Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:32:11 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Ground Zero Mosque . . . what do you think? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: The Ground Zero Mosque . . . what do you think?  (Read 14051 times)
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »

As far as the religious part of this entire thing goes:   

Funny how the Left and the Liberal media in Hollywood always ridicule Christians (and extreme Christians) day in and day out with no red light to stop them.

But do they do this to Muslims (or extreme Muslims?) No they don't. And it's simple..they're scared sh*tless of them, that's why.   If they killed Theo Van Gogh in Holland, and called for the annihilation of Denmark, would Hollywood stars or talk show hosts be any different? Hell no.

Christians don't fight back for their religion, Muslims do (extremsists, I mean.)

So while liberals in Hollywood and the Media claim to "respect" Islam, I think they should admit that it's more like they're scared of the consequences ridicule would bring given the examples I cited 2 paragraphs up.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 03:50:30 PM »

I understand there was a Greek Orthodox Church that was destroyed when the towers fell.  They have been trying to rebuild it but the City of New York has it all tied up in red tape.  I think THAT should be rebuilt before work on this mosque is allowed.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 03:58:10 PM »

I understand there was a Greek Orthodox Church that was destroyed when the towers fell.  They have been trying to rebuild it but the City of New York has it all tied up in red tape.  I think THAT should be rebuilt before work on this mosque is allowed.

Werd. All internal and infrastructural damage first, including any damage to any other religious buildings and their assets.  Muslims don't like it? Tough. They're getting their way with this (if things go right) so they can wait a little longer before they decide to built their religious middle finger that they apparently have paved the way for..

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »

As far as the religious part of this entire thing goes:   

Funny how the Left and the Liberal media in Hollywood always ridicule Christians (and extreme Christians) day in and day out with no red light to stop them.

But do they do this to Muslims (or extreme Muslims?) No they don't. And it's simple..they're scared sh*tless of them, that's why.   If they killed Theo Van Gogh in Holland, and called for the annihilation of Denmark, would Hollywood stars or talk show hosts be any different? Hell no.

Christians don't fight back for their religion, Muslims do (extremsists, I mean.)

So while liberals in Hollywood and the Media claim to "respect" Islam, I think they should admit that it's more like they're scared of the consequences ridicule would bring given the examples I cited 2 paragraphs up.

Some interesting points. I have no problem with liberals. I recognize a need for liberals, at least until the right acknowledges that peoples' personal freedoms don't need to be curtailed, and who knows if that will ever happen.

Depsite, this, however, I have a certain amount of disgust for the Hollywood left. They are such an elitist, exclusionary group that it's amazing they actually call themselves liberal. If you want success in Hollywood, you act in a certain way, you have to support certain causes, you have to respond in certain ways to political events, and if you don't, it can negatively impact your career.

It's part of the reason why I appreciate Trey Parker and Matt Stone so much. Granted they have become a bit unbalanced, and make more fun of the left than the right, but I understand why they do it. They are in the entertainment industry and have been applauded when they have poked fun at the right but had the cold shoulder turned to them when they have the same fun with the left. Perhaps they've overreacted a bit, but they're basically raising the bulls**t flag on that.

If you had a competition between the Hollywood left and all your high-level career politicians (the Democrats AND the Republicans) on which group was the most out of touch with the people and just with realitiy in general, you'd have a good fight on your hands.  

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010, 04:25:03 PM »

Is someone stopping the Greek Orthodox Church from being rebuilt?  If they want to build a church and have all the funding and permits they need I'm fairly certain the Manhattan zoning board isn't holding them up so a politically unpopular mosque can be built first.  I would be dismayed if that were true.  People are allowed to build houses of worship in this country pretty much wherever they want; more popular religions don't get to cut in line to build their churches before unpopular ones. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 04:49:33 PM »

Depsite, this, however, I have a certain amount of disgust for the Hollywood left. They are such an elitist, exclusionary group that it's amazing they actually call themselves liberal. If you want success in Hollywood, you act in a certain way, you have to support certain causes, you have to respond in certain ways to political events, and if you don't, it can negatively impact your career.

That's the deal...for all of Hollywood and the Left and their notions that wealth is evil, and materialism is too, these are people who have so much of BOTH that they seem to forget their own dirty laundry.  And they seem to think that it's OK as long as people see it their way. So as we can see, hyposcrisy is not necessarily a sole providence of the right, but it will be used against them by the masters of the craft when it comes time to score political points.

