Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:21:48 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Inception « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Inception  (Read 12095 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 03:52:49 PM »

I'm looking forward to it. This seems like the only summer blockbuster worth seeing. Is it just me, or is this summer one of the worst in years for summer releases? Just about everything so far looks unwatchable.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 10:39:51 PM »

I'm looking forward to it. This seems like the only summer blockbuster worth seeing. Is it just me, or is this summer one of the worst in years for summer releases? Just about everything so far looks unwatchable.

Definitely not just you.  I've heard some claim this as the worst year for summer "event" type films in the past 30 years.  The only one I've been COMPLETELY satisfied with has been Toy Story 3, though Inception was also up there.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 12:41:04 AM »

Maybe I'm easy to please, but I thoroughly enjoyed THE SORCEROR'S APPRENTICE.  I will say that INCEPTION looks pretty cool though!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Just_Isaiah
New Visitor

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 02:54:54 PM »

This movie played with mind so much, when I left the theater I felt like I was in "Limbo"; Overall A+ movie, with A+ acting... and the ending led me to believe I didn't fully figure the movie out.  Thumbup
Vik
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »

I've been avoiding this thread for spoilers. I just got back from seeing it. I'm mildly dissapointed, it was really good and I enjoyed it but my expectation were too high I suppose.
It had great acting from everyone, very original movie and really good overal. I just expected a little more.
4.5/5
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 11:41:41 AM »

I've been avoiding this thread for spoilers. I just got back from seeing it. I'm mildly dissapointed, it was really good and I enjoyed it but my expectation were too high I suppose.
It had great acting from everyone, very original movie and really good overal. I just expected a little more.
4.5/5

Must have been very mild considering you still gave it a 4.5. I'm seeing it on Saturday.

Vik
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 12:26:32 PM »

4.5/5

Must have been very mild considering you still gave it a 4.5.
Yes
Hammock Rider

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 01:21:55 PM »

I like to think of it as a "heist" movie that explores some really surreal topics. I love the idea of that. Unfortunatley I agree with the person who said that they just couldn't connect with the movie or at least with Leo's acting. He didn't seem to really feel any pain or loss or guilt even though hus character was wrapped up in all those things.   
   It was a great idea on paper but in reality I just wasn't moved by it.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 09:28:06 AM »

Finally saw it this weekend. I was very impressed. I thought it was well conceptualized and delivered. This is the kind of movie where the concept, no matter how big a budget the filmmaker has, seems nearly impossible to pull off, yet Christopher Nolan did it very well, and I'm sure he worked his ass off pulling it all together. And it didn't stoop to using cheap plot tricks. The ending just sort of happened and it didn't really answer any questions, but it didn't have to and it didn't take anything away from the previous 2+ hours. The concept alone was enough. Hats off. Perfect film? No, but close. 4.7/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 04:18:17 PM »

INCEPTION is officially a classic.

Evidence: Armond White hates it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Vik
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 05:00:47 PM »

I saw it a 2nd time, and I enjoyed it much more (even though I really liked it the first time)  Thumbup
And Happy Birthday Christopher Nolan !
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »

I must have missed it during the opening credits, but now that I know Chrsitopher Nolan also wrote the script I'm even more impressed. The idea was great and it was well written. That actually makes sense. If Christpher Nolan had tried to pull off such a concept written by someone else, it probably would have failed miserably.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 11:04:19 AM »

I saw it yesterday and loved it.  The ending gave me chills.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Neville

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 10:11:11 AM »

I agree with the general impressions. Not perfection made summer blockbuster (too much action scenes IMHO), but very, very close. The concept is fascinating, the plot twists keep on coming, and the conflict of DiCaprio's character was plain amazing. The best movie of the year, so far, and the best Nolan since "Memento". I'd go as far as saying it is better than "Memento" at some points, the story is more complex and mature.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 07:22:54 PM »

Easily my favorite movie I saw last year. This movie is simply amazing.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Inception « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.