Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:58:56 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Marvel: Norton Won't Return As Hulk For 'Avengers' « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marvel: Norton Won't Return As Hulk For 'Avengers'  (Read 7300 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 12, 2010, 12:55:23 PM »

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.accesshollywood.com/marvel-norton-wont-return-hulk-avengers-nortons-rep-responds?nc

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in 'The Avengers,'" Feige told the site. "Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. 'The Avengers' demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

So, he's not a team player and doesn't work well with others is what im getting from that statement.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 01:08:21 PM »

Hulk and She Hulk are my favourite Marvel characters !
Hulk was what I was most looking forward to seeing in The Avengers, I'm glad he will still be in it even if he is played by someone else.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 09:53:23 AM »

Much as I love Norton as an actor, he does have a reputation for being really difficult to work with.  I liked him as Banner and it's too bad they'll have to recast Hulk - again - but at least they won't be writing him out of Avengers.

Here's Norton's response to this; it's quite classy actually:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=167684&id=101925766514531

"Hulk is bigger than all of us; that's why we love him, right?"  Right!  Smile

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 07:31:49 AM »

There have been rumors that Adrien Brody, Nathan Fillion, and even David Tennant  are being considered to replace Norton, but this one sounds like it's the real deal

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/17734/mark-ruffalo-is-the-new-hulk-

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 03:35:04 AM »

Mark Ruffalo is too goofy looking not nerdy this movie gonna be a bomb if they pick him.
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 05:43:28 AM »

Mark Ruffalo is too goofy looking not nerdy this movie gonna be a bomb if they pick him.

What's so goofy looking about him?  He's also a good actor and can play intense parts, as we've seen in Zodiac.  Ed Norton was pretty good, and I think they should have tried harder to keep him, but if he really is as difficult as they say, I can't blame them.  It could cause some nightmarish situations on a huge project like the Avengers.

In any case, I doubt Banner/Hulk will be one of the lead characters in the film.  He'll probably be tertiary to Iron Man/Captain America/Thor.  So, bad casting for Banner is unlikely to sink the film.

What I AM curious about is who the villain/s will be.  Skrulls?  The Grim Reaper?  Ultron?  Kang?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 05:46:27 AM by Jim H » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Marvel: Norton Won't Return As Hulk For 'Avengers' « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.