Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:33:00 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  A tough one « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A tough one  (Read 3019 times)
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 23, 2010, 07:52:43 PM »

Ok, this was a 1950's "COMMIES ARE EEEEVIL!!!" movie, black and white.

Main plot was that a student, I think he was a military cadet, get hoodwinked by the EEEVIL commies into becoming a commie. Later he realizes how EEEVIL the commies are, after some confrontation with his father, and is killed in a carwreck fighting his former comrades. He dies near his father, who he dies to save, I think.

At the end, a tape he'd made is played to his graduating military cadet class in where he denounces communism and himself and implores his classmates to fight communism until it's wiped out, because, of course, commies are EEEVIL and want to create a world where no toher system exists, unlike americans, who want to create a world where only....uh. never mind. Lookingup

Anyway, the actor playing the lead role was killed before filming was completed, but he'd done the end speech already so they redid the ending to have his character die, and then play his recorded confession, in a sickeningly melodramatic way involving a light, seemingly to come down from heaven, shine on the podium as his recording played.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 08:13:27 PM »

Sounds like typical 1950's Cold War fare.

However, before we get too cynical, let's remember that the two largest communist governments in the world - Red China and the USSR - murdered more of their own citizens in a single generation than perished in both World Wars combined.  Add in the death and misery they caused in the emerging nations, and the death toll of communism tops out at around 150 - 200 million.

It was evil.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 11:04:37 PM »

The film is MY SON JOHN (1952) and starred ROBERT WALKER SR. and HELEN HAYES.  It was WALKER's last film and he died during production; I think they used a double in some scenes to finish the film.  

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:07:40 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 07:55:36 PM »

The film is MY SON JOHN (1952) and starred ROBERT WALKER SR. and HELEN HAYES.  It was WALKER's last film and he died during production; I think they used a double in some scenes to finish the film.  

Sir, you are AMAZING!!!

PS why can't I post a link even when quoting? Do you need some sort of level to post links?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 08:17:17 PM »

Sir, you are AMAZING!!!

PS why can't I post a link even when quoting? Do you need some sort of level to post links?

Yes.  It used to require ten posts, now I think it may require even more (100?) because of more persistent spammers. 

Moving to "Solved." 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  A tough one « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.