Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:45:39 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movies you couldn't finish and why « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: movies you couldn't finish and why  (Read 23969 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 12:59:28 PM »

I caught about the first twenty minutes or so of THE CAT IN THE HAT the other day, which included about ten minutes of Mike Myer's uncomfortably weird performance. Was he supposed to be channelling both Bert Lahr and Jack haley from THE WIZARD OF OZ?

Anyhoo - that's about all I could take. I understand after getting a load of this the estate of Dr. Suess put the kibosh to any other live action versions of his works that didn't first get their complete approval.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Couchtr26

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 10:38:08 PM »

Alexander.  I could never finish it.  I remember Oliver Stone and his Americans can't deal with the subject matter that is why it didn't perform so well.  However, I could not have been more bored watching paint dry.  I probably would have cut my fingers if I had continued watching just for the sensation of something beyond boredom. 

Ah, the good old days.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 05:50:29 AM »

I force myself to watch every movie all the way to the end.  Sometimes a movie is so dull I need to watch it in 15 or 20 minute increments over a period of days or weeks to get all the way through it.  Recently I had to do this with Lucio Fulci's CONQUEST, which quickly zoomed into my top 5 worst movies of all time list.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 09:34:01 AM »

conquest was really terrible I agree
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 04:01:30 PM »

There was one movie I could not make it through.   Hatred  I can't remember the name now, but it was about the character that came over to the US.  He was some Iranian person that came to make it big (??).  Talked about making sexy with Pamela Anderson.  There was a scene where his chicken escaped on a subway.  I want to say Bruno, but I don't think this is it.  I rented this movie with my wife and I stopped it about ten minutes into the movie.  I sent it back to NetFlix.  I have seen horrible movies and made it through, but this was the braking point.  I will ask my wife what the movie is.

Later,

John
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:36:15 AM by JPickettIII » Logged

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 04:08:58 PM »

There was one movie I could not make it throug.   Hatred  I can't remember the name now, but it was about the character that came over to the US.  He was some Iranian person that came to make it big (??).  Talked about making sexy with Pamela Anderson.  There was a scene where his chicken escaped on a subway.  I want to say Bruno, but I don't think this is it.  I rented this movie with my wife and I stopped it about ten minutes into the movie.  I sent it back to NetFlix.  I have seen horrible movies and made it through, but this was the braking point.  I will ask my wife what the movie is.

Later,

John

BORAT.  Sorry you didn't like it, I loved it!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 07:07:45 PM »

There was one movie I could not make it throug.   Hatred  I can't remember the name now, but it was about the character that came over to the US.  He was some Iranian person that came to make it big (??).  Talked about making sexy with Pamela Anderson.  There was a scene where his chicken escaped on a subway.  I want to say Bruno, but I don't think this is it.  I rented this movie with my wife and I stopped it about ten minutes into the movie.  I sent it back to NetFlix.  I have seen horrible movies and made it through, but this was the braking point.  I will ask my wife what the movie is.

Later,

John

BORAT.  Sorry you didn't like it, I loved it!

I thought it was hilarious.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 11:28:20 PM »

I walked out of The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. I can't stand movies that try so hard to be "different".This movie was just crap in my opinion.

claws
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 01:01:04 AM »

I finally made it through Killing Birds (1987) last night. It was a chore and I thought I could never finish it but yeah, I did. I guess there is no movie I can't finish, no matter how awful.
Cthulhu

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 12:54:23 PM »

Hmm...I fast forwarded at the end of El Topo..does that count?
Why? Seriously, have you SEEN El Topo? I have SEEN it. I've got to KNOW it.
Since then, greater pains have come to be KNOWN by me, but that was a mind shattering experience. My sanity...it was gone.

I force myself to watch every movie all the way to the end.  Sometimes a movie is so dull I need to watch it in 15 or 20 minute increments over a period of days or weeks to get all the way through it.  Recently I had to do this with Lucio Fulci's CONQUEST, which quickly zoomed into my top 5 worst movies of all time list.
conquest was really terrible I agree
I've just got Conquest....a new contender for the worst movie I've ever seen?
Is it worse than Night of Horror?
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 11:18:38 PM »

I mentioned on another thread about leaving Billy Madison at the theater early.  I had to pee but I didn't go back.  Just dreadfully stupid.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 06:54:16 AM »

I only made it a half hour into Ghost Machine last night.  Some Irish film about people who swear constantly, aren't the least bit likable, and want to play some virtual reality military simulation game which will undoubtedly turn out bad.  I was just completely uninterested and I've seen that plot several times before.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
demon_dave
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »

I have fallen asleep 3 times during Armageddon...never gotten through that piece of crap. Beyond that the wife bought "two lovers" for $5 pre-viewed since it got some critical acclaim...both of us thought the movie should be ending soon at 48 minutes in...we haven't gotten back to it since.
Martin
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 06:11:46 AM »

Crocodile (1981)

I remeber watching it FFWD on video when I rented it but even then it was not over soon enough.
effects, acting, story :one worse than the other..
BTM

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 10:40:04 AM »

Years ago my parents and I were watching Gosford Park.  I gave it about thirty minutes or so, and then just went downstairs to my room and did something else.  It was just plain BORING.  The description said something about it being a murder mystery, but if you get a half hour into a film and no one's been killed yet, then there's not much murder to it.

I turned off Waking Life after about five minutes.  The film was boring as hell, and the animation style just gave me a damn headache.  

I watched part of Cruel Intentions, but turned it off soon as well.  Boy, douchebaggy people plotting to do douchebaggy things to other people, there's a plot for ya.  (Although I did watch a clip on the internet later of those two chicks kissing, that was pretty cool.)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:43:38 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movies you couldn't finish and why « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.