Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:45:08 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BATMAN & ROBIN (1949) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BATMAN & ROBIN (1949)  (Read 2798 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 01, 2010, 05:49:08 PM »

I just finished watching this 15 chapter serial.  I'm writing about it here in the "Bad Movies" section because it's cheesy and silly.  But it's pretty entertaining, so it could be posted under "Good Movies."

Similar to the 1943 BATMAN serial (which I wrote about awhile back . . . you can find the comments in here if you search for them), the caped crusaders drive around in a regular car - - no budget for a Batmobile, I guess.

The plot involves Batman and Robin trying to capture a crook named "The Wizard," who wears a black cloak and mask and has a contraption that can use to remotely control machines (such as cars).  He can also zap himself with beams that turn him invisible (cue scenes of objects floating around on wires).

As silly as this is, it seems to be a slightly more polished production than the 1943 serial (for example, there are fewer continuity errors).  You may not want to sit through both of them, but I do suggest to watch at least one (for nostalgia's sake, dammit!)

** SPOILER**

I don't want to give away anything important, but the final chapter is titled "Batman Victorious" (as if you didn't know!)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ometiklan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 07:24:03 PM »

Both of these are alot of fun I enjoyed them as well. Smile
I recommend You catch The Mysterious Island serial as well if You have not already seen it.

And when he shall die
Take him and cut him into little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 05:53:42 AM »

Both of these are alot of fun I enjoyed them as well. Smile
I recommend You catch The Mysterious Island serial as well if You have not already seen it.

I haven't seen that one.  I have CAPTAIN MARVEL, which I hope to watch soon.  I watched the first couple of episodes a long time ago, but never got around to watching the entire serial.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Hammock Rider

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 08:53:26 AM »

I just got one of the Batman serials on Netflix along with The Phantom serial. I'll have to wait until the weekend to check them out but I'm glad someone else thinks the Batman serial was fun.
   I loved the Captain Marvel serial. The flying effects were pretty good for the day and all in all it's everything I could have hoped for in a serial.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
The Burgomaster

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 09:51:09 AM »

I just got one of the Batman serials on Netflix.

The earlier (1943) BATMAN serial I have is a pretty funny piece of World War II, anti-Japanese propoganda.  At one point, a character (I think it is Batman himself) encounters the villain and shouts, "A Jap!"

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:50:58 AM by The Burgomaster » Logged

judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 11:38:47 PM »

I just got one of the Batman serials on Netflix.

The earlier (1943) BATMAN serial I have is a pretty funny piece of World War II, anti-Japanese propoaganda.  At one point, a character (I think it is Batman himself) encounters the villain and shouts, "A Jap!"

Yeah, those terrible old racists of the great generation. Imagine them using an ethnic slur like that just because the japanese had attacked america without declaration of war, committed atrocities against the population of china and against all american and english civillians they captured in areas they invaded. raped women wholesale, kindapped thousands of korean girls and young women to be sex slaves for their military and used POWs as slave labor, many of whom died of starvation and disease, or by being beheaded by a katanna wielding japanese officer when they become too ill to continue slave labor.

Damn those bigoted old racists! We should deplore their existence and hang our heads in shame that most of us are descended from such racist scum.

BounceGiggle

As to the movie, at least the costumes didn;t have nipples molded on them... Lookingup
Hammock Rider

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 12:19:06 PM »

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BATMAN & ROBIN (1949) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.