Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:50:17 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Japanese cartoon: end 80s- mid 90s, about corporation selling water, thirst « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Japanese cartoon: end 80s- mid 90s, about corporation selling water, thirst  (Read 4565 times)
felixthecat01
New Visitor

« on: August 09, 2010, 07:30:34 AM »

Hi once again.

First of all, I would like to thank a badmovies.org team for creating such a great forum.  Thumbup

Here goes another quiz:

I remember watching a Japanese cartoon (something similar to transformers in drawing style), where a big corporation was selling water to people.
The more water they drunk, the more thirsty they were. Finally, everybody who was drinking, mummified and became dust.
Another guy (superhero, I suppose) was trying to stop this corporation.

It seemed to me like a propaganda against Coke and Sprite. :)

Thanks in advance.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 07:31:25 AM »

At first reading your description made me think immediately of Crystal Triangle (1987), a film I used to have but sold probably 15 or 16 years ago.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159387/

Reading the synopsis of it on imdb makes me think this is not the right film, but it does have sort of a super hero/secret agent versus a corporation. The one scene I remember was the ending battle which takes place at the pyramids in Egypt.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 08:13:03 AM »

At first reading your description made me think immediately of Crystal Triangle (1987), a film I used to have but sold probably 15 or 16 years ago.

Reading the synopsis of it on imdb makes me think this is not the right film, but it does have sort of a super hero/secret agent versus a corporation. The one scene I remember was the ending battle which takes place at the pyramids in Egypt.

What I remember about this one is that it turns out God is a giant blue grub.  Soon after we learn the truth about God, he gets squished.  It probably doesn't help that I saw this on a fan-subbed VHS many years ago.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 02:19:56 PM »

What I remember about this one is that it turns out God is a giant blue grub.  Soon after we learn the truth about God, he gets squished.  It probably doesn't help that I saw this on a fan-subbed VHS many years ago.

Yeah this was a shot in the dark, but it sounds like what the OP is looking for is probably an animation that was produced in the '80s. It had been so long since I had seen Crystal Triangle that I only had the vaguest memories of it.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Glypodont
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 04:45:58 PM »

Sounds kinda like Green Legend Ran.
rattacat
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 12:38:43 AM »

Sounds kinda like Green Legend Ran.
concur with Gly- had that nice bright, happy looking animation style for such a dour cartoon- your movie had green pods in it?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Japanese cartoon: end 80s- mid 90s, about corporation selling water, thirst « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.