Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:00:17 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  They're Back! Beavis and Butt-head returns to MTV, new episodes. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: They're Back! Beavis and Butt-head returns to MTV, new episodes.  (Read 17522 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: July 27, 2010, 09:25:33 PM »

New York Post article about the return.
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/they_re_back_PZVN8lcKHQYVIYx3xAJRtM

After 13 years of being away, and with a slight resurgence in popularity due to dvd sales and brief appearances at the MTV Awards and on Jackass, MTV has decided to re-team with Mike Judge to produce new episodes of Beavis and Butt-head.  It's also a backdoor way for them to return to showing at least some music videos, in the form of the boys making fun of them.

Dunno why, but it makes me happy.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 03:00:55 PM »

I Used To Like A Lot Of The Beavis And Butt-head Cartoons , And I Loved The Movie, I'm Glad They're Bringing It Back

It'll Be Better Than A LOT Of The Other Crap On Television

" Check It Out Butt-head! This Chick Has Three Boobs!"
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:55:27 PM »

Viva Beavis and Butthead. That's awesome.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
3mnkids

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 05:59:17 PM »

I watched a little bit of beavis and butt-head on netflix last night. I also watched some ren & stimpy   Thumbup 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:58:37 PM »

Ah brings me back to I think junior year in high school, the show would always be on at 6:00 AM before school and I'd catch it. I could care less about the little stories in between but loved how they ragged on the videos.  I was actually first in line to see the movie.  A fact I don't whether to be proud or ashamed of.  I'll have to catch some of the new episodes.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Paquita

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »

How did I miss this?!  This is the greatest news I've heard so far this year!  WHEN do they come back!? 
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 09:48:35 PM »

Here's an interesting take on the situation

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/dw/sn/26723-return-of-beavis-and-butthead

Personally, I'm ambivalent as to whether this is a good idea but I'd watch new episodes, just don't get MTV

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 09:49:25 PM »

How did I miss this?!  This is the greatest news I've heard so far this year!  WHEN do they come back!? 
Last I heard, an EXACT date hasn't been set.  However, negotiations happened earlier this year, and it was confirmed in June that Mike Judge and many of the writers would be returning and that it's gonna be the traditional hand drawn style of animation.  

From what I've read, the people at MTV are hoping to clear some room for a late spring/early summer set of shows.  So, if all goes well, it should be on in April/May.

Knowing MTV, they'd probably show a set of reruns and specials in anticipation of the re-launch, so if you start seeing a bunch of old stuff in the near future, that's why.

Paquita

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 10:34:30 PM »

From what I've read, the people at MTV are hoping to clear some room for a late spring/early summer set of shows.  So, if all goes well, it should be on in April/May.

Aw f it then!  By that time I'll be too old to care.

I'm so impatient.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 10:45:06 PM »

I heard the news and wanted it on immediately.

But considering the other s**t MTV has on, I can wait for Beavis and Butt-head.  It'll be a vast improvement.

spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 10:27:19 PM »

And now that Ed, Edd, n' Eddy is over, Danny Antonucci needs to jump on this band wagon and bring back "The Brother's Grunt"!

They already tried bringing back Celebrity Deathmatch, but it ended up being sadly lackluster. I think it deserves another shot just so we can see Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Kesha rip each other's fake vocal chords out.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 10:36:51 PM »

I remember one of the first videos that Beavis and Butthead ripped on was Grim Reaper's See You In Hell.  I remember Beavis yelling "stop in the name of all that does not suck!" when Steve Grimmett held the song's closing note for like 30 seconds.

I was never a Grim Reaper fan, but Steve Grimmett had an incredible voice, that's for sure.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 11:11:29 PM »

And now that Ed, Edd, n' Eddy is over, Danny Antonucci needs to jump on this band wagon and bring back "The Brother's Grunt"!

They already tried bringing back Celebrity Deathmatch, but it ended up being sadly lackluster. I think it deserves another shot just so we can see Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Kesha rip each other's fake vocal chords out.
One would argue that Celebrity Deathmatch was never all that great to begin with.  But yeah, I was disappointed when they brought it back, as I wanted it to be good. 

spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 11:58:21 AM »

One would argue that Celebrity Deathmatch was never all that great to begin with.  But yeah, I was disappointed when they brought it back, as I wanted it to be good. 

I was really into for awhile, at least when Marilyn Manson was on it and crushed the Spice Girls and the Hanson Bros.... Funny thing about that is I grew to enjoy the latter's music (for comedy and nostalgic purposes, I assure you) more than the former's, who, in my opinion, imploded in on himself. I was young and senseless violence was funny. Okay, it's still funny, but I do see your point, I just hate Lady Gaga.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 12:18:24 PM »

Fingers crossed for a Daria comeback...

B&B always got on my nevres even when I was younger.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  They're Back! Beavis and Butt-head returns to MTV, new episodes. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.