Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:34:22 PM
713367 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  10 Years at Badmovies.org! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 10 Years at Badmovies.org!  (Read 7123 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: August 06, 2010, 01:56:45 AM »

It just occurred to me that I've been a regular here on this board for 10 years!

I first visited this site back in August of 2000.  (Has it really been that long?) 
I was 26 at the time and now I'm 36.
I can remember with great clarity the first time I came here.  I was at work and reading Andrew's reviews...specifically Bad Taste and Brain Damage.
The air conditioning had failed in my workplace at the time and I was wearing a black Papa Roach concert T-shirt. (yes, they let us wear that kind of clothing at that job)

I didn't care about the extreme heat because I was totally engrossed in this site.

Thank you Andrew for providing me with ten years of great entertainment!
And thank you to everyone else for keeping me company on the forum for all these years!

Here's to ten more years!   Cheers
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 02:02:08 AM by Ash » Logged
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 02:03:54 AM »

Hear, hear!

I first came to this site in I believe '98 or '99. I remember because Andrew's site had movie clips, which was a rarity in those primitive days. I didn't post on the message board for a while, but when I did, I've been here ever since.

Great site, great people.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 03:28:10 AM »

It just occurred to me that I've been a regular here on this board for 10 years!

I first visited this site back in August of 2000.  (Has it really been that long?) 
I was 26 at the time and now I'm 36.
I can remember with great clarity the first time I came here.  I was at work and reading Andrew's reviews...specifically Bad Taste and Brain Damage.
The air conditioning had failed in my workplace at the time and I was wearing a black Papa Roach concert T-shirt. (yes, they let us wear that kind of clothing at that job)

I didn't care about the extreme heat because I was totally engrossed in this site.

Thank you Andrew for providing me with ten years of great entertainment!
And thank you to everyone else for keeping me company on the forum for all these years!

Here's to ten more years!   Cheers

Congrats, Ash!  Thumbup Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 07:20:30 AM »

Yeah, I remember you in those days, Ash: young, brash, with a lot of hard things going on in your life. I'm glad to have known you then, and glad to know you now. And glad to have been a part of this site for more than a decade!

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:15:56 AM »

Congrats Ash!   Cheers  Keep the fun topics coming as you get into your golden years.   TeddyR

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 08:55:33 AM »

It's funny how quickly the time goes by.  I am glad to have known you all this time, and I'll raise a glass (later this evening) to another 10 years.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 09:07:17 AM »

The air conditioning had failed in my workplace at the time and I was wearing a black Papa Roach concert T-shirt.

I hope that wasn't all you were wearing.  Buggedout Buggedout Wink

Skull
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 09:15:17 AM »

Hear, hear!

I first came to this site in I believe '98 or '99. I remember because Andrew's site had movie clips, which was a rarity in those primitive days. I didn't post on the message board for a while, but when I did, I've been here ever since.

Great site, great people.

lol... I was also here years ago... although I was under a different name... :)
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 09:29:47 AM »

lol... I was also here years ago... although I was under a different name... :)

What was your screen name back then, Skull?  Smile

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 09:53:25 AM »

Wow Ash, that's pretty awesome.  Right, I'm just reaching my 2 year anniversity and now you made me realized how much of a newbie I still am.   TeddyR  When I get older, I'm going to be like you!... only in by sticking around for as long as you!   Smile

To ten more years as long as we all live through 2012 when the aliens are supposed to come like the X-Files said!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 11:34:10 AM »

Amazing, Ash!  I've only been here 4 years and I already feel like an old timer.  Folks like you make me feel young again!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 12:52:16 PM »

It's only been about a year for me. In that time I have agreed with members, disagreed with members, p**sed members off, and been p**sed off by members, and alot of all of the above. One of the things I like most about this site is that it is nearly a bastion of free speech and open discourse. Sure, we talk about all the bad movies that we love, but was also talk about hot issues, and at no time have I ever seen anyone's views or opinions restricted. I know I have attacked some views, and had my own attacked, but we keep going and, although there is the occasional scrape and hurt feelings, for the most part we seem to respect one another and keep the open discourse happening.

Cheers to badmovies.org and to its members.  Cheers

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 01:07:02 PM »

someon dragged up a thread of mine when my screename was Raffles circa 2000.

around that time I did a thread on Kevin Costners declining cinematic fortunes and am sad to report there has been no turnaround
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 04:22:45 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 01:43:52 PM »

Three years here for me . . . and I must say this is one of the most fun, eclectic, and enjoyable internet communities I have ever been associated with!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »

Congratulations!  I've been here as THE BURGOMASTER since November, 2005.  However, prior to that, I was on as JOE and prior to having a profile I just visited primarily to read Andrew's reviews.  So, total time for me is somewhere around 9 years or more.   

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  10 Years at Badmovies.org! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.