Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:18:36 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How do you greet people? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: How do you greet people?  (Read 9607 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 11:57:51 AM »

BounceGiggle  At Kindergarten age, my son used to walk up to older (say, 8-y-o) blondes and say, "I have a pony".  I have tried to keep an eye on him ever since.   Wink

Just out of curiosity, does your family really have a pony?  Either way, that's an awesome pick up line!

Yes. Several.  And he did have one of his own.  How he figured out at that age that a pony could be a babe magnet, I will never know.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 04:59:42 PM »

If they are coming into my house I say "I bid jew vellcome"

If it's nighttime I say "Good eevahning."

If they are bleeding I just stare and lick my lips.

SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 09:59:05 PM »

For people I don't know, a nod or a little salute, for casual acquaintances or friends I usually give the middle finger  Twirling but if they are good friends and if I'm really happy to see them, a hug. Family I always hug.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 10:59:15 PM »

It depends, could be a variation of "Hello", "Hi, How Are You?"or "How Ya Gettin' On?" depending on the place and situation. Usually I'll talk to people who are in work clothes or seem really down to Earth with the "How Ya Gettin' On?", sometimes I'll add by', sometimes I won't. If I was meeting someone who seems refined and classy or an older gentleman, it would probably be a polite "Hello", usually with women it's "Hi" sometimes with the How Are You?, sometimes not. Older women I usually also say the polite "Hello".

I tend to hug and kiss family on the cheek usually as they arrive and leave. Strangers I tend to give a polite head nod in most social settings. As a Canadian and Newfoundlander, I'm obsessively polite most of the time but once I get to know you and I'm comfortable, I tend to really loosen up and the Newfie dialect tends to work its way into conversation more and more. If I have a visitor in my home, I will always ask them if they want a drink of water and offer them something to eat. I'll at the very least inquire if they want any such refreshment. My parents when they have visitors, even door to door salesmen, will have them come in and join them for a damn fine supper if I do say so. They're about the friendliest people I've ever known in my entire life. My grandfather would even invite Jehovah's Witnesses in and have coffee or tea with them when he was alive. Newfoundlanders tend to be well known for their friendliness.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:16:32 AM by xJaseSFx » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 11:41:49 PM »

My parents when they have visitors, even door to door salesmen, will have them come in and join them for a damn fine supper if I do say so. They're about the friendliest people I've ever known in my entire life. My grandfather would even invite Jehovah's Witnesses in and have coffee or tea with them when he was alive. Newfoundlanders tend to be well known for their friendliness.

I have to admit, when I've travelled to the Maritimes, I found the people so hospitable it almost made me uncomfortable. Never been to Newfoundland, but I was blown away by the hospitality in New Brunswick.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 12:45:58 AM »

Most of us are quite hospitable  Cheers

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 12:59:25 AM »

Welcome back, SkullBat! Long time.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2010, 08:02:14 AM »

I've always been an extrovert and meeting new people is fun for me.  My mother told me that I would walk up to anyone when I was a little boy and talk to them.  It was frustrating for her because she had to keep a constant eye on me.

BounceGiggle  At Kindergarten age, my son used to walk up to older (say, 8-y-o) blondes and say, "I have a pony".  I have tried to keep an eye on him ever since.   Wink
My 4 year old is the social butterfly of any playground.  I sit back and marvel at his skills. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »

I've always been an extrovert and meeting new people is fun for me.  My mother told me that I would walk up to anyone when I was a little boy and talk to them.  It was frustrating for her because she had to keep a constant eye on me.

My 4 year old is the social butterfly of any playground.  I sit back and marvel at his skills. 

I see that as an indication that we have raised confident, secure, happy individuals.  Thumbup

A gentleman in a tailored 3-piece suit, carrying an expensive briefcase and looking very successful watched my son on a city bus, doing his smile and hi-how-are-ya! routine for one-and-all: the man turned to me and said, "That boy will be Prime Minister one day!"   TeddyR

"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »

hi
Due to my work(i work with severely disabled children) i find that tactile communication is more liked than a "hello" or "hi" so that said i am a habitual hugger.If you get within 5ft of me and i know or like you then you are gonna get hugged.I also teach martial arts to young children and when one of my pupils wins a competition they run like hell cause they know they are gonna get hugged.I am told by people that i am quite friendly and easy to approach but i can be quite aloof and truth Be told i am quite a shy guy..

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2010, 12:09:27 AM »

Welcome back, SkullBat! Long time.  TeddyR

Thank you sir, it has  Twirling School and stuff, but I have an iPhone so I can carry the net every where, yay!

BTM

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 08:33:33 AM »

Just out of curiosity, does your family really have a pony?  Either way, that's an awesome pick up line!

Yes. Several.  And he did have one of his own.  How he figured out at that age that a pony could be a babe magnet, I will never know.

Wow.  How old is that boy now?  And do you watch him closely?  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2010, 11:07:26 AM »

Wow.  How old is that boy now?  And do you watch him closely?  :)

He just had his 21st birthday...  TeddyR  ...and I am watching the girls!

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010, 02:50:01 PM »

The Pearls Before Swine strip for Aug 12/10:

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 03:03:45 PM by Newt » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How do you greet people? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.