It's part of the reason why I appreciate Trey Parker and Matt Stone so much. Granted they have become a bit unbalanced, and make more fun of the left than the right, but I understand why they do it. They are in the entertainment industry and have been applauded when they have poked fun at the right but had the cold shoulder turned to them when they have the same fun with the left.

WERD! About time someone stood up to and refused to back down from Hollywood's A-List (or is that A-Hole list?)  I have long admired Parker and Stone for the same reasons.  At least someone in Hollywood has some ballz..

If you had a competition between the Hollywood left and all your high-level career politicians (the Democrats AND the Republicans) on which group was the most out of touch with the people and just with realitiy in general, you'd have a good fight on your hands.

Flick, my friend, there are nt enough karma points for me to give you for this statement.  But I will raise my glass to you. Cheers! Cheers

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

3mnkids

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 05:24:36 PM »

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5699214/rebuilding_of_st_nicholas_greek_orthodox.html

"The Port Authority and the church announced a deal in July 2008 under which the Port Authority would grant land and up to $20 million to help rebuild it in a new location -- in addition, the authority was willing to pay up to $40 million to construct a bomb-proof platform underneath.

"Within a year, the deal fell through and talks ended. Port Authority officials told Fox News that the deal is dead.

"The archdiocese and Port Authority offer sharply conflicting accounts of where things went wrong. The Port Authority has previously claimed the church was making additional demands -- like wanting the $20 million up front and wanting to review plans for the surrounding area. They say the church can still proceed on its own if it wishes. "

From what I have read this church doesn't like the deal the port authority offered them. Why does this have anything to do with the mosque? Why should this church be built first? A church is a church.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jim H

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2010, 03:14:24 PM »

It's part of the reason why I appreciate Trey Parker and Matt Stone so much

They're also practically the only conservative-leaning people who are actually funny (at one point, I also thought Dennis Miller was very funny, but not lately).  What's the deal with that?  Almost all the comedic stuff with a conservative bent is pretty bad.  An American Carol springs to mind.  Or Mallard Fillmore, one of the least funny comedic comic strips I've ever seen.  I think liberals and democrats DESERVE to be made fun of by someone who's actually funny - so how come the obviously left leaning Daily Show does a way better job of it than practically anyone else?
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2010, 04:47:40 PM »

It's part of the reason why I appreciate Trey Parker and Matt Stone so much

They're also practically the only conservative-leaning people who are actually funny (at one point, I also thought Dennis Miller was very funny, but not lately).  What's the deal with that?  Almost all the comedic stuff with a conservative bent is pretty bad.  An American Carol springs to mind.  Or Mallard Fillmore, one of the least funny comedic comic strips I've ever seen.  I think liberals and democrats DESERVE to be made fun of by someone who's actually funny - so how come the obviously left leaning Daily Show does a way better job of it than practically anyone else?

Well, they ridicule the left more than the right, but they've made it very clear that they're not trying to make political statements, nor trying to demonstrate a political leaning on their part. People may believe that or not, it's up to them. Personally I believe it. I just think they like to make fun of what they think is bulls**t, and pointing out that the left is just as capable of double-standards as the right. Good for them.

Actually, Penn & Teller's show "Bulls**t" on Showtime is very similar. They have no problem making fun of everything, and they do an excellent job of jabbing at the left. In their case, however, you can definately see that they are in favor of free-market capitalism.

As you say, there are plenty of talented, funny people making fun of the right. I like your angle that the left DESERVES someone funny to make fun of them. I like that, because, they do. If someone were making fun of me, I would certainly want them to be funny.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2010, 09:43:44 PM »

Well, they ridicule the left more than the right, but they've made it very clear that they're not trying to make political statements, nor trying to demonstrate a political leaning on their part. People may believe that or not, it's up to them. Personally I believe it. I just think they like to make fun of what they think is bulls**t, and pointing out that the left is just as capable of double-standards as the right. Good for them.

About fu*kin' time too...liberals do more instigation and deliberate antagonizing than anyone else.  They can do it to you, but you can't do it back. And when you do, they start with the usual "victim" bullsh*t and say that you hit them....

And they always get away with it..it's also funny how they constantly misquote, talk over, and take their opponents out of context and accuse the Right of hypocrisy, and always mange to cover up their own misdeeds.  It's so one-sided.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Ground Zero Mosque . . . what do you think? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.