Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:29:14 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movies you couldn't finish and why « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: movies you couldn't finish and why  (Read 23973 times)
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2010, 01:29:08 PM »

Count me in for Avatar.  I honestly gave it about an  half hour to an hour and gave up.  Its like Dances With Wolves with CGI that looks like a video game.

My dad basically forced me to watch it with him.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2010, 10:44:48 PM »

says the guy with the Howard the Duck avatar. awesome!

The man has some strong opinions on Cameron. That's his prerogative. I'm hit or miss, myself. I have a nostalgic fondness for both Aliens and the Terminator series, to be sure, but I totally agree with lester's assessment of Avatar, and I did not care for The Abyss, but then I have such a strong aversion of Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio that I'm not going to like ANYTHING she is in. Except for Scarface. She wasn't able to destroy that one. I don't know why she annoys me to the extent that she does, she just does.

And lester, your DVD collection being God-awful isn't much of a statement. It is a bad movies site after all, isn't it?  Cheers
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on the guy but I just always felt the output he's had is overblown and too praised, just cause of who he IS as opposed to the quality of film itself.  Terminator isn't that GREAT a movie when watched in retrospect, nostalgia or not.  Titanic could've been a hell of a lot better if it focused LESS on a the drawn out romance between DiCaprio and that chick. 

But, eh.  In retrospect, people can like what they want, it's all relative to people's tastes in flicks.  I just don't feel I should be b***hed at because I don't like something.  I'm not a sheep who likes to go with the flock.  I'd rather find my own way.  No offense to anyone who likes him, Lucas, Spielberg or anyone else.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2010, 11:09:23 PM »

Gees, people are really critical here about Avatar (And all over the Internet, which is really starting to annoy the hell out of me).  I have yet to see it (that surprises most everyone I tell) and I am actually interested in it.  Then again, my tastes are radically different then most of you (I actually like live action Cat in the Hat and Cool World and find Psycho to be very overrated), I'm not into bashing things because everyone seems to (Except with those guys who made Disaster Movie.  Screw them), and I do not have that problem with CGI a lot of people do.

Avatar not original huh?  Well I suppose, but then again, a lot of films aren't if you noticed.  Everyone loves The Hangover, but isn't it really similiar to say; Dude, Where's My Car?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2010, 11:20:28 PM »

Gees, people are really critical here about Avatar (And all over the Internet, which is really starting to annoy the hell out of me).  I have yet to see it (that surprises most everyone I tell) and I am actually interested in it.  Then again, my tastes are radically different then most of you (I actually like live action Cat in the Hat and Cool World and find Psycho to be very overrated), I'm not into bashing things because everyone seems to (Except with those guys who made Disaster Movie.  Screw them), and I do not have that problem with CGI a lot of people do.

Avatar not original huh?  Well I suppose, but then again, a lot of films aren't if you noticed.  Everyone loves The Hangover, but isn't it really similiar to say; Dude, Where's My Car?
FU*K the Hangover.  Unfunny overblown piece of sh*t cinema.  Never once in that two hour time frame did I even crack a smile.

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2010, 11:39:41 PM »

I saw part of Avatar and it wasn't horribly bad, but it was in no way as amazing as most people say it is. It just felt sort of bland. "Bland" is the best word I can think of. To be fair, I was watching on and off (it was on the bus ride on my senior field trip) and when I was not watching I was listening to music, but I still didn't really care for it. If you genuinely want to see it though, go for it! You seem to have an honest desire to see it, not just because it's "the big thing to do", so good for you! Let us know what you think.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
BTM

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2010, 10:30:14 PM »

I couldn't finish Raging Bull.  I like DeNerio, but his character in this one just really didn't interest me.  (shrugs)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2010, 10:31:14 PM »

The Fifth Element.

Not only was it long but I didn't like it.

Especially Chris Tucker. I thought I was going to die of aneurysm.  

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2010, 10:50:59 PM »

I liked AVATAR.  No, the plot wasn't original, but the action sequences were great and the CGI was impressive to say the least.  Certainly not one of the greatest movies of all time but good for what it was. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2010, 12:22:56 AM »

Except I could tolerate and enjoy The Hangover.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2010, 12:40:16 AM »

I liked AVATAR.  No, the plot wasn't original, but the action sequences were great and the CGI was impressive to say the least.  Certainly not one of the greatest movies of all time but good for what it was. 

Not to further derail this thread into more Avatar discussion, which it should really move on from, but I also liked it.

Yes, the story is trite and stupid. It's the typical Western fantasy, where some guy from a "superior" civilization finds himself in an aboriginal society. He eventually comes to understand the beauty of their way of life, but not before sleeping with the chief's daughter and eventually becoming their king. Real Rudyard Kipling stuff here. I'm Native American and I can tell you we hate to see stuff like this.

But, eh, stupid story, nothing I've overlooked before.

However, the technical artistry at work in Avatar was astounding. As far as I'm concerned, the synthesis of CGI and real film, combined with the exploration of the possibility of using 3-D as more than a gimmick has not been surpassed. Avatar may be a tech demo, but what a tech demo it is. Every scene in Avatar was an exploration of just how far they could push these new techniques.

Yes, Avatar was stupid, but if you can't appreciate the artistry at work here, I suggest you look with somebody else's eyes.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2010, 12:26:53 PM »

I dunno, the CGI wasn't that impressive to me in Avatar.  Matter of fact it felt very video game like once the humans were taken out of the film.  I've personally seen better graphics on Xbox 360. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »

Also all the special effects in the world can't save you if you can't build a sense of tension, excitement and intresting characters. Call me stupid, but stoytelling is more important than visual artistry*.

Avatar is very middle of the road.

*They were big and blue. They also had a tail. Thats it. Thats all they could come up with ? *yawn*

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2010, 12:11:44 PM »

I loved Avatar, mainly for it's anti imperialist politics. It was very moving.
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2010, 12:19:42 PM »

I dunno, the CGI wasn't that impressive to me in Avatar.  Matter of fact it felt very video game like once the humans were taken out of the film.  I've personally seen better graphics on Xbox 360. 

My reaction too, I could even seem the pixels and jaggies on the clothes in some shots!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2010, 10:04:14 PM »

The Hangover.  Dreadfully dull and unfunny.

I know everybody and their brother like it, and apparently it's 'hip' to like it.

I didn't laugh.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movies you couldn't finish and why « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.