Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:00:38 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Why do women keep taking back crappy ex boy friends « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why do women keep taking back crappy ex boy friends  (Read 9142 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 11:21:11 PM »

If anyone's interested in the counterpoint to this argument, you can check out http://www.heartless-b***hes.com/rants/niceguys/niceguys.shtml

I don't agree with everything she says here, but it makes for interesting reading.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »

I don't understand women at all.  Quite frankly, in my 26 years, I've gotten to the point where I pretty much sterotype them all as insecure shrews who only care about looks and status as opposed to having any kind of 'real' relationship with a person.  They contradict themselves all the time.  Frankly, I avoid any kind of solid discussion or conversation with them at all anymore.  Takes all the stress out of your life, honestly.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »

I really don't think all women are bad. Sure some are but certainly not all. My own girlfriend is a sweetheart. The women on this board seem to be some of the nicest and most honest ladies I've ever come across. I'm sure in the case of some of these so-called "nice guys", it's rather obvious to many women if said guy is sucking up with the praise and compliments just hoping to score attention, a date, a kiss, whatever or the guy who buys all the gifts - that these guys deep down have ulterior motives for taking said actions. In many cases, these fellows simply haven't found their place in the world and aren't secure enough yet in themselves to simply be themselves around women treating women as often unattainable objects of desire instead of as real human beings. Not saying all nice guys are like that either. It just seems to me that most guys who play at being too nice are often a bit phony or simply aren't comfortable enough around women to just be themselves.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 06:41:45 PM »

I married a nice guy.   Cheers
And we're all jealous of him.   Wink

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2010, 09:55:23 PM »

I really don't think all women are bad. Sure some are but certainly not all. My own girlfriend is a sweetheart. The women on this board seem to be some of the nicest and most honest ladies I've ever come across. I'm sure in the case of some of these so-called "nice guys", it's rather obvious to many women if said guy is sucking up with the praise and compliments just hoping to score attention, a date, a kiss, whatever or the guy who buys all the gifts - that these guys deep down have ulterior motives for taking said actions. In many cases, these fellows simply haven't found their place in the world and aren't secure enough yet in themselves to simply be themselves around women treating women as often unattainable objects of desire instead of as real human beings. Not saying all nice guys are like that either. It just seems to me that most guys who play at being too nice are often a bit phony or simply aren't comfortable enough around women to just be themselves.
I don't feel women are 'bad', so to speak.  Just completely irrational in their thinking, completely acting without thinking about what their actions are gonna do to the guy.  I'm not saying all 'nice guys' are completely innocent either. 

I know in my case, well, frankly, I wasn't particularly being phony or uncomfortable around women to be myself.  Frankly, I made the mistake of trusting people beyond a reasonable amount.  Frankly, I'm a a point where I don't trust ANYBODY, regardless.  I don't open up to anyone, because eventually, you wind up hurt.

Jim H

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 12:20:08 PM »

If anyone's interested in the counterpoint to this argument, you can check out http://www.heartless-b***hes.com/rants/niceguys/niceguys.shtml

I don't agree with everything she says here, but it makes for interesting reading.

She certainly has a point about the complaints from some "nice guys" I've known.  It still doesn't come close to excusing or explaining the many women I've seen who remain with men who treat them like garbage.  I've seen men in relationships with women who treat them like crap, but it rarely lasts that long - usually women who treat men that badly end up leaving them, actually.  And it doesn't happen nearly as often.

I think Newt pretty much hit the nail on the head on this one.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 04:20:17 PM »

Well I think sometimes too there's an issue of abuse leading to control with some women who stay with these bastards who treat them like garbage. I've known a couple of cases like that and in both, the woman was so run down by the dirtbag guy that she believed herself worthless and not capable of doing any better. Thankfully both women got out of it and ended up with decent guys. I know there are probably other threats being thrown at some of these unfortunate women too who are in a bad place and don't know how to get back out of it.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
3mnkids

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 04:37:53 PM »

Well I think sometimes too there's an issue of abuse leading to control with some women who stay with these bastards who treat them like garbage. I've known a couple of cases like that and in both, the woman was so run down by the dirtbag guy that she believed herself worthless and not capable of doing any better. Thankfully both women got out of it and ended up with decent guys. I know there are probably other threats being thrown at some of these unfortunate women too who are in a bad place and don't know how to get back out of it.

Exactly. The biggest danger to a woman in an abusive relationship is when she tries to leave.Not only are they physically and emotionally beat down but usually the husband/boyfriend will alienate her family and friends so she has no one but him. There are many reasons why some women stay in these relationships. Its not unusual for these women to come from abusive homes. Watching their father beat their mother does damage. For girls, they find someone just like dad. For boys, they become dad. Not all of course but it does happen.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2010, 06:45:54 PM »

My ex kicked me out in 2004 and never took me back, so  Wink

I hope you were at least able to take all your underpants with you . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2010, 06:51:59 PM »

He left them there as revenge...  Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 02:17:04 AM »

All I left her with was a bad smell and a bad impression.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 12:01:25 AM »

My aunt was in an abusive relationship.  None of my aunts or uncles knew for a while, but eventually, she had a kid, and the prick went after my 6 month old cousin, and broke my aunt's arm.  My relatives showed up in the middle of the afternoon with two trucks, threw her and my cousin in one, and threw all their clothes in the other, and got them out of there.  Nobody could figure out why she stayed, as the childhood was a relatively normal one, no abusive father or anything.  Sad thing is, a lot of women don't wisen up and get out, and there's stories where it ends very badly. 

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Why do women keep taking back crappy ex boy friends « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.