Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:24:46 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fox News has the oldest audience of any cable channel « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Fox News has the oldest audience of any cable channel  (Read 24940 times)
Skull
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2010, 03:31:42 PM »

more to the point, who cares what the UN says?  

The point is… the act of was agreed upon by other countries… Not just the United States.

the economy went south because of the housing crash.  this had nothing to do with the incoming democrats in 2006.  the economy was "good" because it was in a ridiculous bubble that soon came crashing down.

Therefore the democrats controlled the economy since 2006… Not republicans or Bush.

they were part of the reason…  

As I told Flick… Good intentions never, never outweighs evil.

Meaning: you could have 1,000 people with good intentions and all you need is 1 person to figure how to make it work for their own selfish reasons…
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2010, 04:42:44 PM »

no the other countries did not go along with the iraq war.  it was in fact, an illegal war. not that anyone gives much credence to what the UN calls illegal.  Saddam certainly didn't. The israelis have had dozens of resolutions against them and no one expects them to give a crap. 

colin powell flopped at the UN and they never even had the vote because if they did they would have lost. 

Therefore the democrats controlled the economy since 2006… Not republicans or Bush.

no. thats not how the economy works. the housing bubble , which was inevitably going to burst formed sometime after 9/11. 

the CURRENT malaise is indeed the fault of obama and the dem congress. They have had ample time to reverse the policies of bailouts and soforth and have not.

It is not at all accurate to say that they caused the housing crisis because the bubble burst after they were sworn in.

Good intentions never, never outweighs evil

the "good intentions" were our attempt to liberate iraq. the read to hell is paved with good intentions.  we had good intentions and we led into hell. the insurgency was hell for most of the last decade.

judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2010, 05:47:51 PM »

I don't want america to win this war. I want America to suffer defeat and to learn from the lesson so we don't engage in another unjust war we have no right to wage.

The war in afghanistan was justified as the attacks on 911 originated there. The invasion and occupation of iraq was not justified and america should lose to punish it for  waging an unjust war.

The war in Iraq is over for us.  None of my fellow Marines are going to Iraq.  We are all going to Afghanistan.  The people being killed by IED attacks are Iraqi security forces and civilians, not Americans.  If anybody loses the Iraq war at this point, it is the Iraq citizenry.  I hope that the violence in Iraq fades away and its citizens can live in peace.

Oh, I hope that too. The iraqi citizens have suffered enough, first from saddam hussein's regime, then the effects of america's attack on iraq, then from hussein's regime AND the effects of an embargo that did nothing to hussein but made the people suffer and made hussein's rule more despotic as he had to crush dissent caused by the suffering od the embargo, then by the bush regime's invasion, conquest and occupation of iraq and the disaster it brought.

The sad thing is that as far as we can tell today, civilization on earth as we know it BEGAN in the iraq area, in mesopotamia, babylon, etc. Now they linger in a netherworld of ancient religious doctrine and modern technological culutre, having the worst of each world and the best of neither.

The iraq people deserve a break, I just don't see how they can get one with islamofascists jonesing to swoop into the vacuum bush created and corporations seeking to turn iraq into a corporate slave state.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »

The iraq people deserve a break, I just don't see how they can get one with islamofascists jonesing to swoop into the vacuum bush created and corporations seeking to turn iraq into a corporate slave state.

And you can not even stop using the political language long enough to pause for a prayer that they live in peace.  You haven't walked their ground and you haven't seen what they have seen.  You don't feel for them; they are merely an avenue that you use to justify your agenda.

I wish the people of Iraq peace.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2010, 09:52:43 PM »

HUGE virtual karma to Andrew!!  Well said, sir!

"Corporate slave state?"   Judge, are you a Marxist?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2010, 11:45:01 PM »

And you can not even stop using the political language long enough to pause for a prayer that they live in peace.  You haven't walked their ground and you haven't seen what they have seen.  You don't feel for them; they are merely an avenue that you use to justify your agenda.

Baloney.

I wish the people of iraq good breaks, they deserve them. I don't just make a blanket wish for peace for them as peace can be under a dictatorship, I wish them better times than they've had since hussein brought so much trouble on them with the invasion of kuwait. The fact is  they've been the victim of international power plays ever since.

BTW, I criticize president clinton for not lifting the embargo bush the elected put in place that only hurt the people.

I just don't see how things can get better for them given the realities of the situation.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:50:41 PM by judge death » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2010, 10:01:18 AM »

its not left wing to criticize corporations.  many of them are joined at the hip with the state. Halliburtons profits come from taxpayer dollars. capitalism and corporatism are not the same thing.  this is also why it's unfair when leftists call wars "capitalist"
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2010, 10:19:58 AM »

its not left wing to criticize corporations.  many of them are joined at the hip with the state. Halliburtons profits come from taxpayer dollars. capitalism and corporatism are not the same thing.  this is also why it's unfair when leftists call wars "capitalist"

Finally, someone who recognizes the difference between capitalism and corporatism. You just made my day. Karma.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2010, 03:11:23 PM »

Corporatism is what's happening in the US and everywhere else thanks to the fundamentalist free- market ideology Neo-Liberalism, which is really just class war under another name. Privatizing everything takes money from the lower classes, not from the top .1% mind you, concentrating it in the private hands of these few global elites, leaving an easily exploitable under class. But that's just my opinion  Twirling though there is plenty of evidence. This is just one good scholarly paper about what they term winner-take-all politics.

http://pas.sagepub.com/content/38/2/152.full.pdf

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2010, 04:22:04 PM »

I disagree. corporatism isn't fundamentalist free markets, it's markets dominated by those with state access who can lobby for laws favoring them over their competition.  the last thing coporations want is competition, they are actually  like marxists in this respect
Skull
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2010, 04:31:56 PM »

I disagree. corporatism isn't fundamentalist free markets, it's markets dominated by those with state access who can lobby for laws favoring them over their competition.  the last thing coporations want is competition, they are actually  like marxists in this respect

So maybe Taco Bell could win the fastfood wars by forcing McDonalds and Burger King to overcharge their prices based upon what seems healthy eating... It seems we are moving more towards Demolition Man (1993) every day... now if I could figure how to use the 3 sea shells...
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2010, 05:44:08 PM »

That is what I don't understand  about Neo-Liberalism which is fundamentalist free-marketism, but yet they are using the state apparatus to impose an ideology that creates such gross inequalities? They don't actually want a free market system in my opinion, it is class war

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2010, 10:15:40 AM »

well again, if they want state intervention it cannot fairly be called fundamentalist free market
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fox News has the oldest audience of any cable channel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.