Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:48:19 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Know Its Been Said Before But... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Know Its Been Said Before But...  (Read 1683 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: July 19, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »

I hate reality TV man.  Seriously, when will this horrid era of television end?  I mean I was there with many when the first wave hit and won't lie about enjoying some of it. I still watch Hell's Kitchen amongst a few other "reality" TV shows.

However, now they seem to throw a camera anywhere.  Do you do something highly uniteresting like make cupcakes for a living?  Cool, here's a show.  Do you have more kids than the average person should have?  Cool, here's a show.  Do you sell overpriced wedding dresses to a bunch of wannabe divas?  Cool, here's a show. 

If you're wondering, yes my wife watches these shows hence my current over-frustration with them.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:37:10 AM »

I like Hell's Kitchen too.

Look, it's not going to end. Yes, reality tv is a joke. However, think about how much less it costs to run a show like Hell's Kitchen than a fully produced show. Even with Hell's Kitchen spending good money on travel, all the treats for the "challenge winners," etc., it's still less to make. All the costs associated with writing, planning, shooting, reshooting, salaries for professional actors, plus a whole bunch of other costs I'm not even taking into consideration that are associated with a fully produced, scripted show, still ends up costing more. Plus, the studios don't have to deal with temperamental writers, or a main actor who might leave the show after two seasons because he/she became too famous and now they have no more show or have to start jumping the shark. Reality tv has far less of those headaches, and all they have to do each season is get a new slew of nobodies who will work for nothing but the chance to be famous for a few months.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 09:42:35 AM »

My wife watches Dancing with the Stars, Skating with the Stars, god knows what else.  It brings shame upon the entire family.  Unlike the stuff I watch  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 10:22:04 AM »

Most of the time I watch movies, but if I watch TV it's usually something like "How It's Made" or a show on the history channel.  I also watch "Whale Wars."  Would that show count as reality TV for you? 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:36:48 AM »

Do Survivor and The Amazing Race count?  I use to watch and enjoy them.  It was fun to see people compete against each other that wasn't a sport or game show in such a different location.  Plus, a learned a couple of fun facts about the locations where the show was.  Nowadays, the shows haven't done anything different or added anything on that could keep me watcing.

As for other reality shows, I couldn't less about them.  I don't care about watching some celebrity's life or 'supposed' life.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
3mnkids

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 11:02:11 AM »

In general, television is garbage. Absolute garbage. Reality shows that, not only show the worst of people, but somehow manage to applaud it. Big Brother and Survivor come to mind. Shows that reward people for being nasty individuals, Wife Swap and Bridezillas.

Shows about people who pop out kid after kid for attention, bounty hunters, fake repo men, and dog whisperers are ridiculous as well. "Talent" shows that are less about talent and more about how you look. ugh, I know, I've gone off topic and am b***hing about TV in general. Sorry, I cant help it.

eta~ housewives of....p**s me off and I wish they would stop showing the commercials.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:09:56 AM by 3mnkids » Logged

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 11:14:49 AM »

As for other reality shows, I couldn't less about them.  I don't care about watching some celebrity's life or 'supposed' life.

These in particular I'm really sick of (as I look to the right of my screen and see an ad for Gene Simmons Family Jewels  Lookingup).  Virtually out of work celebs who stick a camera in their house like Carnie Wilson. The theres some people who are famous for...well...nothing like the Kardashian although yes...Kim is hot. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 12:42:31 PM »

although yes...Kim is hot. 

Well, there you go.  There's their hook.  As long as you keep saying that, they know they've got a market.

How many people watch that show not because they care what she's doing or where, but just to watch HER (male and female)?

I probably would not recognize her or be able to pick her out of a set of pictures...don't care.  I've got enough "real life" going on right here to suit me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Cthulhu

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 07:40:33 AM »

In general, television is garbage. Absolute garbage. Reality shows that, not only show the worst of people, but somehow manage to applaud it.

I agree 100%. The are very few decent channels. Comedy central, and movie channels come to mind.

As for the reality shows: They must end. They must die.
Is it a problem that the only two solutions that come to my mind are " burn the producers" or "nuke them from orbit"?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Know Its Been Said Before But... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.