Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:00:41 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Annoying Stereotypes « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Annoying Stereotypes  (Read 9664 times)
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 19, 2010, 09:54:15 AM »

There's tons of 'em out there, but what particular ones can you personnally not stand?

With me, there are two:

Firstly (and not surprisingly) are the endless stereotypes of Heavy Metal. I'm sick of constantley hearing people say that it's "Satan's Music", that it takes no talent to play (any one who's tried to learn a Death Metal song knows how idiotic that statement is),
that it's all just screaming with fast guitars (that one really p**ses me off) and most of all: that all bands work for the devil and are trying to brainwash society (again, complete and utter BS).

Secondly, as a religious person, I'm annoyed with every stereotype and false accusation on the Christian religion. I've heard just about everything: that the church only exists to brainwash people, that every christian is an intolerant and condemning a-hole, that all priests are pedophiles, the list goes on. Most of these accusations are from athiests and sometimes followers of a certain pagan sector. Clearly they think just because one group is like this or one person commited a terrible act that all christians are like this. Again, a total load of crap.

So which stereotypes annoy you the most?
3mnkids

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:34:07 AM »

That redheads have tempers....oh, wait.  TeddyR 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:12:52 AM »

That all Polish people are dumb.    I find it odd how how you can't tell a joke about a black, Chinese or Jewish person without getting a "racist" label thrown at you but everyone can enjoy a good Polish joke.

I mean don't get me wrong, I've had a few relatives that are true "Pollocks".  That and at least the Polish can laugh at the jokes but honestly, if we can take the joke the rest of the ethnicities should too about their stereotypes.  

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Skull
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:34:58 AM »

That all Polish people are dumb.    I find it odd how how you can't tell a joke about a black, Chinese or Jewish person without getting a "racist" label thrown at you but everyone can enjoy a good Polish joke.

I mean don't get me wrong, I've had a few relatives that are true "Pollocks".  That and at least the Polish can laugh at the jokes but honestly, if we can take the joke the rest of the ethnicities should too about their stereotypes.  

lol... Polish jokes are funny because Polish people in general are funny!!! (I'm part polish too!although I'm part also part Lithuanian... and there isnt anything funny about Lithuanians)
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 11:51:10 AM »

Thumbup I'm Polish and Italian ... double whammy of jokes!

Hold onto your dreams ....
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »

The Irish are the same, my friend. Nobody cares about Irish stereotypes, or joking about them. Truth be told, most Irish don't care much about the stereotypes, and are quite comfortable making fun of themselves and everyone else, preferrably over a drink.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 02:35:47 PM »

Speaking as someone with ADHD & Aspergers', I am just plain sick of being portrayed as someone who walks around with their head down, twiddling his thumbs, & talks like a four year old.

And that mantra, "jobs Americans aren't willing to do" really makes my blood boil.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Skull
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 02:57:10 PM »

And that mantra, "jobs Americans aren't willing to do" really makes my blood boil.

lol... It's really... Job That American's Cannot Legally Do, that's because those jobs are either below Minimum Wage and/or unprotective for the workers... It's going to be funny once the Illegal Immigrants become American Citizens and then they have to quit their jobs...

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 06:47:24 PM »

lol... Polish jokes are funny because Polish people in general are funny!!! (I'm part polish too!although I'm part also part Lithuanian... and there isnt anything funny about Lithuanians)
And Lithuanians are the most beautiful people on the planet.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 06:54:31 PM »

I thought I was the most beautiful person on the planet . . . . Bluesad

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 07:43:35 PM »

To many ladies out there...(none of which I'm sure reside on this board btw  TeddyR)

1.) Not all men are "stupid".
2.) Many men are "good"  for other things beside lifting something heavy.
3.) Men do in fact think of other things besides sex.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 09:41:01 AM »

To many ladies out there...(none of which I'm sure reside on this board btw  TeddyR)

2.) Many men are "good"  for other things beside lifting something heavy.

Those are the breaks. While the three points you bring up are true, unfortunately it's a case of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." The men that are stupid, are useful for little more than sperm donor or lifting heavy objects, or think of nothing but sex, also make the most noise, therefore they get the most attention.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 12:29:39 PM »

hi
My son has a condition called Lissencephaly and cannot talk amongst other things.I am constantly amused and annoyed at the number of people who decide that shouting towards him will help him to better communicate.He is not deaf!

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 12:30:53 PM »

To many ladies out there...(none of which I'm sure reside on this board btw  TeddyR)

2.) Many men are "good"  for other things beside lifting something heavy.

Remember, even the female of the species like to mark their territory.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 12:53:58 PM »

One stereotype I hate is 'children in restaurants always misbehave.'

We've had people seated next to us get up and leave, or move tables, when they realized they were next to a FAMILY (when the HELL did that become a Bad Thing (tm) in America?).  It makes me see red that they assume our children are the little hellions they think they are by prejudice.

We've had people come to us and say "we thought about moving, but didn't; just wanted to say your children are very well behaved."

We've also had quite a number of people comment to us how they behave at restaurants, even to the point of giving small trinkets to them as 'reward.'  No, these are not people we know...complete strangers doing something nice to reinforce positive behavior.

But, we still get the snide looks, mostly from older couples/groups who probably have been through it with their own children and now think that gives them license to be uppity.

On the other hand, our children are certainly not like this ALL the time - they CAN be the little hellions people presuppose they will be.  But in those cases, WE tend to leave for two main reasons.  (1) It's OUR JOB to handle it, not to ask everyone else to deal with it, (2) we don't want to reward bad behavior with the fun of eating out.

So, I guess part of what bugs me about this is that not only do some folks presuppose the little ones will misbehave, but they ALSO presuppose that I won't take care of it in a socially appropriate way.

Keep in mind, I'm not talking about 5 star dining establishments here...places like Ruby Tuesday and the like are not really the kind of place where anyone should hold really high expectations to 'atmosphere' anyway.

Oh well, rant off...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Annoying Stereotypes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.