Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:26:13 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anybody notice how EBAY insulates buyers from sellers & themselves from YOU??? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anybody notice how EBAY insulates buyers from sellers & themselves from YOU???  (Read 2210 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: July 15, 2010, 08:58:45 PM »

Anybody notice how EBAY insulates buyers from sellers & themselves from YOU??? 

I don't EBAY much these days, but I used to a lot.  I still visit the site everyday and I'm always looking for buys.  BUT, with MORE recent changes, EBAY has made it harder if not impossible to communicate with each other or with ebay themselves.  It used to be possible to communicate with EBAY directly (perhaps the old 800 numbers I have still work).   But, I wanted to inquire about the very recent changes in various parts, making it harder to use the site, navigate your own "watching," etc.  Guess what?  Can't do it. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 11:56:53 PM »

Yeah, I noticed this.  A lot of sites seem to be doing this.  I suspect they're doing this in order to cut down on the costs involved with customer service.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 11:41:45 AM »

Jim's right, it appears to be a cost-cutting trend.  I've been having trouble uploading to YouTube, getting an unspecified error, and there is no way to talk to anyone there.  The simply do not have any contact with "customers"; they try to help each other in the forums and that's it for support.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 01:02:28 PM »

People who have Ebay stores have easier access to customer service.  The more elaborate (i.e., expensive) store you have the more support you receive.  I guess this is the "you get what you pay for" theory in action.  I've been buying and selling on Ebay for 10 years or so.  I recently closed my Ebay store (it was just a basic store, I think I paid $15 per month for it) because I don't have much more to sell. 

My biggest complaint is Ebay no longer allows sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers.  The reasoning behind this is they want sellers to go through the dipute resolution process rather than just leaving negative comments for buyers who don't pay.  I think they should at least allow sellers to leave negative feedback AFTER they have formally filed a dispute.  I recently had a game up for auction and a buyer used "Buy it Now" for $140.00.  Then he never paid me or answered my e-mails.  Ebay eventually refunded my final value fee, but the buyer who stiffed me still has 100% positive feedback.  (Although, he does have a "strike" against him in Ebay's records).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jim H

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 01:57:16 PM »

People who have Ebay stores have easier access to customer service.  The more elaborate (i.e., expensive) store you have the more support you receive.  I guess this is the "you get what you pay for" theory in action.  I've been buying and selling on Ebay for 10 years or so.  I recently closed my Ebay store (it was just a basic store, I think I paid $15 per month for it) because I don't have much more to sell. 

My biggest complaint is Ebay no longer allows sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers.  The reasoning behind this is they want sellers to go through the dipute resolution process rather than just leaving negative comments for buyers who don't pay.  I think they should at least allow sellers to leave negative feedback AFTER they have formally filed a dispute.  I recently had a game up for auction and a buyer used "Buy it Now" for $140.00.  Then he never paid me or answered my e-mails.  Ebay eventually refunded my final value fee, but the buyer who stiffed me still has 100% positive feedback.  (Although, he does have a "strike" against him in Ebay's records).

Yeah, that was a bad decision.  Fact is, sellers are hurt FAR more by negative feedback than buyers anyway.  I suspect part of the reason they removed the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback is because of all the sellers that left retaliatory negative feedback (of course, buyers do this ALL THE TIME - which is why I never left any negative feedback in the old days).  Either way, it's frustrating for sellers. 

Considering some of the douchebags I've had to deal with on eBay as a seller, it's amazing to me I've maintained a 100% positive feedback list.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 03:24:04 PM »

I've been selling on EBay for about three years.  I've had two deals go sour recently - a bought my girls a Nintendo Wii for their birthday and the jerk never sent it; then I bought two rare spearheads that turned out to be PLASTIC!! In one case, EBay refunded my money; in the other, I worked out a refund with the seller, who did not know the points were plastic.  Anyway, I've never had a buyer not pay for his stuff.  Delays sometimes, but refusal to pay, never.  Overall my experiences with EBay have been OK once I overcame my reluctance to set up a Paypal account.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 11:59:11 PM »

Yeah, I noticed this.  A lot of sites seem to be doing this.  I suspect they're doing this in order to cut down on the costs involved with customer service.
Jim's right, it appears to be a cost-cutting trend.
I don't think it's so much a cost-cutting trend, as a throat-cutting.  Beware the cutthroats.  Beware the cutthroats.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:04:29 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 09:13:17 AM »

Anyway, I've never had a buyer not pay for his stuff.  Delays sometimes, but refusal to pay, never.

My dad actually ran into a problem like that in the past.  I don't remember all of it, but dad never sent the item since the guy never paid for it.

I occasionally use EBay, but only through my dad, so I never noticed.  He has an account and paypal, so when I want to get something off the site, I have to go through him and see if it is okay.  Currently, I have 2 DVDs on the way, with one coming all the way from Great Britian!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anybody notice how EBAY insulates buyers from sellers & themselves from YOU??? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.