Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:37:39 PM
714228 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Nice things people do that offend you « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Nice things people do that offend you  (Read 6831 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 11:33:11 PM »

People who stop when you want to cross the road and then point and blow incessantly about you getting across as fast as you can. Jeez, what'd you even stop for then?! Lookingup

I hate it when people stop when they aren't supposed to and don't need to. If I'm crossing the street somewhere other than a crossing, cars aren't supposed to stop. If one does stop, it takes a few seconds to confirm the driver's intentions. If he'd just driven by, I could already be crossing the street.

Same at intersections with all-way stop signs. If I drive up to one of these, I know how right of way is determined, but there's usually some jackass who always wants to let the other guy go first. Sorry, but in the time it takes to sort out that you're giving up the right of way, we both could have gone. Of course, not all of these guys are being nice. Most of them just don't know what they're doing and they're scared to go first in case they're wrong.

I once merged onto a street and ended up slowing to a crawl because the guy I was supposed to yield to was determined to let me in. It was late at night, and we might have been the only two cars on the street. I come off the expressway, there's a car where I need to go, so I hold off on accelerating until it passes. This idiot decides to be nice and let me in, so he slows down. There isn't another car anywhere near this guy, just wide open space in front and behind him. It's not rush hour or anything. I don't need his help to merge. All I know is there's a car sitting in my blind spot and he won't get out. I take my foot right off the gas, and this other guy, who is already on the road and has the right of way, continues to slow down. We're well below the speed limit before I figure out what he's doing and step on the gas.

If you're supposed to drive, then drive. Otherwise, you're just causing confusion.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 12:09:11 AM »

Oh!  I hate when I come to work looking slightly different than I normally do because all stinkin’ day people are stopping me to make a big loud to-do about my appearance.  I wouldn’t mind if it was just a simple compliment while we were talking, but it’s always someone interrupting me while I’m doing something or stopping me before I’ve even got to my desk to make a big show of the fact that I’m wearing a dress today instead of pants, or green instead of black, or my hair is down instead of up.  I’m really shy as it is and I hate being the center of attention, which is probably why these people purposely make such a fuss, but it’s totally embarrassing to me.  I’d love to wear dresses and different colors every day but I’m so afraid of these people and their “compliments” that I just go back to the same old thing.  

People who think they are being helpful but are really just being A holes. Perfect example... I was at a convenience store looking through the cold medicine because I felt like crap(should have been a clue that I wasn't in a good mood) and this guy walks up to me and says... you would be really pretty if you lost a little weight.. what? oh, hell no, he didn't just say that to me! I said, its funny you say that because I was just thinking damn, I wish I could lose some weight so I would look good to some dumb ass stranger.. He replied, I was just trying to help you, b***h! and stormed off.   Hatred

I don’t see how those people can think they’re being kind.  I can’t stand it when someone points out some obvious physical flaw, like weight, or a zit, or “you look like crap”.  What is pointing out something that I’m completely aware of going to do?  How does that help?  It only makes things worse!

Now if I have chocolate on my face, toilet paper on my shoe, or there’s a hole on the butt of my pants, does anyone say anything to me?  Nope!  I just get looked at weird by strangers until I figure it out for myself.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:18:44 AM by Paquita » Logged
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 04:24:27 AM »

Believe it or not, I sometimes have trouble talking so I hate it when people try to "help" by second-guessing me or finishing my sentences for me.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 06:20:32 AM »

My wife can drive me nuts when we're eating dinner.  "Would you like some salt?  Some milk?  Is it too hot?  Is it hot enough?  Did I give you too much?  Would you like some more?  Do you want to get it yourself, or should I get it for you?"

I'd just like to finish chewing this mouthful of food without somebody asking me 20 freakin' questions! 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 06:40:50 AM »

People who say "ITS FRIDAY" at work.  God I hate that.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 07:01:20 AM »

I see there's a few shy people on here. Don't you hate it when some extrovert makes an extra effort to draw you out, include you, or get you involved in something? Who are they to decide what's enjoyable for me, or what level of participation suits me? It's not so bad if it's somebody who makes the effort, but respects my wishes if I politely decline or give some other sign that I'm really all right taking a more passive role in whatever is going on. But there are those people who just can't see beyond what they think is pleasant or proper, and they just keep bugging. That just makes me uncomfortable, and depending on how persistent they are, it can make me angry. I think I've told you guys in another thread about the evening of dinner theatre that almost turned violent when a couple of determined actors attempted to physically wrestle me out of my seat. They thought it would be fun, and I'm sure they did not realize how close they came to getting the crap knocked out of them. I had no trouble pulling away from them, and I could just as easily have started punching, but they finally backed off. In hindsight, it would have been a good lesson to those guys if I'd called the cops and had them hauled out of there on assault charges, but it would have ruined our vacation. TeddyR

---------------------
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 07:17:34 AM »

I see there's a few shy people on here. Don't you hate it when some extrovert makes an extra effort to draw you out, include you, or get you involved in something? Who are they to decide what's enjoyable for me, or what level of participation suits me? It's not so bad if it's somebody who makes the effort, but respects my wishes if I politely decline or give some other sign that I'm really all right taking a more passive role in whatever is going on. But there are those people who just can't see beyond what they think is pleasant or proper, and they just keep bugging. That just makes me uncomfortable, and depending on how persistent they are, it can make me angry.

That can be the worst.  I do appreciate their well-meant intentions when someone offers or tries *tactfully* to draw me out a bit. It's nice that someone wants me included.  But when they persist/insist, making a fuss, the discomfort generated is awful: why can't they take 'no, thank you' for an answer?

