Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:50:26 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  10 Worst Comic Book movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 10 Worst Comic Book movies  (Read 10741 times)
Skull
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2010, 07:22:40 AM »

I've never seen TANK GIRL, but I heard it was pretty bad.

You must see it retro; it's a fun movie!

So what makes a movie based on a comic book 'bad': is it bad if it fails to be a true representation of the comic, or is it bad if it is simply a bad movie?  I have no idea what Tank Girl was like in print, but the movie in itself was enjoyable.

I totally agree that the movie needs to fail the representation of the comic to be totally bad. The reason why I chose Superman (1978) although its a good story it doesnt represent the comic character of superman... (unless there was a story of him able to reverse time by turning the world backwards). Second I place big budget films and strong actors at a higher standard because they have *no excuse* to fail... The reason why I didnt pick STEEL is because the main character is Shaquille O'Neal (a basketball player) so I dont expect him to know how to act nor do I expect the movie to be good at the first place.

As for TANK GIRL...

Small | Large

I find it a joy to watch and Lori Petty actually does a good job in playing the comic book character.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010, 08:07:40 AM »

The character of Superman was correct in my book.
Yeah, the end was stupid, but that iasn't going to taint the whole film ! That was just lame resolution to the story, it was also not intended for the first film.

The character was fine. Superman didn't kill people, he wasn't violent, sweary, sexist, racist. He still came from Krypton, he was honest and just a nice, humble guy.

Anyway, he could fly Super-fast around rthe Earth if he wanted ! That is something he could do ! Time going backwards because of it is a fantasy element and no reflection on Superman's character.

Watch the Judge Dredd film if you want to see a character that has nothing to do with its comic counter-part. Dredd gets fired 20 mins into the film ! He's not even a Judge anymore ! At least Superman is Superman for the whole film, not just the opening !!!

I like the Dredd film as a film, but as an adaptation, it has to be the worst. Superman got pretty much everything right.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Skull
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 06:55:51 PM »

Yeah, the end was stupid, but that iasn't going to taint the whole film ! That was just lame resolution to the story, it was also not intended for the first film.

The character was fine. Superman didn't kill people, he wasn't violent, sweary, sexist, racist. He still came from Krypton, he was honest and just a nice, humble guy.

Anyway, he could fly Super-fast around rthe Earth if he wanted ! That is something he could do ! Time going backwards because of it is a fantasy element and no reflection on Superman's character.

Watch the Judge Dredd film if you want to see a character that has nothing to do with its comic counter-part. Dredd gets fired 20 mins into the film ! He's not even a Judge anymore ! At least Superman is Superman for the whole film, not just the opening !!!

I like the Dredd film as a film, but as an adaptation, it has to be the worst. Superman got pretty much everything right.

lol... I've thought it was stupid when I seen the movie in the show (I was 8 years old in 1978) and I still think the idea was too stupid for a BIG BUDGET FILM.

For Judge Dredd this was a mistake on Walt Disney for looking for a "face" actor and Sylvester Stallone for not knowing who is Judge Dredd. Although, the movie was entertaining and the action/violence was great... especially since it was rated R... Also he didnt do anything silly like turning the world backwards to reverse time.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »

lol... I've thought it was stupid when I seen the movie in the show (I was 8 years old in 1978) and I still think the idea was too stupid for a BIG BUDGET FILM.

For Judge Dredd this was a mistake on Walt Disney for looking for a "face" actor and Sylvester Stallone for not knowing who is Judge Dredd. Although, the movie was entertaining and the action/violence was great... especially since it was rated R... Also he didnt do anything silly like turning the world backwards to reverse time.

But the idea doesn't reflect the character of Superman. He still is Superman.

Dredd wasn't Dredd.

Dredd didn't do anything silly ?
I knew you'd say that.  They gave him a silly catchphrase !

They gave him a love intrest ! Judges don't have partners... They're married to the Law !

They gave him a face ! Something thats NEVER happened !!!!!

