Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:09:37 PM
713354 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I actually hate it when I can't go anywhere...... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I actually hate it when I can't go anywhere......  (Read 2402 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 16, 2010, 08:44:15 AM »

Usually this time of the year I travel to Bloemfontein which is approximately 300 miles south of here and screen films at the Volksblad Arts Festival which you can find at www.volksbladfees.co.za. This is also when Brother Cheezeflix wishes me and my native bearers  Wink a safe journey across the crocodile infested Vaal River. I keep trying to tell him that we actually have motorized transport here and that there is a tarred road across the bridge, but I cannot convince him otherwise.   Buggedout

Unfortunately, one of the festival's main sponsors pulled out and it just so happens that this sponsor controls the purse for the film festival so I wasn't able to go this year. It's sad really: I liked doing it.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 09:16:23 AM »

Usually this time of the year I travel to Bloemfontein which is approximately 300 miles south of here and screen films at the Volksblad Arts Festival which you can find at www.volksbladfees.co.za. This is also when Brother Cheezeflix wishes me and my native bearers  Wink a safe journey across the crocodile infested Vaal River. I keep trying to tell him that we actually have motorized transport here and that there is a tarred road across the bridge, but I cannot convince him otherwise.   Buggedout

Unfortunately, one of the festival's main sponsors pulled out and it just so happens that this sponsor controls the purse for the film festival so I wasn't able to go this year. It's sad really: I liked doing it.  Thumbup

You know, Trevor, you like to say that SA is not all crocodiles in the rivers and lions walking the streets, but I wonder if you're just pulling our leg. Just how many lions did you see on the street when you got up this morning? Be straight with me, man.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 09:58:55 AM »

You know, Trevor, you like to say that SA is not all crocodiles in the rivers and lions walking the streets, but I wonder if you're just pulling our leg. Just how many lions did you see on the street when you got up this morning? Be straight with me, man.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

No lions, but there was a lot of growling to be heard, most of which came from my stomach because I didn't have breakfast this morning.  Wink

Skull
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 01:24:36 PM »

LOL

Just recently I've seen Ghost Son (2006) by Lamberto Bava (filmed in South Africa) and the place was crawling with wild animals...

Actually South Africa looks like a cool place to be, you could walk the streets and pet a giraffe or get eaten by a crocodile... much more interesting then living in Chicago... although after getting eaten by the 10th Mosquito I'll be singing a different song... :)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »

OK Trevor... How do you explain THIS:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100727/ap_on_fe_st/af_south_africa_tiger_escape

Tiger on the loose in South African neighborhood
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 01:53:55 AM »

OK Trevor... How do you explain THIS:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100727/ap_on_fe_st/af_south_africa_tiger_escape

Tiger on the loose in South African neighborhood
-Ed

Buggedout Buggedout Yikes.......

This story is big on the news here: I hope they find this poor kitty cat soon.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 06:53:50 AM »

That's nothing Trevor;  as everybody knows, us Americans carry sidearms and have quick-draw contests in the streets each day  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 07:07:46 AM »

That's nothing Trevor;  as everybody knows, us Americans carry sidearms and have quick-draw contests in the streets each day  TeddyR

Buggedout Y-Y-y-you mean you guys don't do that?   Wink

Skull
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 05:00:04 PM »

Correction... except in Chicago... King Daley keeps saying "no!" Although the criminals (the gangs) do have their guns... 9 people were shot over the weekend... Gee I think I can deal with a roaming Tiger then street punks that hold the weapon sideways because it looks cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I actually hate it when I can't go anywhere...... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.