Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:31 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movies you couldn't finish and why « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: movies you couldn't finish and why  (Read 23967 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 24, 2010, 10:46:08 AM »

last night I rented this movie "womens' prison" . no , not it wasn't an awesome womens prison movie, it was about an iranian wmens prison and was very 4 star and heralded  but I just culdn't handle it ona friday night and sent it back without watchng it.

There is one kind of movie I typically do not finish and that is Bollywood.  not only are these things 3 hours long, they are really the antithesis of my whole thing. I like Fatal Attraction, Closer and stuff like that and cannot relate to the saccharine storylines that are pretty muhc totally mandatory in Bollywood. I try, but it's like watching a whole season of saved by the bell or something.

be honest, what movies have you not been able to get through recently and why?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 12:16:42 PM »

I make it a point of honor to watch every movie I rent/buy to the end.  If it's horrible I may not pay much attention, but I'll at least leave it on, and celebrate when it's over.

The only movie that nearly defeated me was HEAVEN'S GATE.  I couldn't watch it in one sitting, and I had to turn it off halfway through to save my sanity.  The following night I forced myself to watch it to the end.  I won't have it said that Michael Cimino broke my spirit.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 12:20:42 PM »

Among Us (2004) - Described on Netflix as:  
"Budding filmmaker Billy D'Amato (Bob Dennis) wants his low-budget horror movie to be as realistic as possible. That's why he's brought his crew deep into the woods to try and get footage of a Bigfoot-like creature. But he soon realizes he's overstepped his bounds when he and his team become a lure for the dangerous creature; now, they must find their way out of there before they face up to the beast … and lose."

I didn't see anything like that.  You start out with some laughably stupid bigfoot attack, maybe it was footage from some other zero budget movie?  I dunno.  Then some guy (the filmmaker?) is being interviewed, prattling on about some crap, then he prattles some more and some more.  I don't know if it was supposed to be a mockumentary or what.  It took all my willpower to make it through a half hour of it, holding on to that desperately thin hope that it might eventually turn into an actual movie.  It's a Polonia brothers film, if that gives you some idea.

Dreamland (2007) - A couple of people I didn't like were driving down a road, near Area 51.  The car broke down or something and they started wandering around and hallucinating.  I hate movies where people are always hallucinating.  Considering the title, I imagine the whole stinkin' mess was a dream.  The girl saw Adolf Hitler walking around out in the desert - I guess it had some time travel aspect to it.  I didn't stick around long enough to find out.  It was just too stupid, pointelss, and I really didn't care what happened.  At all.  Somebody on Netflix called it a "poop bomb".
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:55:01 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 12:29:36 PM »

Good Chemistry~ A guy makes the mistake of picking up a couple of bad people.. a girl and her "boyfriend". I made it about 35 minutes and had to turn it off.  It was lame. The acting was laughable, the behavior by the main guy was stupid, and he had the most annoying voice.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Skull
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 12:41:21 PM »

So far the only movie I wasnt able to finish is Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006)... I wasnt in the mood to watch it. Story looked good but it also required my full attention, which I didnt have at the time.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 01:20:32 PM »

bought KILLSWITCH dvd the other day. Steven Segal, 2008. had to stop watching because the fight/action sequences employed that damn awful type of flick-screen editing that the Saw films used  in the 'trap' sequences. this gets on my nerves so much I'm not finishing it. only spent £2 on it second hand so no big loss really...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 01:22:27 PM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 03:19:17 PM »

rev powell- I do that too. soldier through movies.  sometimes I will turn it off at night. then go back the next morning and I'll be like this is okay.

bollywood movies are so long though. the first bollywood movie I ever saw "khudde gawa" I loved. I've seen a doezn since then and suffered through all of them for the most part.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 03:27:31 PM »

Uh, damn near any "Made by" the scifi channel movie...
ChaosTheory

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 05:53:50 PM »

So far the only movie I wasnt able to finish is Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006)... I wasnt in the mood to watch it. Story looked good but it also required my full attention, which I didnt have at the time.

Eh, you didn't miss that much really.  Better off just reading the book on that one.

Like Rev and lester I try to make it a point to soldier through on a movie, and I try not to rent anything that I don't really have an interest in seeing.  There's been a handful I never finished though, and ironically they are pretty well-regarded movies.
The Good Shepherd - Made it about 40 minutes in, despised all the characters, got bored, shut it off.
Cider House Rules - this one has the unique distinction of being the only movie that literally put me to sleep.  Never felt a need to revisit it.
Rented one recently, it had Liam Neeson and Antonio Banderas in it, I think it was called The Other Man or something like that, just couldn't stay interested and shut it off.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 07:14:18 PM »

Cathy's Curse.
The picture quality was just awful and distracting.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 09:21:05 PM »

Movies I couldn't finish ... pretty much almost any movie on the Syfy channel.

Why? Usually lame stories, bad acting, bad CGI ....   Lookingup

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 09:44:07 PM by Silverlady » Logged

Hold onto your dreams ....
claws
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 03:52:58 AM »

Let's just say I couldn't finish Return of the Boogeyman (1994) in one sitting. I watched the first half and had to turn it off because yeah, it's simply one of the worst ever made.
Two years later I watched the final half. If anybody is ever thinking about checking this movie out I suggest to do it the same way like I did.
Raffine

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 08:08:15 AM »

ZOMBIE TOWN on Chiller the other day. It started as an OK zombie genre flick with the somewhat unique premise of the zombification being caused by gruesome little slug-like parasites, but it quickly descended into a really stupid comedy. When the movie and I parted company the 'heroes' were in the 'party warehouse' randomly shooting people - zombie or not.

I had high hopes for that Chiller Channel (or whatever it called) when we first got it a month or so ago, but so far it seems pretty lousy to me, featuring mostly edited version of the lousy movies Comcast's On Demand offered for free.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 08:39:42 AM »

When I was in high school, I went to see THE GRIM REAPER and it scared me so bad I walked out!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 09:18:45 AM »

There's lots of movies I've started and couldn't finish. I have a 2 1/2 year old boy and a 2-month-old boy.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movies you couldn't finish and why « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.