Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:19:00 AM
713385 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Musings and Daily Observations « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Musings and Daily Observations  (Read 5808 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 05:31:21 PM »

I also had once heard that the ACLU was trying to remove the phrase " A Real American Hero" from the G.I. Joe action figures and cartoon

I need to start collecting all the random things I've heard the ACLU is supposedly trying to do.  Especially when they're just things so obviously false - as if the ACLU, which focuses exclusively on civil rights violations, would try to interfere in a completely private business doing something unrelated to anything it has any interest in whatsoever.  I suspect this story morphed from the live action GI Joe movie, which made the Joes an international team.  People complained about this, and the people who complained about it were often of the sort who hate the ACLU. 

Another one: I should write down the list of things people blame Obama for he has absolutely no control over.  That's a gargantuan undertaking though.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 04:05:53 AM »

I also had once heard that the ACLU was trying to remove the phrase " A Real American Hero" from the G.I. Joe action figures and cartoon

I need to start collecting all the random things I've heard the ACLU is supposedly trying to do.  Especially when they're just things so obviously false - as if the ACLU, which focuses exclusively on civil rights violations, would try to interfere in a completely private business doing something unrelated to anything it has any interest in whatsoever.  I suspect this story morphed from the live action GI Joe movie, which made the Joes an international team.  People complained about this, and the people who complained about it were often of the sort who hate the ACLU. 

Another one: I should write down the list of things people blame Obama for he has absolutely no control over.  That's a gargantuan undertaking though.

I had actually heard this long before the GI-Joe movie. Apparently it came to nothing though so no harm, no foul.   Not really a fan of G.I. Joe's newer stuff, I was just saying what was a possible given the nature of the easily-offended PC folk today.

As to blaming Obama for things he can't control...I agree,
you'll definitely need a bigger boat for that one, good luck.

You could, however, start with the people on the fringe Left who always drag race into politics:  You know, the ones who say that you're a racist if you disagree with Obama on any issue, or if you defend curbing illegal immigration or oppose the Ground Zero mosque and youth center?

It's the ultimate cheap shot as far as I'm concerned, and all it does is make a bigger mess out of topics that are already extremely bitter and divisive on their own.

And as you say about the things about the ACLU being "so obviously false", so is the notion that racism is behind each and every issue whenever someone says no to Obama.    Just a thought.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 03:07:08 AM »

In my darker moments I wish the world would be like a zombie movie or a vampire movie where every day is a challenge to survive.  I'm sick of working for a living and I want to be able to sleep in every day and not have to worry about spreadsheets and budgets and dealing with office politics.  It would great to pick the best house in my neighbourhood and move in there and live like a rich person but without a mortgage.

I could also go to any store and take whatever I wanted to live in comfort and peace without having to deal with people.  Of course I want my partner to survive with me but that's about it.

The reason I think this way is because I'm bored I guess.  I have no challenges in my life.  Then I come back to reality and I'm glad we don't live in a world where zombies/vampires are rife.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Musings and Daily Observations « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.