Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:05:56 AM
713344 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Big Meat Eater « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Big Meat Eater  (Read 19570 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: July 12, 2010, 09:37:15 PM »

The problem with this movie is not that it is science fiction, nor that it is horror, nor even that it is a comedy.  The problem is that it is also a musical.  Its budget is a problem as well.  Cub scout troops have bigger budgets than this film.  For those keeping track, that makes it a no-budget sci-fi horror comedy musical.

You should run away from this movie right now, and hide under your bed until is is gone.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 06:14:34 AM »

Huh, Rob Sanderson here sort of looks like Pee Wee Herman in glasses almost or possibly Rick Moranis from Little Shop of Horrors.  Maybe that's just me.

Regardless, a horror musical doesn't really work well (Except with Little Shop of Horrors like mentioned), especially on a very low budget.  Out of curiousity, what made you keep this movie at one slime level instead of skull?  It doesn't sound like there was anything good about this film.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
DrSerizawa
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 07:21:08 AM »

Actually, I think that Titanic would have been greatly improved as a movie if there had been a cargo of screaming monkeys that got released about half way through. It certainly couldn't have made it any worse.
Martin
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 04:11:52 PM »

I don't know, The Sound of Music was mighty horrific to me...
Sitting Duck
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 11:11:46 AM »

Sounds rather like Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, except it horror/science fiction instead of fifth tier supers whom Aqua Man would consider lame.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »

Regardless, a horror musical doesn't really work well (Except with Little Shop of Horrors like mentioned), especially on a very low budget.  Out of curiousity, what made you keep this movie at one slime level instead of skull?  It doesn't sound like there was anything good about this film.

The film was right on the edge of getting a skull, but it does have some redeeming qualities, like Abdullah singing about being the big meat eater, and even an earlier song and dance with him and belly dancers.  When I skull something, it means I really dislike it.

Actually, I think that Titanic would have been greatly improved as a movie if there had been a cargo of screaming monkeys that got released about half way through. It certainly couldn't have made it any worse.

Right around the time that Jack and Rose were steaming up the windows of the car?  Yeah, what that scene needed was a sudden injection of upset monkeys.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 06:42:59 PM »

Uncle Sam wants you Jan Wczinski. Yes, you . . . and your flying car.

The Pentagon is looking into the feasability of a car that flies like a helicopter, and then when it lands, it'll be able to travel cross country like an off-road vehicle, and be large enough to carry four soldiers and their equipment.
CMB
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 05:49:11 AM »

Lol BoyScoutKevin! TeddyR I had a dream last night that I was one of the staff in the butcher shop in Big Meat Eater entirely based on reviews i've read/clips seen (I've never watched the movie); it was pretty vivid and colourful and more than a little disturbing!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 12:25:38 AM »

So, I finally watched this tonight. I had read the review. My brother, who selected it from my instant queue, had not. I think that means I win. Or we both lost.

I actually think the movie could have been halfway entertaining if it had a budget larger than $5, or if it had been filmed competently. Neither was really the case.

Anyway, a few things I noticed:

I believe the movie spelled it "bolonium." Myself, I prefer "bolognium." I'm not going to go back to the movie and check, however.

The Wczinskis are apparently Moldavian (from a part of Romania). I can't really explain how the daughter has a North American accent, and why the son has a British accent. I'd say they travel around, but a major plot point (if this movie has any) is that the parents have lived in the same town since they were married.

Also, I suspected the movie was filmed in Canada when the town hall is shown with a picture of Queen Elizabeth II on the wall. The brief flash of cash clinched it. This movie was filmed in Canada. In Canada in the 1980's. For no money.

Lastly, I think Billy Joel stole "We Didn't Start the Fire" from this movie. The vocal patterns and intonations by the son in that one song about chemistry is almost exactly the same as Joel's more famous, but later, tune.

Bottom line, there are things to like in this movie (I thought the aliens were great), but it is still pretty bad. From 1 to 5, I give this a 2.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 08:26:58 AM »

Yeah, what that scene needed was a sudden injection of upset monkeys.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Big Meat Eater « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.