Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:40:14 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Forbidden Dance is Lambada « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Forbidden Dance is Lambada  (Read 23799 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 16, 2009, 11:02:15 AM »

The rainforest is doomed unless a tribal princess can teach the Americans how to dance.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:34:40 PM »

I remember this moive.  Just what the heck was in the sack that made everyone drop to there knees in pain? 

I also love the idea of a jungle princess changing the world throught DANCE!  It's a plot from a Disney movie- trying to be sexy.  Maybe had she should have tried to see Bill Clinton.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:43:13 PM »

I never seen this movie before, but I must say, it sounds extremely corny.  Though... that dance from the clip...  Buggedout  Buggedout  Buggedout

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Flangepart

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 05:40:32 PM »

Not seen this gobbler yet, but regards the clip...once more, a guy takes out a thug, and don't take his weapons. Amature...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 06:47:23 PM »

I saw this on cable one time years ago.  Wretched.   I didn't even know it got a theatrical release.  It looks like some direct to video piece of crap.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Andoc
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 09:36:33 AM »

Saw this on cable like five or six years ago. I thought it sucked, it does have a few amusing moments that make you laugh really hard, the snake sack being one of them.

Anyways, I always thought Lambada was dumb. After seeing the clip I remembered why. It's not sexy at all when danced alone. At least it's not as stupid a dance as the Macarena was, and thank God, we never got a Macarena movie.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 12:44:11 PM »

I saw this movie a long time ago.  I thought the princess was hot  Cheers, so I gave the movie a shot.  I did not think it was a bad movie, just typical 90's stuff.  I thought it was funny that she had to dance to save the rainforest.

I would watch it again.

Later,

JOHN

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 09:53:06 AM »

The movie is terrible, and I almost gave it a lower rating than I did, but the Sid Haig as the witch doctor with the snake sack and magic feather really make me crack up.  The dancing angle is also presented with such seriousness that I cannot help enjoying it.

If it's any consolation, this is probably the best Lambada film ever made.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
anonymous
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 02:06:10 AM »

Can't imagine what actually Brazilians who saw this thought. Probably nearly we
re ready to stabbed there eyes out because of it out of shame. Really dancing helping the rain forest come on, give me a break. Richard Lynch and Sid Haig must of been wanting cash badly to appear in this stinker. Though this wouldn't be the first time Richard Lynch had done things for cash, look at Tony Zarindast's 1996 monstrosity known as Werewolf.
FLU-BIRD
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 09:34:51 AM »

Made back when everybody was getting into this SAVE THE RAINFORESTS poppycock bull twaddle and just another example of how it gets worse like the other rainforsts junk like FERNGULLY or what else
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 11:37:56 PM »

Nisa and her tribe live in the Brazilian rainforest. Part of the tribe's cultural heritage is the Lambada. Considering how close the dance is to sex, it is pretty obvious that the only reason Nisa's people have not overrun the Earth is that their rainforest is filled with man-eating animals. Anyway, Nisa and the other young people participate in rituals that involve dancing the Lambada and then eating an apple from the tree in the center of the village. All of that changes when Maxwell shows up with a government-signed deed for the land, and a bunch of jeeps filled with gun-toting mercenaries. If that was not evil enough, Maxwell makes sure to run over the sacred forbidden fruit tree after telling the tribe that they have to clear out.

GOOD GOD! This is, almost word for word, the majority of the plot for Avatar (2009)! Is there any movie that James Cameron didn't rip off when he was making that tired, overhyped, CGI-effects-ridden waste of 2-1/2 hours of my life?!  Buggedout

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 08:39:54 AM »

Is it the cheese or the tees that they must stop killing?

It's the cheese, unfortunately.  Bluesad Wink TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Forbidden Dance is Lambada « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.