Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:03:17 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Flirty girls in the car next to me « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Flirty girls in the car next to me  (Read 5627 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 07:21:33 PM »

Yeah I think going over there would have likely made you seem "stalkerish"...even if you didn't at all intend that.

Believe in yourself first of all. Get yourself in order. I think the most attractive thing to women is men who are confident and comfortable with who they are, men who aren't afraid of rejection, who aren't afraid to laugh at a woman even if she's all out attractive, guys who won't suck up but truly well don't even seem to need a woman...or at least it might well appear that way...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 08:17:50 PM »

I don't know if I would have went over Mike.  Usually girls like that are just being silly and are probably thinking "I'll never see him again".   After all, they're in a car making gestures to you so it wasn't an easy getting to know you situation.  

I used to suffer at times what you are going through.  I've honestly become relaxed around women since getting married.  This is simply because what they hell do I have to lose if I get the snubbed from some girl I strike up a conversation with.  I can tell her to "go screw" and have a good laugh.  Either that or I can make a new friend.  

I guess what I'm getting at is this;  don't be on the lookout for Mrs. Right all the time.  Also, don't be afraid of being snubbed but in the right situation.  In a lifetime of crap people throw your way, what's one more piece to step over?  Talk to women, be confident but avoid being annoying and...for lack of a better term...creepy.  Being subtle often goes a long way.  Keep in mind there is a fine line between being playfully flirtatious and being an all out annoying douchebag.  Then again, a lot of douchebags get attention.  The bimbos who fall for this aren't worth wasting time on.  
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:21:11 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 10:21:31 PM »

Don’t be too hard on yourself!  Just take it as a learning experience.  Regardless of the outcome, I think it would have been good for you to go over and say hello to the ladies.  I doubt anything would have come out of it, as girls in packs usually aren’t looking for anymore friends, but I think it would have helped you overcome your apprehension.   As for coming off “stalkerish”, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.  Stalkers and creeps usually only follow girls that are alone (at least that's my experience).   However, no offense, but just from what I know of your admitted inabilities socializing with women, you probably wouldn’t have come off as very suave, and the conversation would have been awkward, and you very well would have been teased.. but there’s always a chance a girl will find your awkwardness endearing and be more drawn to you (I know I would).  On the other hand, most girls are aware of how hesitant men (sober men, that aren’t mental or being encouraged by a group of friends) are of confronting them, and they may have been impressed by your boldness.

At least next time you encounter a gaggle of giggly gals, you’ll know from this instance that you’ll regret NOT talking to them, and will be more likely to approach them and see what happens.. baby steps!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 10:58:20 PM »

There you go. Paquita's right.  What's the harm in responding to an overture?  Ulthar also suggests going for it.  I used to love it when that would happen in a drive-by encounter.  You have nothing to lose, except possibly a bit of self esteem, and let me tell you, with hindsight, that is so-not-important. 
Just don't be a creep; rise above and realize nothing is invested but a few moments.  Next time, go for it. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
dean

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 05:27:00 AM »

I think the "trick," if there is one, is to not become invested in the encounter (phone numbers, emails, love-of-your life, etc, or even ANYTHING), and just view as living in the moment.  If you don't "want" anything out of it, you won't be disappointed.  If you are not "fearing" disappointment, you are more relaxed and give off more positive "vibes" and body language.

I very much agree with that above statement.   Relaxing and not putting to much on the outcome is some of the best advice I've had.  I've found that once I stopped worrying, I loosened up and people started getting more interested in me too, as friends or even more.

Back to the initial encounter, whilst I still think that nothing would have come from it, and I'd personally treat it like a fun moment in time and move on, I also wouldn't tell you to not go and chat if you felt like it: sometimes random encounters can lead to some fun adventures!

Like AHD said: just don't be a creep and you'll be ok!  Wink

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 06:10:57 AM »

I'm waiting for someone to post a topic titled "FILTHY girls in the car next to me . . ."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 07:53:49 AM »

Believe in yourself first of all. Get yourself in order. I think the most attractive thing to women is men who are confident and comfortable with who they are, men who aren't afraid of rejection, who aren't afraid to laugh at a woman even if she's all out attractive, guys who won't suck up but truly well don't even seem to need a woman...or at least it might well appear that way...

This is key IMO.  Confidence in this context is not being bold in your approach; it is being comfortable with who you are.  Too many guys think 'confidence' means getting a bit too agressive.  As others have said: don't invest too much in the encounter - no matter what course you pursue.  THAT speaks of confidence.   Wink

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 08:38:13 AM »

I'm waiting for someone to post a topic titled "FILTHY girls in the car next to me . . ."

I got flashed by a girl in another car about 5 years ago.  Does that count?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 04:13:57 PM »

I got flashed by a girl in another car about 5 years ago.  Does that count?

Now we're getting somewhere!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 10:35:34 PM »

Hey! this same exact thing sorta happened to me but I was in the passengers seat. I think the girls might go to my school i'm not sure. I couldn't of done anything and I knew they we're just screwing around. oh and I read it as filthy too. BounceGiggle

WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 11:00:01 PM »

Hard to tell in this situation, we (men) are always finding ourselves here.  It actually does get a little easier in some ways after your married to talk with be social with women because there is no longer any expectations.
In this situation I would look at what you encountered, giggly college aged girls are flirting with you almost certainly on dares from eachother.  I don't mean to say you aren't worth blowing a kiss at, but just picturing the scene of girls in a car at night likely off to movie/mall/concert/etc.  They are the characters in this story ("hey Jenna, I dare you to blow a kiss at that guy over there") you're the "that guy" in this story, nothing but a target of a dare.  Also picture, if you went to that car, what would you say?  "Thanks for blowing me a kiss? and umm......... hi?"  There's nowhere to really start a conversation since you're to them just a "that guy", especially with a group of girls ("Harry Potter" was right on this one, women in packs are hard to approach).  In the end I say you did the right thing, just go to work and make money.  This is a more productive use of your time.
If your looking for "the one" I would suggest to stick to girls you "know-ish" not necessarily girls you know but those kindof on the periphery of your life.  examples: My wife was a friend of my college room-mate, my best friend (a famer with what he would admit are absolutely zero social skills around women) married a woman who worked for a seed company that he regularly bought seed from.  There's going to be a woman you see every day, but don't ever really think about and she is the one you should be talking to, not the random giggly girls in a car.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Flirty girls in the car next to me « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.