Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:42:31 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Second Message test. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Second Message test.  (Read 1430 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 16, 2010, 10:23:04 AM »

The Second Message Test: This is a test to determine how serious someone you haven't heard from in a good while is about actually keeping up with you.  Basically, it goes like this, you email someone you haven't seen in awhile (maybe an old friend, or just a casual acquaintance) or they friend you out of the blue.  You send them an email, saying, "Hello, how you doing," and ask them some questions, like where they've been, what they've been up to, you know, basic "catching up with you stuff".  They reply back.  Now, here's the critical part, you send them a SECOND message, responding to their questions and asking some more of your own.

At this point, you'll either get a second reply from that person, or you'll never hear from them again for weeks (or months) to come until YOU message them a third time.  

Thus, I call it, The Second Message Test.  If your online friend can pass it, odds they're actually interested in keeping up with you.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:29:17 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 04:06:37 PM »

I usually respond to messages . . . even multiple messages . . . even if I have no real interest in staying in touch with a person.  I don't know why . . . maybe I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.  But I'll usually respond in some way, even if it's just a few words in an e-mail.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »

I love it when people are just SO happy and SO excited that they've finally found you, and now you've GOT to promise to stay in touch with them from now on!!!  Then you write them a message just to be polite, and they have no trouble at all ignoring you completely.  Oh, but they'll forward every stupid inspirational thing in the world to you - and their 250 other closest friends  Lookingup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
BTM

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 03:36:28 AM »

I love it when people are just SO happy and SO excited that they've finally found you, and now you've GOT to promise to stay in touch with them from now on!!!  Then you write them a message just to be polite, and they have no trouble at all ignoring you completely.  Oh, but they'll forward every stupid inspirational thing in the world to you - and their 250 other closest friends  Lookingup

I hate that.  Or especially chain letters that say stupid s**t like, "Pass this on to fifteen people and you'll find true love today!"  And worse yet, most of them don't even use the Blind Carbon Copy (I suspect they don't even know what it's for) making it rather easy for anyone to have a whole horde of new emails to do stuff with for whatever reason.

Luckily, I don't get too many chain mails these days, so that's good.

I don't now.. I can understand someone I only knew from a college class or two not really keeping up, but I find it depressing when I get friends I've known in real life or people who I spent years with (like childhood friends) who don't seem to want to bother writing.  (sighs)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Second Message test. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.