Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:53:52 PM
712921 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  View Is Bleaker Than Official Portrayal of War in Afghanistan « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: View Is Bleaker Than Official Portrayal of War in Afghanistan  (Read 2205 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: July 26, 2010, 02:21:59 PM »

View Is Bleaker Than Official Portrayal of War in Afghanistan
A six-year archive of classified military documents made public on Sunday offers an unvarnished, ground-level picture of the war in Afghanistan that is in many respects more grim than the official portrayal.

The secret documents, released on the Internet by an organization called WikiLeaks, are a daily diary of an American-led force often starved for resources and attention as it struggled against an insurgency that grew larger, better coordinated and more deadly each year.

The New York Times, the British newspaper The Guardian and the German magazine Der Spiegel were given access to the voluminous records several weeks ago on the condition that they not report on the material before Sunday.

The documents — some 92,000 reports spanning parts of two administrations from January 2004 through December 2009 — illustrate in mosaic detail why, after the United States has spent almost $300 billion on the war in Afghanistan, the Taliban are stronger than at any time since 2001...  

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/26/world/asia/26warlogs.html?no_interstitial

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »

I read a bunch of those today.  They were very depressing.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pennywise
Bad Movie Lover

The clown banned in 51 states!

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:37:05 AM »

I don't even have to read that report since I pay attention and retain information in my mind about past wars. Looks just like Vietnam really. The people we fight are poor, they live there without a central government that seems to work, they live off the land, and they have nothing to lose but their lives.

We have more to lose. We don't live anywhere near there so we have to ship our troops across the globe to fight there. We have to pay incredible amounts of money (billions every week) to keep the army there while our economy tanks and our money becomes more valueless around the world.

Our soldiers are probably trying to get money for college and wind up getting killed by poor insurgents. Families over here are separated for too long and are broken up by divorce and estrangement that makes the military money not worth it. Soldiers come back with bad psychological problems from being in a war zone for years.

The insurgents are not going to meet the U.S. on a battlefield because it's much more effective to bomb a marketplace and kill unarmed civilians to show that the American army I was misled to believe was invincible by G.I.Joe and such are quite ineffective. So we sent our army to fight a hidden enemy that operates out of the shadows in secret. I saw a news report where they were training Afghan soldiers and making them wear a U.S.-type uniform. Might as well have put a bullseye on it as well.

And at the end of it all no one seems to realize the most simple fact of all. No one would ever take our freedom away but us. All that Al Queda can do is kill me, but my freedom can not be taken away except by my government that puts cameras everywhere, can listen in on my phone calls, and can just do the things they want by changing the laws when they want.
Time to learn to live with more divides and scars from this war when it reaches its very bitter end. Maybe next time people will pay attention to history and remember something...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 01:39:53 AM by Pennywise » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  View Is Bleaker Than Official Portrayal of War in Afghanistan « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.