Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:01:20 PM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Fox host apologizes for Sherrod-Waters mixup « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Fox host apologizes for Sherrod-Waters mixup  (Read 5560 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: August 04, 2010, 06:36:49 PM »

Fox host apologizes for Sherrod-Waters mixup
Fox News host Greta Van Susteren is apologizing for "a doozy of a mistake" made on her show Monday when a picture of Shirley Sherrod was used to illustrate a segment on Rep. Maxine Waters, the Huffington Post reports.

Waters, a California Democrat, has been charged by the House with ethics violations, and Sherrod was fired from the USDA for incorrectly being cast as a racist. What the two visually have in common is that they're both black women...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100804/pl_yblog_upshot/fox-host-apologizes-for-shirley-sherrod-maxine-waters-mixup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »

They should apologize for all their programing   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 09:51:46 PM »

For Beck, maybe.  I like most of the rest of 'em.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 11:44:22 PM »

I hope she sues them along with that britebart guy she's announced a lawsuit against.

Meanwhile the family of that doctor who O'Reilly kept calling "Tiller the baby killer" and talking about how "he must be stopped" should sue O'Reilley and fox for about a billion in punitive damages.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:20:23 AM »

Tiller delivered live babies, all but their heads, and then perforated their skulls with a pair of forceps in the birth canal.  That is the reality of partial birth abortion.  It is a procedure worthy of Auschwitz, and it is a moral blot on our nation that it is legal.

Tiller is roasting in hell.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 02:20:04 AM »

Tiller delivered live babies, all but their heads, and then perforated their skulls with a pair of forceps in the birth canal.  That is the reality of partial birth abortion.  It is a procedure worthy of Auschwitz, and it is a moral blot on our nation that it is legal.

Tiller is roasting in hell.

The term partial birth abortion is a lie, there is no such term in medical science and it was created by anti-choicers to inflame passions.

After tiller's murder the leader of a "pro life" group offered to buy his office from his family and turn it into their anti-choice headquarters as a final bit of gravedancing towards the man they'd murdered.

His family should sue O'Reilley, fox and murdoch for hundreds of millions in punitive damages, and I wish they would.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 07:43:28 AM »

Call it partial birth, call it late term, call it third trimester - it amounts to the same thing.  A healthy, viable baby is delivered from the womb mostly alive, and then is killed by a doctor who once swore an oath to do no harm.

Don't get me wrong - I do not approve of Tiller being murdered.  When God said "vengeance is mine", he meant it.  Taking the law into our own hands is both criminal and immoral.  But Tiller was one of the only doctors in the country who specialized in late-term abortions, and he had the blood of thousands of infants on his hands.  Calling him a 'babykiller' was a clinically accurate description of his chosen vocation.

Choice is a great thing.  I fully believe in and practice contraception.  Being against having unborn children cut up and sucked into sinks is not "anti-choice." It is "pro-child"! There are many choices that lead to the conception of children, and many of them can be unmade at some point.

But I have always believed that, when a new human heart starts beating, choice ends and responsibility begins.

3mnkids

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 11:13:59 AM »

Dr. Tiller did not deserve to die. Period. He was performing a legal and sometimes necessary procedure. There are reasons for late term abortions.. the baby is severely disabled, the life of the mother is at risk..etc. and because of  some nut job so called pro lifer there is one less doctor available to perform this procedure.

O'Reilly has blood on his hands as well. I find it funny how so many pro lifers are also pro capital punishment. Doesn't make any sense to me. A life is a life, right?

Sorry for helping take this off topic AHD.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 02:13:58 PM »

Doesn't make any sense to me. A life is a life, right?

Wrong.  An aborted fetus didn't murder anyone.  I say this as someone who is very much pro-choice. 
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 02:43:55 PM »

According to the AMA, there is late term or partial birth abortions, call them what you will, are "never medically necessary."   And, while this procedure is more rare than first and second trimester abortions, according to most statistics, it is purely elective over half the time, with no medical factors driving the decision at all. 

Could you plunge a pair of forceps into the base of the skull of a child whose body is already emerged from the womb - whose tiny feet and hands are waving and kicking before your  eyes?  IT MAY BE LEGAL, BUT IT IS STILL MURDER.

Tiller did not deserve to be murdered, but that does not mean he did not deserve to die. Anyone who could carry out this procedure is an amoral monster.

The capital punishment vs. abortion argument is absolutely without merit.  The government has always had the legal and moral right to execute the worst evildoers, going right back to Biblical times.  The Old and New Testament both acknowledge this, and it is confirmed in every legal code since time began until some European states began banning capitol punishment after WW2.  In fact, you can make the case that capital punishment is rooted in the concept of the sanctity of human life.  Human life is so irreplaceable and sacred that the only just punishment for those who brutally and arbitrarily take it is that there own life be forfeit.  No other punishment is enough.

