Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:27:13 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Conservatives lying thru their teeth, again! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Conservatives lying thru their teeth, again!  (Read 5654 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »

Aye, gunny!

OK, Judge, here is what it boils down to:

Next year, people who are now paying less will be paying more.
That is, by definition, an increase in taxes.  Some of that will  be caused by the sunset provision on the Bush tax cuts (a compromise measure insisted on by Democrats) and some by the taxes that will fund health care.  If Congress passes "Cap and Trade"  (God forbid), that will amount to an increased tax burned on every American family somewhere between $1000 and $5000, depending on whose figures you by.

So, while you can argue semantics, your accusation that conservatives (BTW, I love the way you lump us all into a single category, as if we all share the same brain) are "lying through their teeth" is in fact, false and unfounded.

You may concede defeat now.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 07:46:21 PM »

Aye, gunny!

That is, by definition, an increase in taxes.  Some of that will  be caused by the sunset provision on the Bush tax cuts (a compromise measure insisted on by Democrats) and some by the taxes that will fund health care.  If Congress passes "Cap and Trade"  (God forbid), that will amount to an increased tax burned on every American family somewhere between $1000 and $5000, depending on whose figures you by.

So, while you can argue semantics, your accusation that conservatives (BTW, I love the way you lump us all into a single category, as if we all share the same brain) are "lying through their teeth" is in fact, false and unfounded.

Nope.

Even if taxes are higher next year, the bottom line is a republican regime headed by bush and a republican dominated congress passed this KNOWING the cuts lasted 10 years.

Now you're going to try and claim "OBAMA  AND THE  DEMS ARE RAISING TAXES!!!"

The republicans set it up and are trying to screw democrats either way. Let the taxcuts expire and the republicans scream that the dems raised taxes. Continue them and the deficit explodes, which the republicans will blame the dems for it.

The republicans set this up, they're responsible for the taxes going up when they expire but will, of course, lie to their base and claim the dems 'raised taxes".

Naturally the rep voters will believe and parrot it, as will the fox news echo chamber.

But no matter how many people repeat a lit and n matter how many people are stupid enough to believe it, it's still a lie.

Republicans only do 5 things:

1. Cut taxes for the wealthy.
2. Deregulate big biz.
3.get us into wars we don't need so they can shovel money from the taxpayers to the big defense corporations.
4. Impose conservative christian values on as many people as possible however possible.
5. Lie about and slander "lib'ruls" on ever issue.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 08:55:22 PM »

Aye, gunny!

Nope.

Even if taxes are higher next year, the bottom line is a republican regime headed by bush and a republican dominated congress passed this KNOWING the cuts lasted 10 years.

Now you're going to try and claim "OBAMA  AND THE  DEMS ARE RAISING TAXES!!!"

The republicans set it up and are trying to screw democrats either way. Let the taxcuts expire and the republicans scream that the dems raised taxes. Continue them and the deficit explodes, which the republicans will blame the dems for it.

The republicans set this up, they're responsible for the taxes going up when they expire but will, of course, lie to their base and claim the dems 'raised taxes".

Naturally the rep voters will believe and parrot it, as will the fox news echo chamber.

But no matter how many people repeat a lit and n matter how many people are stupid enough to believe it, it's still a lie.

Republicans only do 5 things:

1. Cut taxes for the wealthy.
2. Deregulate big biz.
3.get us into wars we don't need so they can shovel money from the taxpayers to the big defense corporations.
4. Impose conservative christian values on as many people as possible however possible.
5. Lie about and slander "lib'ruls" on ever issue.

As you said in your first post that these kind of tax cuts can only last for ten years, this does not mean the republicans created this tax just so they could yell at liberals after it expired. Obama can renew this tax cut, he has it in his power to do so. Most people who pay attention to politics know that these tax cuts only lasted for ten years and understand the laws behind it, no one is lying here.

And for christ sakes stop say "Bush Regime" like he took usurped the government of the United States. Its not like bushed tried to abolish the 22nd amendment, its not like we lost any freedoms, I was still able to say and do all the stupid crap, like during previous administrations.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 10:35:21 PM »

And for christ sakes stop say "Bush Regime" like he took usurped the government of the United States. Its not like bushed tried to abolish the 22nd amendment, its not like we lost any freedoms, I was still able to say and do all the stupid crap, like during previous administrations.

