Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:19:24 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Let's Talk Pro Wrestling. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Let's Talk Pro Wrestling.  (Read 16770 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2010, 09:45:25 PM »

I could add it at no extra cost but it would mean sacrificing certain channels I'd probably enjoy more (the extra learning channels I've added on my satellite package). I think there's an option to add the single channel for a small monthly charge but I doubt it's worth it..actually I'd probably be better off adding the Fight Network again if I add anything as at least then I'd see footage from TNA, NOAH and ROH albeit a bit behind the times). I actually liked TNA best during 2004-2005 from what I've seen of it. I also liked it when Samoa Joe first burst on the scene. When the WWE guys came in and kind of took over in 2007-2008, I kind of lost interest.

Watched Smackdown tonight and really enjoyed it more than I expected although a lot of the characters are getting kind the same old same old week after week - it's too many of the same matches again and again. I did very much enjoy the debuting Alberto Del Rio, who I instantly hated as he looks like he stepped out of a wine commercial to me. But hey, that's what you want from a good heel. The opening match was Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler yet again for the Intercontinental title with Kofi winning by DQ when Vickie Guerrero interfered. This match has just been too overdone lately and this feud is getting boring. The second match saw Serena debut in a tag team match with Luke Gallows vs. The Big Show and Kelly Kelly. It was pretty bad but thankfully short and Serena, who actually has a far better background as a wrestler than Kelly thankfully won. Sadly though, the Straight Edge Society seems to have run its course. Gallows and Mercury just don't seem to have any real charisma - I kind of wish they were made up of the classic ROH Second City Saints instead - Colt Cabana & Ace Steele as given the chance I know they could be entertaining and have legit history with Punk. The third match saw Christian upset Drew McIntyre again in a surprisingly good match that saw McIntyre work over Christian's injured arm. Still again, they've done this match too often lately. At the end though, Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes attacked both Christian and Matt Hardy. Kind of hope they're forming a stable of young upstarts on Smackdown. Husky Harris might do well with them but would seem pretty out of place too I guess. The main event saw the debuting Alberto Del Rio, arriving in a Rolls Royce honking as he drove out and having his own Spanish ring announcer, actually upset Rey Mysterio Jr. making him tap out to a cross armbreaker, a legit move also known as the Fujiwara armbar in wrestlling, after working over his shoulder throughout the entire match. Loved the way both McIntyre and Del Rio worked over their opponents wearing them down. Del Rio added some good freshness to Raw tonight, something the show badly needs.

Hmm so the mysterious General Manager on Raw hates Bret Hart uh? I suspect Batista given Bret was GM when he quit and had him kicked off Raw. I kind of hope it's someone new though - would love to see a return by say Mr. Bob Backlund and Goldberg could prove interesting too.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 11:08:18 PM »

Hmm so the mysterious General Manager on Raw hates Bret Hart uh? I suspect Batista given Bret was GM when he quit and had him kicked off Raw. I kind of hope it's someone new though - would love to see a return by say Mr. Bob Backlund and Goldberg could prove interesting too.
I dunno where they're going with the General Manager of Raw.  I read/heard that they were gonna use Abraham Washington as the General Manager.  But, if the GM hates Bret Hart, they'd probably make it someone with a history with Bret, ie: HHH, HBK, Stone Cold Steve Austin.  But, seeing as it's WWE, they would make it be Washington, as it makes no sense.  Stone Cold's done with WWE, from what I understand, HBK is completely done with wrestling.  That would leave HHH, or Batista.  But I think he's done wrestling for the time being.  It'd be interesting to see where it goes. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 04:36:24 PM »

Yeah that actually wouldn't surprise me but I imagine if it's revealed to be Washington, a lot of fans will be disappointed and lots of others will being going "Who?!". With all the build-up now, they almost need it to be someone interesting...I'd love for it to be Mr. Bob Backlund, back and as crazy as he was in the 1990s. Imagine if it was the Honky Tonk Man, the Iron Sheik or the Ultimate Warrior?! Now that would be crazy and unpredictable. Probably not too likely in today PG WWE though.

Watched Raw last night. Thought it was an half-decent show but as always the matches played out much too predictably and were disappointingly short. The whole set-up was the GM is going to let Sheamus pick his opponent for Night of Champions after watching the matches and picking who impressed him most. Edge beat R-Truth in a quick, forgettable match. Chris Jericho beat the Great Khali by submission playing up Khali's "injured" leg - was O.K. considering it was the lumbering Khali. New Divas champ Melina beat Jillian Hall after Hall dominated the whole match with her powerbomb-roll-up pin combination - not bad for a throwaway quick Raw Divas match. The Miz defeated John Cena by DQ in the best match of the night by far. Miz dominated almost the entire match and really took it to Cena. In the end, Daniel Bryan came out to gain a measure of revenge on Miz - best part of the show by far. Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella upset Jimmy & Jay Uso (Rikishi's sons who sadly seem to be getting buried already in favor of a silly romance angle between Santino and Tamina, Jimmy Snuka's daughter who yes looks like a female Jimmy Snuka?! Buggedout ). Finally Randy Orton beat Ted DiBiase & John Morrison in surprisingly quick fashion in a Triple Threat match (both Morrison & DiBiase are getting buried on Raw as is R-Truth - all 3 would probably be better off on Smackdown). Then Sheamus comes out and announces his chosen opponent not for Night of Champions but for tonight - then calls down Zack Ryder whom he promptly destroys. After the match, Wade Barrett comes out and challenges Sheamus, the ban on the Nexus getting title matches earlier in the show, for a title match and the GM complies but announces it will now be a six-pack six man challenge with Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho.