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 07:57:36 AM »

I see there's a few shy people on here. Don't you hate it when some extrovert makes an extra effort to draw you out, include you, or get you involved in something? Who are they to decide what's enjoyable for me, or what level of participation suits me? It's not so bad if it's somebody who makes the effort, but respects my wishes if I politely decline or give some other sign that I'm really all right taking a more passive role in whatever is going on. But there are those people who just can't see beyond what they think is pleasant or proper, and they just keep bugging. That just makes me uncomfortable, and depending on how persistent they are, it can make me angry.

That can be the worst.  I do appreciate their well-meant intentions when someone offers or tries *tactfully* to draw me out a bit. It's nice that someone wants me included.  But when they persist/insist, making a fuss, the discomfort generated is awful: why can't they take 'no, thank you' for an answer?
I recall at my current job the first three months being kind of forced to go to lunch with some of my coworkers.  From day one I insisted that I really enjoy solitude during my lunch break however these folks just had to pry to get me to go with them.  In order not to look too douchebag-ish (which I should have never felt in the first place seeing they should've let up) I went.  After three months I just bailed on them and have been eating at my desk ever since. 

DarkSider's Realm

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 08:03:56 AM »

I'd just like to finish chewing this mouthful of food without somebody asking me 20 freakin' questions! 

My mom had that habit until a few months ago. While she was visiting, she was asking me a question while I was eating. I tried to answer, I started to choke and then threw up on the carpet. She's let me eat until I was finished since then.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 08:10:01 AM »

I see there's a few shy people on here. Don't you hate it when some extrovert makes an extra effort to draw you out, include you, or get you involved in something? Who are they to decide what's enjoyable for me, or what level of participation suits me? It's not so bad if it's somebody who makes the effort, but respects my wishes if I politely decline or give some other sign that I'm really all right taking a more passive role in whatever is going on. But there are those people who just can't see beyond what they think is pleasant or proper, and they just keep bugging. That just makes me uncomfortable, and depending on how persistent they are, it can make me angry. I think I've told you guys in another thread about the evening of dinner theatre that almost turned violent when a couple of determined actors attempted to physically wrestle me out of my seat. They thought it would be fun, and I'm sure they did not realize how close they came to getting the crap knocked out of them. I had no trouble pulling away from them, and I could just as easily have started punching, but they finally backed off. In hindsight, it would have been a good lesson to those guys if I'd called the cops and had them hauled out of there on assault charges, but it would have ruined our vacation. TeddyR

I think we might be brothers, Andy. TeddyR

I'm by nature a gentle person (see me interact with kids and you'll realize that) but some people just don't know not to hassle me or to push me. A bully in high school pushed me too far in 1981 and I put him in hospital for a few weeks ~ the legend about me is that no one messes with me, if they've any sense at all.

People push me too far sometimes and then they're upset when I lose my temper: Did you &^%$#@'s think I was going to just sit there and take your sh*t?  Question

Skull
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 09:07:20 AM »

...toilet paper on my shoe...

Although I'm a little afraid what Harry Potter's Dad would do for having toilet paper on your shoe...  Buggedout

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 10:13:56 AM »

I recall at my current job the first three months being kind of forced to go to lunch with some of my coworkers.  From day one I insisted that I really enjoy solitude during my lunch break however these folks just had to pry to get me to go with them.  In order not to look too douchebag-ish (which I should have never felt in the first place seeing they should've let up) I went.  After three months I just bailed on them and have been eating at my desk ever since. 

I didn't mind going for lunch with co-workers when I worked at a paper where we all developed some genuine camaraderie on the job and got along well together. It would be awkward going to lunch with people right off the bat.

The last job I had, I really wanted nothing to do with anyone on a personal level, and actively disliked a couple of people, and yet they kept holding these team building, morale boosting get-togethers. In true corporate fashion, they didn't give a s**t about morale from Monday to Friday, but scheduled official times to have it boosted off the clock. OK, if I wanted to associate with any of these people outside of work, I would, and if you want to boost my morale, try not to be such pricks to work for. I don't think I went to a single one of those things, and I know I wasn't seen as a team player. They had kind of a warped idea of what a team is.

---------------------
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 11:15:27 AM »

I didn't mind going for lunch with co-workers when I worked at a paper where we all developed some genuine camaraderie on the job and got along well together. It would be awkward going to lunch with people right off the bat.

The last job I had, I really wanted nothing to do with anyone on a personal level, and actively disliked a couple of people, and yet they kept holding these team building, morale boosting get-togethers. In true corporate fashion, they didn't give a s**t about morale from Monday to Friday, but scheduled official times to have it boosted off the clock. OK, if I wanted to associate with any of these people outside of work, I would, and if you want to boost my morale, try not to be such pricks to work for. I don't think I went to a single one of those things, and I know I wasn't seen as a team player. They had kind of a warped idea of what a team is.
The group I got stuck with was the gossip queens sadly.  You know, the people that needed to know more about "the new guy" than everyone else even if they truly at heart didn't care.  When I broke it off they seem to take it personally.  I simply informed them I'd rather be alone at lunch.  I really had nothing much in common with them. 

I should point out too, people who tell me my food looks good while I'm eating get on my nerves too. 

DarkSider's Realm

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 01:26:38 PM »

Tying the handles of grocery bags into knots to make them easier to carry. 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 09:48:34 PM »

People who try to strike up a long-winded conversation with me when they don't know me at all.  Did I ASK you to talk to me for a long time??  Hatred  And then when you give obvious signs you don't want really want to talk much (walk away slightly when they pause, look the other direction, pick up a book, etc.) they TOTALLY don't get the hint.  SHUT UP!!!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Nice things people do that offend you « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.