Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:25:11 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Nice things people do that offend you « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Nice things people do that offend you  (Read 6675 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 08:13:56 AM »

Not something that offended me, but it does continue from being shy and not terribly sociable at my last job. There were some emails being forwarded between me, another reporter at my office (who I actually got along with), and a reporter at one of our sister papers where all of the production was consolidated. I occasionally went down there to supervise the final pagination of our paper, and really got along with people there much better in fact. But I still took a little while to warm up and join in.

Anyway, the reporter from there emails the person at my office (continuing this long string of forwards and replies), and at the end of the message happens to mention "What's with Andy? I try to be friendly and he doesn't respond. Weird." Fair enough, except that she accidentally clicked "reply all" and sent a copy to me. Oops. Buggedout So I answered her question. Told her I'm a very introverted person by nature, and have what might be called a mild social phobia. It doesn't affect professional interaction with people, but small talk and casual greetings don't really come naturally to me, but I will be sure to say hi next time." To be honest I can be so preoccupied at times, especially with a busy day ahead, she might have spoken to me and I just didn`t notice.

I wasn't mad or embarrassed or anything. I know I can seem unfriendly, and I'd rather have the chance to explain something like that. Besides, she was the one who would s**t herself when she got a reply back from me. TeddyR And sure enough, I got an immediate response with that panicky "Oh God, I'm so sorry!" beginning. I was sure to always say hello to her after that.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Nice things people do that offend you « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.