Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:02:13 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most terrifying/cool/effective looking b-movie monsters. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Most terrifying/cool/effective looking b-movie monsters.  (Read 20921 times)
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 12:07:24 AM »

I will get a picture later.  The monster (if you can call it a monster) was the vine that covered the temple in the movie the Ruins.  This thing was scary.  It could mimic sounds and seemed to have an intelligence about it (the scene where it loured the two females into the dark room with the sound of the cell phone).  Simple but very effective.   Thumbup Cheers

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 01:20:14 AM »

At one time this was considerd too scary to show on TV in some parts of america:

The again when they made "the thing" in the 50's the monster makeup was considered so scary they needed to minimize it's exposure.

In some ways, tho, the faceless formless motion of the blob was also very terrifying.
demon_dave
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 11:26:29 AM »

I was presently surprised with one B movie I watched a while back...can't remember the name, something along the lines of "the brain that wouldn't die" or something like that...anyways scientist kills his g/f in a car accident and takes her severed head back to his lab to try revive it. All the while there's some other "experiment" behind a huge door...they built this up pretty well and when the thing behind the door burst out it was pretty bad ass!! (update: found a pic of him :D ) also considering this was from the very early 60's, it was pretty crazy to see this much gore...relatively speaking

This thing from "the manster" was pretty creepy too
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 09:53:13 PM »

This guy from Dead Alive/Brain Dead:

Too bad he just kinda disappeared from the movie after his reveal (possibly 'cuz he would have been a pain to "bring to life" without blowing the budget).

Also, possesed Ed from Evil Dead 2

Not the best photo of this guy, but I absolutely love this creature.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2010, 12:04:45 AM »

What's the movie where there's the pinkish tentacled creatures (look kind of like brains or something)you don't see much of that comes out of a local mine to terrorize the locals?  The family dog of the main characters gets killed.  I think towards the end they use dynamite to blow them up in the cave/mine they came from.  I'm pretty sure it got reviewed here, but a scan of the titles didn't ring a bell. 

I remember thinking their design, what you see of it, was pretty cool.  Little help?
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2010, 05:20:26 AM »

What's the movie where there's the pinkish tentacled creatures (look kind of like brains or something)you don't see much of that comes out of a local mine to terrorize the locals?  The family dog of the main characters gets killed.  I think towards the end they use dynamite to blow them up in the cave/mine they came from.  I'm pretty sure it got reviewed here, but a scan of the titles didn't ring a bell.  

I remember thinking their design, what you see of it, was pretty cool.  Little help?

"The boogens", perhaps?
Small | Large

No review here, it seems. BTW the art depicts green skeletal hands, the actual monsters had tentacles with claws on them.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2010, 05:30:14 AM »

I'd say the blob is one. Contrary to rob zombie's remarks, there's something uniquely terrifying about a mass that has no apparent senses yet can detect you and no apparent means of locomotion but can move towards you and so apparent weapons yet consumes you utterly alive, leaving no trace.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2010, 07:45:50 AM »

I'd say the blob is one. Contrary to rob zombie's remarks, there's something uniquely terrifying about a mass that has no apparent senses yet can detect you and no apparent means of locomotion but can move towards you and so apparent weapons yet consumes you utterly alive, leaving no trace.

Absolutely. It takes the "blank slate" approach to killers one step further. You can't relate to the Blob at all. You can't reason with it. It has no real intelligence, no specific form, and it just engulfs and dissolves people. It takes all the best monster and serial killer tricks and adds almost a disease analogy, hitting one more of our fear buttons.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2010, 08:04:07 AM »

The remake of "The Fly."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 03:49:07 PM »

What's the movie where there's the pinkish tentacled creatures (look kind of like brains or something)you don't see much of that comes out of a local mine to terrorize the locals?  The family dog of the main characters gets killed.  I think towards the end they use dynamite to blow them up in the cave/mine they came from.  I'm pretty sure it got reviewed here, but a scan of the titles didn't ring a bell.  

I remember thinking their design, what you see of it, was pretty cool.  Little help?

"The boogens", perhaps?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xAGrphiP1I&feature=related

No review here, it seems. BTW the art depicts green skeletal hands, the actual monsters had tentacles with claws on them.

Yeah, that's it!  I looked and couldn't find any good pictures.  Probably you never see it clearly.  I just remember thinking what you did see was pretty good.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most terrifying/cool/effective looking b-movie monsters. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.