Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:50:16 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disturbing Animated Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Disturbing Animated Movies  (Read 12491 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: August 04, 2010, 12:50:50 PM »

These are all movies around or below PG-13 that have some marketing towards kids in the past.  As such, more distrubing animated films that rate above PG-13 will not be seen here.  However, these are films that, while they may be good (I suppose, I haven't seen any of them), but are extremely freaky.  Curiously enough, two of those films are adapted from 2 books by the same author.  Who would of guessed!

Small | Large

I so knew Watership Down would be here!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 11:41:58 PM »

I don't know if it counts as "disturbing" but "Grave of the firefly" is so sad that anyone who can get thru it without shedding a tear must have no heart or soul.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 01:46:23 AM »

I don't know if it counts as "disturbing" but "Grave of the firefly" is so sad that anyone who can get thru it without shedding a tear must have no heart or soul.

Agreed. I've seen all the movies in that youtube video with the exception of Felidae the last one, and they are all exceptional. Wizards despite being PG was not really advertised towards children I remember that much. The animation might not hold up entirely and the rotoscoping effect has its detractors, but it is the one animated film that has stuck with me for decades now.

Both Watership Down and the Plague Dogs I remember from my youth, and have read the latter book by Richard Adams. Feel good movies of the year these are not, but are important in that they were made at all with such heady subject matter. During the '80s Disney was on the downswing and it seemed several other North American studios made up the slack with some quality productions. Fire and Ice, Starchaser: the Legend of Orin, Rock and Rule these were all good fantasy cartoons.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 01:08:22 PM »

I have seen The Secret of Nim (forgot the spelling) and I think I read Watership Down.  I remember the story line and rabbits.  Both great stories.  Not really for young kids.  The other movies were very interesting.  I want to see Wizards.  The dog and the cat movies are possibly a worth watching.  I will have to do this with out my kids.  Thanks for the video.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
ChaosTheory

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 02:38:45 PM »

That clip didn't show the creepiest part of NIMH: the laboratory scene, freaked me out as a kid.  I still liked the movie a lot though.  Smile  The others I don't think were actually made for children, despite the ratings. At least I'm pretty sure Wizards and Felidae weren't. 
I mentioned it in the worst kids movie thread, but the most disturbing for-kids flick I've seen would have to be the claymation Adventures of Mark Twain
Small | Large

The whole thing's like that, spliced together excerpts from Twains (mostly lesser known and more bitter late-in-life) work.
Dot and the Kangaroo was a kind of disturbing cartoon for kids too, though I don't remember it being graphic, just dark subject matter.  And if it weren't so deadly dull, Fantasia would be pretty disturbing, what with the dinosaur slaughter and Satan segments.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 10:23:12 PM »

Igor has some elements adults may find disturbing for their kids to watch. Same with a lot of the modern era DC direct to video Movie releases like Wonder Woman and some of the Batman films.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 10:59:45 PM »

THE SECRET OF NIMH(first film) is great, overlooked.  WATERSHIP DOWN, too.  FANTASTIC PLANET...?   

Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:03:37 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 02:26:46 AM »

THE SECRET OF NIMH(first film) is great, overlooked.  WATERSHIP DOWN, too.  FANTASTIC PLANET...?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgCxCZNkQ9E

What the ##!@?!?!?! Is that??!?! Did somebody watch too many monty python cartoons sketches and snort a whole barrel of LSD? BounceGiggle
Vik
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 09:40:27 AM »

I really wasn't saddened by that movie.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 12:08:24 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgCxCZNkQ9E

This looks amazing, I need to see this movie   Buggedout BounceGiggle

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 10:19:09 AM »

I think a lot of the late 70s animation had kind of a creepy style to it. I remember the Rankin-Bass Hobbit movie freaking me out as a kid. Sure it had maneating trolls and goblins and giant spiders and a dragon, but there was also something creepy in the style of it. The animation, the backgrounds, the way the faces were drawn, the whole feel of it bothered me at that age.
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 11:11:33 AM »

I think a lot of the late 70s animation had kind of a creepy style to it. I remember the Rankin-Bass Hobbit movie freaking me out as a kid. Sure it had maneating trolls and goblins and giant spiders and a dragon, but there was also something creepy in the style of it. The animation, the backgrounds, the way the faces were drawn, the whole feel of it bothered me at that age.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5sFN6EXGyc&feature=youtube_gdata

Agreed. It's just a reflection on the decade. It was a very dark decade for film in general. I posted a long bit about that very thing once upon a time. Lot's of films from the 70's have a very bleak outlook.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »

Barefoot Gen is another disturbing flick.. it's a lot like Grave of the Fireflies, but it's much more violent and disturbing IMO.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 11:25:26 AM »

What the ##!@?!?!?! Is that??!?! Did somebody watch too many monty python cartoons sketches and snort a whole barrel of LSD? BounceGiggle

I bet you everyone who gave good reviews in the trailer were stoned as hell.

-Jimmybob

Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 01:30:30 PM »

Yeah, that was a very sad movie, with the 2 orphans wandering thru post-Hiroshima Japan.  I only saw it once but it made somewhat of an impression on me.

Another good one, (for it's dark, gritty atmosphere and subject matter) was Golgo 13: The Professional.

Small | Large

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disturbing Animated Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.