Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:03:32 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Inception « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Inception  (Read 12089 times)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 01:39:45 AM »

He's "living" inside Michael Caine's brain/dream - Caine wants to be nice to him/give him a "life" after death - He's only alive within Caine's neurology -

peter.

I have no idea what this means.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 11:46:06 PM »

Ugh!  I hated, hated, hated this movie!

I officially hate anything directed by Nolan.  The guy is a total hack in my opinion.
While watching Inception, I kept thinking that there was something missing.  It wasn't until I read this thread on the IMDB that it became clear.
Nolan's movies are "emotionally unengaging".  I didn't give one rat's a** about any of the characters.  Same as in his Batman films.  There is this detachment that's downright disturbing.  I want to root for characters and in a Nolan film, that's something I'm definitely not going to get.

Awful film.  Half a star out of 4 and a huge  Thumbdown
(the half a star was for the cool SFX)
peter johnson

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 02:56:02 AM »

Whoops! -
Can't get anything where you say to go , re . "Nolan", as it's "members only."

"Inception" is a briilant and difficult film.  If you have sites to contradict, please have things we can actually see without joining, merci -

peter

I have no idea what this means.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 01:46:44 PM »

Whoops! -
Can't get anything where you say to go , re . "Nolan", as it's "members only."

"Inception" is a briilant and difficult film.  If you have sites to contradict, please have things we can actually see without joining, merci -

peter

Umm, Peter, Ash's just linking to a discussion thread on the IMDB.  I'm pretty sure you don't need to join anything.  I have no idea how you could have got a "members only" message from that link. 

Anyway, the IMDB thread just says that none of the characters were emotionally engaging.  I disagree; I was engaged with Leo's character, and Marion Cotillard's.  The supporting characters were flat but I didn't see that as a problem as it's a plot-based movie, and the plot kept me involved. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 09:00:29 AM »

It's one of the best films I've ever seen. I didn't even know Nolan made it. Nolan is now officially one of my favorite directors.

My favorite directors:

Tim Burton
C. Nolan
Peter Jackson
J. J. Abrams

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 01:20:12 PM »

Ugh!  I hated, hated, hated this movie!

I officially hate anything directed by Nolan.  The guy is a total hack in my opinion.
While watching Inception, I kept thinking that there was something missing.  It wasn't until I read this thread on the IMDB that it became clear.
Nolan's movies are "emotionally unengaging".  I didn't give one rat's a** about any of the characters.  Same as in his Batman films.  There is this detachment that's downright disturbing.  I want to root for characters and in a Nolan film, that's something I'm definitely not going to get.

Awful film.  Half a star out of 4 and a huge  Thumbdown

Hey, Ash is entitled to his opinion. He didn't engage with the characters, and if that were the case for me I'm sure I would have hated it too. However, I enjoyed Inception quite a bit. I don't usually go in for CGI fests but this one was an exception. Conceptualy I also thought it was very cool.

My wife and I are buying our first HD tv with part of our income tax refund. I think Inception may be my first Blue-Ray. Has anybody seen it in Hi-Def?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »

Ugh!  I hated, hated, hated this movie!

I officially hate anything directed by Nolan.  The guy is a total hack in my opinion.
While watching Inception, I kept thinking that there was something missing.  It wasn't until I read this thread on the IMDB that it became clear.
Nolan's movies are "emotionally unengaging".  I didn't give one rat's a** about any of the characters.  Same as in his Batman films.  There is this detachment that's downright disturbing.  I want to root for characters and in a Nolan film, that's something I'm definitely not going to get.

Awful film.  Half a star out of 4 and a huge  Thumbdown

Hey, Ash is entitled to his opinion. He didn't engage with the characters, and if that were the case for me I'm sure I would have hated it too. However, I enjoyed Inception quite a bit. I don't usually go in for CGI fests but this one was an exception. Conceptualy I also thought it was very cool.

My wife and I are buying our first HD tv with part of our income tax refund. I think Inception may be my first Blue-Ray. Has anybody seen it in Hi-Def?

I've seen it in HD on Blu-Ray. It's a stunner, definitely a good first Blu-Ray.  It helps that most of it was shot on location in real places all over the world.  So you get lots of cool looking real places, beautifully shot.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Inception « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.