Let me throw this argument out there.  According to the Declaration of Independence, the 5th amendment, and the 14th amendment, the protection of innocent life is the first and foremost role of government.  The right to life is the pre-eminent natural right granted us by our creator, and the Constitution is crystal clear that neither the Federal Government nor the state may deprive ANY citizen of life without due process of law.  Where is the due process for the unborn?  How is it that an implied right - the right to privacy, which is specifically mentioned nowhere in the Constitution - is somehow able to trump the foremost enumerated right?  Nine old men made an arbitrary decision, and 40 million unborn children (and counting) were sentenced to death.  Are they not alive?  Are they not human?  Where is their right to life?

3mnkids

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 03:08:45 PM »

I stand by my position. If all life is precious it shouldn't matter what the person does. God will take care of them, right?

I don't consider abortion murder. Would I have one? Never. I would also never tell another woman what she should do with her body.

I disagree with your statement that late term abortions are "never medically necessary".   Its true that many are for other reasons but to say that they are never medically necessary simply isn't true.

For the record, I am pro capital punishment in certain cases.

Jim H

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 03:25:37 PM »

Are they not human?

That's pretty much the jist of it, yes.  They aren't human.

Also, I'd like to hear your source for the AMA's deeming late term abortions are never medically necessary.  I found references to them saying that (though it appeared they were referring to specific late term abortion procedures, not late term abortion entirely), so I don't doubt you.  But, I'd like to see the original quote.  I'd also be interested in your statistics source, as I had difficulty finding good ones (it often is with issues like this).  It probably doesn't help that the term "late term abortion" itself is defined differently depending on who you ask.

As one example, you might find it interesting to read Lynda Waddington's story.

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/blog/2008/07/08/obamas-late-term-abortion-comments-ignore-stark-realities

Summed up, she had to go through a few hurdles to get a late term abortion of a fetus that was already dead and had already caused her to gain an infection (this is a probable "mother's health" rather than a probable "mother's life" sort of thing).  Unusual circumstances, perhaps, but it happens.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 05:12:54 PM »

Removing a child that has died in utero isn't an abortion in my book.  I heard that quote attributed to the AMA several times during the debates surrounding late term abortions in the latter Clinton years.  I do believe they were referring specifically to the birth canal abortion procedure known as "partial birth."  The thing that riveted me and turned my stomach was a description of a partial birth abortion where the child was pulled from the womb after its skull was perforated but before the limbs quit moving . . . and she heard it scream.  She renounced all abortion work after that.

When it all boils down to it, first or last trimester, abortion is the termination of a human life.  "Pro choice" is a lovely semantic term to mask infanticide.

Many of my friends and one of my siblings are pro choice.  I could not disagree more strongly with their positions, but I still love them all.  And I hope that my comments in this thread have not been taken personally by anyone, because I respect all of you in here too (even when I think you're wrong).

Let me close with this comment.  I hear people say all the time "I personally think that abortion is wrong, and I would never have one.  I just think it's also wrong for me to impose my moral views on other people."  That argument angers me greatly because it is so morally bankrupt.  To see how immoral it really is, try saying the sentence I've quoted above and substitute the word "rape" for abortion.  Does that make moral sense?  If an action is wrong, it is wrong.  If shooting a three year old in the head is a morally evil deed, then so is cutting up an unborn child and sucking it into a sink.  No jury would buy the "choice" argument from a woman who shot or smothered a one year old child.  Yet millions of children are butchered at these clinics every year and the public just turns a blind eye.

3mnkids

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 08:03:26 PM »

Because I personally would not have an abortion does not mean I think its morally wrong. I don't. I think its a medical procedure that is necessary. I'm gonna share something here.... While technically not an abortion its close enough for me.. When I was pregnant with my second child I had some problems. Spotting and cramping. The doctor schedule an ultrasound and I went in. The next day I went to his office for the results.

He told me that there wasn't a baby in there, it was just the sack. Happens all the time, he said. He gets several women a week with the same problem. Easy fix he says. It will only take 10 minutes to get rid of it. I responded with a hell no I want a second opinion. He told me if it didn't come out on its own we would do another ultra sound in a week. Well it didn't and I had another ultrasound and the technician pointed out the heartbeat to me. I hadn't made it home from the ultrasound and the dr. had already called apologizing profusely about his mistake. I didn't tell him hell no because I think its morally wrong. I told him hell no because I know me and I know I would spend the rest of my life wondering if Id made a mistake.

I have a lot of sympathy for any woman who chooses to terminate her pregnancy. I cant imagine its an easy thing to do. Why should a woman who has been raped be forced to continue that pregnancy. Why should a woman be forced to carry a child to term that has severe disabilities and whose life will be nothing but pain and suffering? How many women would be forced to carry a child to term only to dump it in a trash can? beat it? 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 08:39:09 PM »

Sorry for helping take this off topic AHD.
This thread is off track, but I don't mind.  I am intrigued that I find myself agreeing with both of you... and it's 3mnkids who cited her subjective point of view, and was apparently left with an objective of a different mind.  I have been thinking a great deal lately about subjectivity and objectivity, and find ambivalence between most often.  Subjectively, I must recognize that abortion is wrong.  Objectively, I feel the same way; I don't think abortion is a necessary evil.  But, here's the catch, I feel very strongly that I should have no voice regarding any person's choice regarding their own body. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Fox host apologizes for Sherrod-Waters mixup « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.