Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:20:10 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst 100 Movies of the 90's « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Worst 100 Movies of the 90's  (Read 26633 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: July 27, 2010, 09:16:37 AM »

We just had finished a best of list for the 90's, so why not take the time to recongize the worst films that came out during that decade?  Let's start of with what easily is the worst film from that decade:

1. Pocket Ninjas

There is no need to explain this film (Outside of the fact that this company also made Future War).  Let these clips answer why it is so bad:

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Skull
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 09:28:16 AM »

Hmmmmmm...

2.  Home Alone (1990)

Reguardless for being a "big box office hit" I still cannot believe:

a) the parents can forget 1 child... Forgetting a toothbrush, the keys or even your wallet isnt the same as forgetting a child.

b) two adults are that stupid.

c) The police are that helpless.

d) And the millions of movies that copied the HOME ALONE formula... from Problem Child to Phantom Menace (both movies should be included on the list)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:34:35 AM »

3. The Assassin/ Point of no Return (US/1993)

It's utterly pointless.
I saw a review and it said it was like watching Nikita being put through the washing machine and all the cool gritty bits where taken out to make a bland Hollywood flick.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Skull
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 09:49:41 AM »

3. The Assassin/ Point of no Return (US/1993)

It's utterly pointless.
I saw a review and it said it was like watching Nikita being put through the washing machine and all the cool gritty bits where taken out to make a bland Hollywood flick.

wow... such a good point! I've also seen Nikita first and thought Point of No Return might be better (at least Bridget Fonda looked sexy) but I've remember hating the film because it seemed too fake and in the end I didnt care for Fonda's character... La Femme Nikita seemed believable because Anne Parillaud really looked like she was addicted to crack and the assassination training also help clean her into a beautiful girl. It also made more sense to me because it was a French film and you could believe that the French could turn crackheads into assassins...

Great Pick!!!
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 05:22:25 PM »

4. The Legend of the Titanic (1999)

Saying that this movie is bad would be too nice or saying this movie was horrible would be a compliant.  This movie is pure s**t and it is simply the animated equal to Manos: The Hands of Fate.  If you don't believe me, read my review on it.  I back up my claims quite well:

http://informationgeekreviews.blogspot.com/2010/03/movie-review-legend-of-titanic.html

Hell, don't believe me still?  Watch the movie!

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 08:14:53 PM »

LOL that was a good review, infogeek!  Legend of the Titanic is almost Richard Kelly-ish in its awful weirdness.

5.) NORTH
The wasted talent on display in this movie is absolutely stunning, as is the horrific stereotypical attempts at humor.  It's hard to believe the same guy who directed The Princess Bride and When Harry Met Sally could have thought this was a good project.
Small | Large

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 11:09:50 PM »

The nutty professor. I think it was nothing but hate speech against overweight people and really no different that having a white actor put on blackface and act in a grossly offensive stereotypical manner. It was hate speech directed against an "acceptable" target.

Austin powers. A character called "fat bastard" is pretty hateful. I wonder how many overweight school kids had "fat bastard!" chanted at them by other kids because of that damn movie.

Eddie murphy and mike myers can both rot in hell, AFAIC.
Skull
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 07:04:40 AM »

The nutty professor. I think it was nothing but hate speech against overweight people and really no different that having a white actor put on blackface and act in a grossly offensive stereotypical manner. It was hate speech directed against an "acceptable" target.

Austin powers. A character called "fat bastard" is pretty hateful. I wonder how many overweight school kids had "fat bastard!" chanted at them by other kids because of that damn movie.

Eddie murphy and mike myers can both rot in hell, AFAIC.

lol... Phat Girlz (2006) is the worst movie about fat people... its a comedy that'll make you hang yourself before it gets to the ending (It's also on my top ten worst films ever made list)

Note: you need to place a number by the film title...

6. The nutty professor

Speaking of my top ten list of worst films ever made...

7. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)... A victim of the Home Alone syndrome... First I need to ask... Who is the target audience? It sure wasnt the Fans. (the movie was a slap in the face) and It sure wasnt the children (the politics goes over the heads of kids)... Who?

Second... Why was baby vader's mother still a slave? Really, Queen Amidala owes baby vader for the race, but most importantly... she owes him for SAVING HER PLANET FROM THE ARMY OF ROBOTS. Also it seems out of her character for not freeing baby vaders mother.

Do I need to talk about Jar Jar or that baby vader has made c3-po or the romance between baby vader and amidala...

There many things I can forgive in a "bad" movie but I cannot forgive a filmmaker that waited 20+ years to give a movie thats just crap!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:30:37 AM by Skull » Logged
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 10:32:22 AM »

Why?

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Skull
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 11:19:21 AM »

9. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope... Not the 1977 movie! But the 1997 digital remaster version with *Greedo Shooting first and Han walking over Jaba* wow...

The picture above expresses my feelings!

InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 11:44:43 AM »

9. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope... Not the 1977 movie! But the 1997 digital remaster version with *Greedo Shooting first and Han walking over Jaba* wow...

The picture above expresses my feelings!

Question  You are putting the digital remaster movie on this list just for that?  Sounds like you are an extremely big fanboy of Star Wars and if anything if done to the series you hold you high, you'll explode.

Besides, the film shouldn't count because even if some parts were changed and the film was remastered, the film first came out in the 70's and it is still a film from that decade no matter how they changed it.  It is like saying Beauty and the Beast is a 2010s era film because they are going to rerelease it into the theaters next year.

Finally, even with these small changes in the digital remaster edition, that is still a great film and doesn't even hold even candle in the amount of crap that this next film has.  Hell, if you thought Star Wars Episode I f****d up a franchise, you ain't see nothing:

10. Highlander 2: The Quickening

Small | Large

As an Internet reviewer pointed out, on the back of the VHS box it says that Highlander 2 is the smartest sci-fi movie since Blade Runner.  That makes me want to find that person who came up with that line and punch in the face.

Skull
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »

Question  You are putting the digital remaster movie on this list just for that?  Sounds like you are an extremely big fanboy of Star Wars and if anything if done to the series you hold you high, you'll explode.

lol... I'm calling it as I see it.

I'm against the idea of remastering any movie in such a way that alters the original content of the film. To me its a sick attempt to rewrite history. Especially when a movie has been considered High Historical Importance years before.

This has nothing to do about "fanboy."

It's kind of like somebody colorizing Raging Bull (1980) or Schindler's List (1993), or complying with PETA and removing the horse's head from The Godfather (1972), or adding a techno beat to the Wizards of Oz (1939).

Besides, the film shouldn't count because even if some parts were changed and the film was remastered, the film first came out in the 70's and it is still a film from that decade no matter how they changed it.  It is like saying Beauty and the Beast is a 2010s era film because they are going to rerelease it into the theaters next year.

If we are only talking about fixing the clearity of the film because of age I would agree. But the 1997 remaster version is a sick attempt to update the story so it would work with the prequels.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:19:55 PM by Skull » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 02:30:33 PM »

11. STRIPTEASE

Makes SHOWGIRLS look like CITIZEN KANE.  Demi's new rock-hard boobs look like they could put out an eye.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 02:35:06 PM »

11. STRIPTEASE

Makes SHOWGIRLS look like CITIZEN KANE.  Demi's new rock-hard boobs look like they could put out an eye.

This is one of my favourites. And not in an 'ironic' way. I really do like it and love the book too.  Bluesad
Please love this film like I do and ignore Demi's strange breasts. Actually, just ignore Demi altogether and you'll find a lot to like about this. I hope.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 02:39:56 PM »

11. STRIPTEASE

Since we are on the subject...

12. Showgirls

Small | Large

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst 100 Movies of the 90's « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.