Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:43:57 PM
714340 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  DOLAN'S CADILLAC (2009) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DOLAN'S CADILLAC (2009)  (Read 1930 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: August 12, 2010, 10:54:43 PM »

I had not even heard that this Stephen King short story had been marked for a movie, much less that it was finished.  I spotted it on the shelf at Hasting's this week and knew that I would have to give it a viewing.  I was a bit hesitant at first, because King adaptations have ranged in quality from the very effective (FIRESTARTER and THE GREEN MILE) to the abysmal (CHILDREN OF THE CORN, LAWNMOWER MAN).  The fact that I had never heard of this one increased my skepticism as to its quality.

But I was pleasantly surprised.  Christian Slater was brilliant as Jimmy Dolan, a major player in the sex slave trade, who is spotted in the act of killing two drivers who botched a delivery of girls by a young schoolteacher named Elizabeth.  She agrees to testify against Dolan over the objections of her husband David Robinson, who fears for her safety.  His fears are justified when her car is rigged with explosives and she dies in a fiery blast while in the protective custody of the FBI.

Now sick with grief and with his life spiralling out of control, Robinson must avenge his loss.  But how can a mild-mannered 6th grade teacher who has never harmed another human being bring down a slick, well-protected, and deadly mob boss to whom violence is second nature?  And how will working on the state road crew tearing up a stretch of Highway 71 further his purposes?

Those of you who have read the story will (I think) be impressed by how little it has been tampered with.  It was fleshed out just enough to stretch the length to 89 minutes, but none of the essential details have been screwed up.  If you've never read the story, I think you will enjoy this dark and gritty revenge flick for its own virtues.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »

Watched the first hour but it depressed me too much. It didn't seem to be going anywhere either.

What does the guy do after he buys the gun?

-Jimmybob

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 12:29:31 PM »

Realizes that he can't shoot, and that he'll never get Dolan that way.

So he begins to work on a trap.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 04:53:49 PM »

I watched this awhile back, seems like a really long time ago even though it came out last year? anyway, I liked how he thought out what he was going to do and its definitely a different way to get revenge. That being said, Slater isn't really convincing as a bad guy. Maybe because I watch so many gangster type movies and he just isnt... gangster.   TeddyR   Its worth a watch though.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  DOLAN'S CADILLAC (2009) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.