Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:20:18 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Obama: US to leave Iraq 'as promised, on schedule' « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama: US to leave Iraq 'as promised, on schedule'  (Read 3868 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: August 02, 2010, 01:51:13 PM »

Obama: US to leave Iraq 'as promised, on schedule' 

ATLANTA – President Barack Obama declared Monday that the Iraq war was nearing an end "as promised and on schedule," touting what he called a success of his administration though it comes amid persistent instability and uncertainty in Iraq.

Obama cited progress toward meeting his deadline of withdrawing all U.S. combat troops from Iraq by the end of this month. A transitional force of 50,000 troops will remain to train Iraqi security forces, conduct counterterrorism operations and provide security for ongoing U.S. civilian efforts. Under an agreement negotiated in 2008 with the Iraqis, all American troops are to be gone from Iraq by the end of next year.

"The hard truth is we have not seen the end of American sacrifice in Iraq," Obama said in a speech to the national convention of the Disabled American Veterans. "But make no mistake, our commitment in Iraq is changing — from a military effort led by our troops to a civilian effort led by our diplomats..." 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 04:40:07 PM »

I hope so. We will see. I do like some of the things Obama has done but im disappointed in what he hasn't done. Keep your word, Mr. President.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 05:03:01 PM »

"touting the success of his administration"

MAKES ME WANT TO RETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hatred

If Democrats in Congress had gotten their way, we would have abandoned Iraq to the terrorists and yanked all our troops out in 2006 so they could club GWB over the head with the war he "lost"!  Remember Harry Reid - "This war is lost, Mr. President!"  While our brave troops were fighting and dying in that desert hell to make sure it WASN'T lost!

Now they are bending over backwards to give Obama the credit for winning a war he opposed from the get-go.  The war in Iraq was won by the splendid valor and skill of our troops on the ground, by the brilliance and shrewd management of Gen. Petraeus, and by the guts of President George W. Bush, who recognized that what is right is not always popular and honored our commitment to make sure the Iraqi people remained free after Saddam was toppled.

It is sad to say, but there are many in Congress who would have preferred to see America lose a war than see a Republican President get credit for winning one. Did you notice how Cindy Sheehan and Code Pink vanished from sight the minute Obama won?  The Democrats used them to help take back Congress and the White House, then showed them the door the minute they were in power.

Hopefully history will give the credit for this victory to those who deserve it, not to those who are clamoring to claim it now.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
3mnkids

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »

Now I want to retch   TeddyR   the guts of President George W. Bush?

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 09:17:50 PM »

I fullly recognize that I am in a minority.

But I think he was and is an incredibly decent human being, far smarter than his critics gave him any credit for,  and one of the most politically courageous Presidents in modern history.

If this forum is still here in about 25 years, we will see how well history backs me up on that! Smile

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 09:31:33 PM »

I fullly recognize that I am in a minority.
He take short bus.   Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 11:59:43 AM »

I wouldn't be yahooin' too much about this.  What did we win?  We should never have been there to begin with, a point I won't debate. It's what I believe.  We're going to be there a very long time yet.  I just heard a piece on the radio this morning and it seems the State Dept. will be supported by civilian contractors for just about everything, which means 10's of thousands of civilians in harm's way. 

We have thousands of disabled, dead, and psychologically scared young men and women because of this, so go right ahead an argue over  who should have their backs patted for our victory. Obama, just finished what GWB started.  The Iraquis are the only ones who won anything from this stupidity and even that is left to be seen, it could all go to hell tomorrow. 

I just thank God that most of troops are coming home.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Obama: US to leave Iraq 'as promised, on schedule' « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.