Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:27:56 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Cupcake backlash starts here « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Cupcake backlash starts here  (Read 1814 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 17, 2010, 12:38:03 PM »

Has anyone seen these places? They sell fancy cupcakes for like 4 dollars. You could get them for a fraction of that at the supermarket.  or just get hostesseseses. Someone got me one, it was okay but it was dumb.

Boom era junk in the middle of a recession fail
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 07:33:50 PM »

My sister in law went to a place out in NY and bought one for me.  It was good but nothing I couldn't get out a supermarket in a 6 pack. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 05:23:51 PM »

Aw!  I like fancy cupcakes!

Most places are rip-offs though.  Their stuff isn't special and they charge a fortune.  There's this one place called Sweet Mandy Bs that all the girls are crazy about. They aren't fancy or cute, they look like a 5 year old made them and they taste just like homemade Duncan Hines cupcakes, which is good, but I know I can make 2 dozen at home for the price of one.  I like Swirlz cupcakes because they actually are better than I could make at home, even from scratch, and I'm darn good, and they smell nice and look clean and are just a little fancy but not too fancy to eat.

Grocery Store cupcakes are crappy, they're dense, hard, sticky and they taste like powdered sugar.  I can poop better quality baked goods. 
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 09:25:46 PM »

I can poop better quality baked goods. 

With sprinkles?   BounceGiggle
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 10:28:32 PM »

Some people like cupcakes better. I for one care less for them!

Small | Large

-Jimmybob

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 01:44:12 PM »

I was walking by the place and this girl turned to her boyfriend and was like "isn't that cute". I didn' thear what he said but he had this look on his face that said "There are 5 trillion things I care about more than a "cute" cupcake store"
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 11:31:09 PM »

Muffins are cheaper and better  Wink

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 09:05:51 PM »

Two muffins are in an oven.  The first muffin says to the second muffin: "Boy!  It's HOT in here!!"  The second muffin says: "Ohmigod!!  A talking muffin!!" 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »

There are two places around here that sell those expensive cupcakes. I give them a free pass, though, since they both started out as high-end bakeries that specialized in customized cakes and continue to make cakes as their primary business. One of them has frequent sales on the cupcakes, so instead of paying $4 you pay $2 for a cupcake that definitely tastes and looks better than the stuff you get in grocery stores.

As for places that sell cupcakes alone...I only excuse their existence if they make a decent latte that isn't as overpriced as the cupcakes.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 09:37:36 PM »

Sheesh, for 4$ you can buy a box of cake mix, a container of cupcake papers, a disposable cupcake tray, a small can of frosting and go home to make a dozen or more cupcakes.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Cupcake backlash starts here « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.