getting the "Don't get cocky kid" trophy, named after that scene in Star Wars where Han says that line to Luke after he shoots down a Tie fighter.  That particular part of the game was very much like that laser cannon from Star Wars, except you were shooting at meteorites, and you had to destroy them all before they inflicted too much damage on your ship.  That took me about 75 tries.  It was sort of a fun mini-game, so that wasn't even too bad.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 04:22:31 PM »

Well on the old Atari 2600 as a kid I overran the top scoring percentage three times in a row on the old Destroyer game but I don't think I'm the only one who accomplished this by any means.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Couchtr26

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 04:34:44 PM »

I've got a Platinum Trophy for COD:WAW but if you mean like 100% of items collected and no trophy system then Tomb Raider for XBOX 360.  That first one can't remember the name.  Sadly, they were not creative with ancient artifact placement or time trials. 

Ah, the good old days.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »

THUG 1 and 2, NFS Underground 2

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 06:58:40 AM »

I guess I beat Smash TV on the NES about 5 or 6 times back in the day  TeddyR  The first time I got to the last level, I was so nervous I had to get a beer out of the fridge to calm my nerves.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 02:42:17 PM »

I beat Mario 64 100% by getting all the stars in the game.  I really didn't like the control mechanics of Mario..

I beat both castles (normal and upside-down/alternate) of numerous Castlevania games for the PS or GBA.

If 100% could also mean beating a game without dying, I did that with Mega Man 1, 2 and 3.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pilgermann

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »

I don't remember the percentage (it was maybe 120% or something) but I nearly got a perfect score on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.  There was one little speck on the map that simply would not show up no matter what I tried.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 07:29:03 PM »

I think I beat Kindom Hearts 100% but I can't recall now.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
3mnkids

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 12:45:54 AM »

The first 3 spryo games.. they sucked after that.

Jak and daxter(love this game)

Jax ll is one of the most infuriating games Ive ever played so no, didnt get 100%.. I did throw the controller several times though.
Im sure there are others but these I've played through several times and gotten 100%.

I make my kids crazy when I play games because I try to get every single thing. Im playing Batman:Arkham aslyum now and I want everything.   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 01:41:33 PM »

They certianly do.   Smile

I make my kids crazy when I play games because I try to get every single thing. Im playing Batman:Arkham aslyum now and I want everything.   TeddyR

You're going for every Riddler's Trophy and challenge?!  Have fun!  Here's a quick freebie, there's  trophy in a vent inside of the room where the Joker first escapes.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
3mnkids

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 02:40:35 PM »

They certianly do.   Smile

You're going for every Riddler's Trophy and challenge?!  Have fun!  Here's a quick freebie, there's  trophy in a vent inside of the room where the Joker first escapes.

I got it. This was the conversation shortly before I found it.  what are you doing? why do you keep looking around? Play the game!...  TeddyR   I wanna see whats in this vent! do you mind! 

BTW that is a typical conversation while im playing any game. I look at EVERYTHING

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Have You Ever Got a 100% on a Video Game? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.