We can stil speak our minds for now anyway.  But what gets a bit unsettling is that Liberals are so against this "Obama-Hitler" thing, when they made the "Bush is Hitler"
thing their mantra for all of Bush's terms. I guess that was OK, right? Uh yeah...

As far as that goes, look at some of the abuses Liberals used Free Speech for:

Timothy Horrigan (D-NH) saying  on Facebook that Sarah Palin was "better dead than alive" and wished she was on the plane that crashed the other day and killed Republican Ted Stevens.

Harry Reid attacking MArco Rubio for being a Latino Republican.

The Westboro Baptist Church: going to the funerals of America's war dead and holding signs calling them "fags and queers" and glorifying their deaths in front of their grieving parents and laughing in their faces

Alan Grayson (D-FL) calling a Bernanke Staffer a "K Street Whore."

Apparently the Left is up in arms about Glenn Beck mocking Obama and his daughter Malia, but they laughed their asses of at the Family Guy episode with Sarah Palin's teenage Down-Syndrome daughter.

And the Left knows that if it were Conservatives who did this, they would never let them hear the end of it.  They need to start seeing their own hypoicrisies as well as others.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
3mnkids

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 10:46:37 PM »

The Westboro Baptist Church: going to the funerals of America's war dead and holding signs calling them "fags and queers" and glorifying their deaths in front of their grieving parents and laughing in their faces

Westboro baptist church members are not liberals.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:57:48 PM by 3mnkids » Logged

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 10:58:33 PM »

BounceGiggle intelligence fail!

Seriously, how could you think they are liberal? Do you even read things before taking them out of context?

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 11:06:05 PM »

But seriously all this talk of the left doing this or the right doing that is ridiculous. You are talking like either the left or right are homogenous masses with no diversity of thought or individuality and is a bad example of black and white thinking everybody, and that is not helping with intelligent debate  Bluesad

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 11:21:32 PM »

I don't think ANYBODY claims the Westboro kooks . . . I know the Baptists across America wish they would drop our name from their church's sign.

You completely avoided my points about the Health Care taxes that start up next year, I notice, as well as the push for Cap and Trade.

Tell you what, Judge - believe what you want.  It's a free country.  If you cannot see the hypocrisy in your complaints about political bigotry when you are its biggest practicioner, then you're beyond help.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 12:16:06 AM »

I don't think ANYBODY claims the Westboro kooks . . . I know the Baptists across America wish they would drop our name from their church's sign.

You completely avoided my points about the Health Care taxes that start up next year, I notice, as well as the push for Cap and Trade.

Tell you what, Judge - believe what you want.  It's a free country.  If you cannot see the hypocrisy in your complaints about political bigotry when you are its biggest practicioner, then you're beyond help.

Well, as to healthcare taxes, we already have the highest healthcare costs in the world, with more people being denied care than any other country, more people losing their homes due to healthcare bills than any other country and shorted life expectancies than most industrialized countries, so if a tax helps correct all of that then it's probably a necessary one.

As to cap and trade, we need to limit greenhouse gasses and other pollution now. Period.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 02:51:46 AM »

I decidedly hate political threads that go that direction.

Same here.
Political threads have no place on this forum.
Lock it please.
BTM

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 03:36:53 AM »

And lastly a funny story.The owner of many company is a good guy and used to keep his own salary low in a effort to keep more money in the company. The IRS came to him one day and told him that he makes far to little money for how much his company earns. The IRS actually forced my boss to pay himself more money. How idiotic is that? It was either my boss raises his salary or be inspected by the IRS and accused of tax dodging.

No good deed goes unpunished.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 09:06:19 AM »

But seriously all this talk of the left doing this or the right doing that is ridiculous. You are talking like either the left or right are homogenous masses with no diversity of thought or individuality and is a bad example of black and white thinking everybody, and that is not helping with intelligent debate  Bluesad

This may be the most rational post on this thread. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 09:43:06 AM »

We can stil speak our minds for now anyway.  But what gets a bit unsettling is that Liberals are so against this "Obama-Hitler" thing, when they made the "Bush is Hitler"
thing their mantra for all of Bush's terms.

Nobody has a monopoly on the Hitler comparisons. Loudmouthed idiots of all political stripes have been using that one since at least the 40s, and probably the 30s, to disparage any powerful person they disagree with. And in virtually every case, it has no more merit than calling the guy an a$$hole.

For me, leaning toward liberal in some ways and conservative in others, depending on the circumstances, people who consistently reside at either end of the spectrum are narrow-minded fools.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Conservatives lying thru their teeth, again! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.