Worst of all, they gave him Rob Schneider !

There was even a trial in the film ! The whole point of Judges is that they abolished trials, they're supposed to act with instant justice ! Which means no courtroom !!!!!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 07:48:34 PM »

Most of the Superman movies have a "aw c'mon" moment.  Like Skull mentioned, turning the earth back in time is really stupid.  If anything it would probably destroy the earth wouldn't it?  Also, even if it was possible, it would negate everything Superman had done prevoiusly wouldn't it?  Such as saving those kids on the bus falling off the Golden Gate Bridge.  Sigh...I've proven again why time travel doesn't gell well with me. 

Superman 2's  mind erasing kiss was another really big WTF moment for me. The movie was great until that moment. 

Supes 3 and 4 had too many to mention.   Though I will admit I have a soft spot for all the films in the series.  I won't stand on a platform and defend them though. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Skull
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 12:52:25 AM »

The DarkSider ~ lol I'm willing to forgive the memory-loss kiss in part 2 because I really like the evil supervillains, also its not like spinning the earth backwards. Although, I think part 3 was silly, I really liked Richard Pryor [although I called it Richard Pryor vs Superman movie] also... his computer hacking skills base upon the 1/2 cent is an eye opener.

Doggett ~ Yes Judge Dredd isnt Judge Dredd and neither was Batman (1989)... gee he killed the Joker and had sex with Vicki Vale, but we forgive that movie becaues it was "good."

Like I'd said, Hollywood typically reinvents the comicbook characters [almost every comic book movie character has something not relating to the original comic book] so Judge Dredd walking around without his helmt isnt much different then Batman screwing around...
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 02:45:36 AM »

There's a lot for me to comment on here. But that would take actual work on my part, which I am loath to do.

So, Rev. Powell, you should watch Supergirl. I haven't seen it since it came out 25 years ago, when I did watch it in the theater. I don't remember it being very good. But here's the reason you should watch it:

Helen Slater does not have an acting career anymore, and she has been in a lot of very bad movies. I'm still pretty sure I would watch anything with Helen Slater in that outfit.

Then again, she's no Lynda Carter. Lynda Carter dressed as Wonder Woman is pretty much an open invitation to my wallet.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2010, 03:13:20 AM »

Most of the Superman movies have a "aw c'mon" moment.  Like Skull mentioned, turning the earth back in time is really stupid.  If anything it would probably destroy the earth wouldn't it?  Also, even if it was possible, it would negate everything Superman had done prevoiusly wouldn't it?  Such as saving those kids on the bus falling off the Golden Gate Bridge.  Sigh...I've proven again why time travel doesn't gell well with me.  

Superman 2's  mind erasing kiss was another really big WTF moment for me. The movie was great until that moment.  

Uh, yeah, except for people talking in vacuum on the moon, and the outlaws having some mystery finger ray power, and superman throwing some weird thing off his chest....

Really, compared to what they did to superman canon in S2, STM was very faithful.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 12:22:07 AM by judge death » Logged
Vik
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 09:06:25 AM »

Batman & Robin should definately have been #1
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 11:00:47 AM »

I totally agree that the movie needs to fail the representation of the comic to be totally bad.
So how does Blade and The Mask fit in with that?  Both were very good movies that totally changed the ideas and characters of the comics. 
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2010, 09:22:39 PM »

First off, the Dark Knight should be number ! Twirling I also hated Persepolis, I hate it as much as I hate Citizen Kane (So kill me if you have to!)

yeah no.
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2010, 09:35:53 PM »

There's a lot for me to comment on here. But that would take actual work on my part, which I am loath to do.

So, Rev. Powell, you should watch Supergirl. I haven't seen it since it came out 25 years ago, when I did watch it in the theater. I don't remember it being very good. But here's the reason you should watch it:

Ozzymandias speaks: That looks like TWO good reasons. Sorry, I had to do that joke.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  10 Worst Comic Book movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.