Wow! Should the Miz ever be p**sed after that. Not only was he attacked by Bryan but despite winning and definitely being the most impressive guy of the night IMO was even left out of the title match. Hope they play that up...I suspect they will. Hope it's Bryan vs. Miz for the U.S. title at Night of Champions.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 08:41:09 AM »

I gotta say, The Miz has vastly improved.  Gotten much, much better.

I'm not fond that the best catchphrase he has is "I'm AWESOME" but eh, he's still young.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 01:23:56 PM »

The Miz is by far the most improved guy in WWE. Cody Rhodes seems to be improving quite a bit on Smackdown! too these days. His "Dashing" gimmick actually seems to be getting over for him.

Apparently WWE has released Serena (apparently for not living her gimmick in public - personally I kind of find it offensive WWE is using the straight-edge lifestyle as a gimmick although in Punk's case, at least he actually is straight edge). Hmm wonder what this bodes for the Straight Edge Society? - I expect we'll see Punk on his own again very soon. It's too bad WWE missed the boat completely with Scotty Goldman/Colt Cabana as he was a great partner for Punk in ROH... Might this be a new wave of WWE releases?

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 09:24:54 PM »

Not for nothing, but wasn't Punk photographed a few years back with a beer out at some club?   Question

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2010, 01:29:11 AM »

Not that I'm aware of...as far as I've heard, he really does live the lifestyle although some would argue with his drinking caffeine, he's already broken it - he does have a Pepsi tattoo although caffeine is very debatable to some as Minor Threat, who originated the whole thing, used to be known for drinking Coco-Cola too. It'd be incredibly hypocritical of him to have that huge tattoo across his stomach and not live the lifestyle...

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »

I'm not saying he doesn't live the lifestyle.  Very much well could. 

Doesn't necessarily mean he was drinking...bars offer water, sodas, and in most cases some kinda juice (apple, tomato, orange).  If he wants to be the only sober one, that's his choice.  Lord knows I hate hanging with a bunch of drunks.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2010, 10:03:38 PM »

It doesn't stop me from going out anywhere I want to go. I usually just buy bottled water. When I want something to drink everyday, I usually buy a bottle of apple juice. Of course I recycle the bottles.

Tonight's Smackdown was lame. Very lame. Kane destroyed Rey Mysterio Jr. and Alberto Del Rio came out and attacked Rey. C.M. Punk destroyed JTG to set an example for the SES. Kofi Kingston beat Dolph Ziggler by countout in perhaps the best match of the night but wasn't anything we haven't seen before. Alberto Del Rio, who seems to be a great new heel, defeated a job guy named Carlos Sanchez. Big Show decimated Luke Gallows as a disappointed Punk looked on. Then the show ended with a boring cross promo between Kane and the Undertaker. One of the worst Smackdown I've ever seen. Just boring and filled with pointless, boring skits and feuds that seem to be going on much too long. Too many talented guys are just glorified enhancement talent in WWE these days.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2010, 10:12:58 PM »

So, Luna Vachon passed away.  She was 48.

venomx
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2010, 11:01:46 PM »

IMO I'm very disappointed with wrestling in the last 5 years, I'm a WWF 80's buff but still.
Even the late 90's had fun skits, chezzy but fun. The Rock was great Stonecold was awesome, Undertaker my favorite. You wanted to watch RAW you wanted it not to end.

How about ECW back in the day, it was the best! Thats over now for sure. It can't be replaced by TNA or WWE ever.

Also, I'm sick of John Cena, HHH, Egde and Randy Orton fighting the same 3 guys over and over. Ppv after Ppv it feels the same... pointless.

Sad to hear about Luna Vachon, RIP.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2010, 04:12:56 PM »

Buggedout Luna Vachon died at 48?  Bluesad . Recall her as a good in-ring performer when she was actually given a chance to perform. The daughter of Paul "Butcher" Vachon, she actually started out in Florida along with Kevin Sullivan back when he was doing the Satan worshipping gimmick I believe. Recall pics of her wearing freaky make-up and having a snake wrapped around her. I saw her manage the masked Blackharts in Stampede Wrestling who were made up of her former (Tom Nash) and future husband (Dave Heath/Vampire Warrior). She had a great body then too. I also liked her as Bam Bam Bigelow's manager. She never seemed as good a fit with the later people she got paired up with and as a Diva, she was decidedly against the grain and of course she couldn't succeed when it became less important how you wrestled as to how you looked in a bikini. Despite being a better wrestler than almost every other woman on the roster, she usually got jobbed out to less talented performers. RIP Luna (Gertrude) Vachon.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2010, 06:44:53 PM »

IMO I'm very disappointed with wrestling in the last 5 years, I'm a WWF 80's buff but still.
Even the late 90's had fun skits, chezzy but fun. The Rock was great Stonecold was awesome, Undertaker my favorite. You wanted to watch RAW you wanted it not to end.

How about ECW back in the day, it was the best! Thats over now for sure. It can't be replaced by TNA or WWE ever.

Also, I'm sick of John Cena, HHH, Egde and Randy Orton fighting the same 3 guys over and over. Ppv after Ppv it feels the same... pointless.

Sad to hear about Luna Vachon, RIP.

ECW was my favorite, for many many reasons.  I loved the late '90s WWE: Stone Cold, Foley, Undertaker, Rock, HHH, etc.

venomx
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2010, 06:53:02 PM »

Small | Large

Then I'm sure you remember this funny skit.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 10:06:06 AM »

Kurt Angle sings to Vince McMahon to make him feel better, after Stone Cold tried.
Small | Large

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Let's Talk Pro Wrestling. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.