Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:13:37 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Trying to give away free DONNIE DARKO stuff, especially to UK folks... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trying to give away free DONNIE DARKO stuff, especially to UK folks...  (Read 4061 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: July 24, 2010, 01:35:48 PM »

Sorry, I always feel a bit guilty plugging my own site here on badmovies, but I'd like a little help giving away some free stuff. 

I'm running a contest this month and I have 1 DONNIE DARKO Blu-ray to give away to someone from the UK or Ireland, and 5 DONNIE DARKO posters to give away to people anywhere else in the world.

So far there is only one contestant for the Blu-ray (so you would have a 50% chance of winning it if only 1 of you enters).  There are exactly 5 requests for the poster, but 3 of them come from our own MofoRising!  So, if you've ever held a grudge against Mofo, here's your chance to steal a poster out from under his feet.

All you have to do to enter is make a comment on any movie post on the site, and then announce your intent to enter.  Details here.

Sorry about the plug, but I feel confident Andrew won't consider this spam.  More than anything I expected a much bigger response than I got, and I'm a tiny bit embarrassed.  I don't want the sponsor to think the low amount of entries means they made a mistake in selecting me to give away their free stuff.  So, take the free stuff and do me a favor! 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 05:02:03 PM »

Have you tried listing it at some of the sweepstakes sites? You should get at least a few hits from those. I visit your site   TeddyR  If members here dont enter you should try the sweep sites.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 05:11:19 PM »

I feel kinda bad.
I really don't like Donnie Darko.  Bluesad

The other Brits on this board might love it, though.  Smile

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 05:34:54 PM »

Just one week to go.  What are the "sweeps sites" you speak of, 3mn?  They allow you just to post contests?

I was just trying to give away free stuff, I never intended to make the D-man feel bad.   Bluesad

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »

I never intended to make the D-man feel bad.   Bluesad

I know.  Smile

D-man...
I think someones been hanging out with Jack... Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
3mnkids

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 06:19:12 PM »

Sweepstakes advantage~ http://www.sweepsadvantage.com/smf/latest-or-new-sweepstakes-b2.0/  link is for new sweepstakes listing.. You will need to register to post sweeps or I could let one of the editors know of it. I havent visited there in a long time but I would help ya out   TeddyR

Online sweepstakes~  http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82 also you need to register.. If you post the sweep list the rules, link to rules, and the specfics..Sweepstakes advantage list UK sweeps, online sweepstakes I dont think list them seperatly or even at all. But you could list the other part of the sweep.

There are many other sites but I dont visit them.  TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 01:05:35 AM »

Sorry to hear about the lack of replies, Rev.

By all means, folks, steal a poster from me by commenting on the reviews at 366 Weird Movies. Rev. Powell has created a haven for very intelligent criticism of some highly bizarre movies. In fact, there is an extremely well-written review of Big Man Japan to be found on the site. It's a cool site by a cool guy. And to think, I used to think Rev. Powell was only a crazed preacher tracking down children to get his hands on their money!

Heck, I was commenting on the reviews because the Rev. has a habit of looking under the same cinematic rocks I do. Check it out.

Then again, don't. I could really use three Donnie Darko posters. I could use them to consolidate my empire and live like a king!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 01:35:25 AM »

It's a cool site by a cool guy. And to think, I used to think Rev. Powell was only a crazed preacher tracking down children to get his hands on their money!

And then he got himself 'owned' by a tough cookie of an old lady.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 12:05:08 PM »

It's a cool site by a cool guy. And to think, I used to think Rev. Powell was only a crazed preacher tracking down children to get his hands on their money!

And then he got himself 'owned' by a tough cookie of an old lady.  Wink

Bad memories...  Wink

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 09:39:15 PM »

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 11:27:07 AM »

Ahem... still a couple of days left for some UK resident to get a 50% shot at the Blu-ray.  Also only 3/5 of the posters are spoken for.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Trying to give away free DONNIE DARKO stuff, especially to UK folks... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.