Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:00:22 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Your little known favorites. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Your little known favorites.  (Read 14222 times)
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 12, 2010, 11:15:09 PM »

Everyone likes some movies that most people never heard of, so come on, out with yours!

I really like "Quatermass and the pit", of 5 million years to earth as it was called in america. Damned intelligent, well thought out movie even if tewo of the main characters (the professor and the hardheaded military guy) are a little stereotypical. If I could trust the movie biz not to rape it over I'd want a remake.

"The Majin trilogy" Japanese horror and samurai movies, a trilogy centering around an ancient Japanese god called Majin. Almost done more like samurai and sandals style filsm rather than horror/monster, each has some good giant monster action with pretty believable filming given that the monster, Majin, is "only" about 30 feet tall and is often represented by life sized props. Decent stories and acting help make these little movies some real hidden treasures.

"Moon Zero Two: A good effort at a fairly hardish SF movie sadly marred by some idiot's decision that it had to be done up as "the first space western". Ignore some of the more ridiculous elements and it's a good SF movie.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 11:21:58 PM »

I always liked the early Dan Akroyd comedy DOCTOR DETROIT.
And an ultra-cheap, low budget martial arts spoof called NINJA BACHELOR PARTY.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:29:38 AM »

DEATH LAID AN EGG, a crazy surreal giallo starring Gina Lollobrigida and Ewa Aulin set on a commercial chicken farm (!).  Mindblowing in its weirdness.  It may never be released in the US due to rights issues.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »

Antonio Margheriti [Anthony M Dawson]'s crazy Vietnam flick Tiger Joe with David Warbeck and Tony King. If anyone wants a copy, it's available from www.impactvideo.co.za.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 11:08:29 AM »

Everyone likes some movies that most people never heard of, so come on, out with yours!

"The Majin trilogy" Japanese horror and samurai movies, a trilogy centering around an ancient Japanese god called Majin. Almost done more like samurai and sandals style filsm rather than horror/monster, each has some good giant monster action with pretty believable filming given that the monster, Majin, is "only" about 30 feet tall and is often represented by life sized props. Decent stories and acting help make these little movies some real hidden treasures.

You got it, man!  I have the entire trilogy under the title The Daimajin Trilogy
and it's a beautifully remastered print of all 3 movies, complete with the music by Akira Ifukube.   Great attention to historical detail too!

Also, these were very violent films for their time..Daimajin is cold and unwavering as he carries out his actions, and that fixed stare on his face makes it even more unsettling. I get a little uneasy when I see him.  But that's the idea  Smile

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 09:31:42 PM »

I don't know if it's little known or not, but one of my favorite film noire's is "The asphalt jungle" starring sterling hayden.
Raffine

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »

Leonard Kastle's incredible THE HONEYMOON KILLERS (1970)

Small | Large

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 04:18:08 PM »

I don't know whether any of my favorites are that obscure, but here are some that are probably more obscure than the others. Thus, in alphabetical order . . .

"The Bounty"
As far as I know the last of the theatrical films made about the incident of the Mutiny on the "Bounty," and probably the most historically accurate.

"Bugsy Malone"
Before there was "High School Musical," there was . . .

"Color of Money"
The sequel to "The Hustler," and the role for which Paul Newman won his Academy Award.

"In Search of the Castaways"
"A thousand thrills and Hayley Mills"

"Zulu Dawn"
The prequel to "Zulu"
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 01:16:21 AM »

Nuts In May, it's only a short film about a husband and wife that go camping but I think it's one of the best films ever made. Funny, sad, light hearted, and deep at the same time

And an ultra-cheap, low budget martial arts spoof called NINJA BACHELOR PARTY.
isn't this the film made by Bill Hicks and his friends? didn't know it was finished. there's clips of it on a Bill hicks documentary I've got (if it's the same film you're talking about)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 05:57:20 AM »

Sole Survivor (1983)

Small | Large
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 11:36:09 AM »

I don't know if it's little known or not, but one of my favorite film noire's is "The asphalt jungle" starring sterling hayden.

The title rings a bell, but I'm not sure what it's about.

I do remember a "Blackboard Jungle however, about a schoolteacher in a rough, run down high school, akin to The Principal with Jim Belushi in some ways while both remain fairly separate films.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 11:47:41 AM »

Some other little knowns:

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things

Deranged about Ed  Gein, and one of Tom Savini's first FX jobs.

Return From The Past  A little anthology movie narrated by John Carradine, with Lon Chaney Jr. in one of the stories.

Targets Peter Bogdanovich's first film. Starring Boris Karloff.  It was on AMC a few days ago.

Daughter Of The Mind with Ray Milland in a great psychological thriller. Also gets on AMC now and then.

Roadhouse 66 with a young Judge Reinhold and Willem Dafoe as a pair of drifters in mid 60's Arizona. Lots of classic cars in this one!

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 01:44:38 PM »

the Noah- twilight zone ish one about the last man on earth
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 05:34:24 PM »

\

A brilliant criminal decides to pull a heist and steal some gems from a jewelry store. Things get complicated and a lot of personal stories are told.

I'm an animal lover, donate to animal shelters and feed strays, and there was a scene in a diner where a hunchbacked man is feeding a cat. A cabbie comes in order coffee, sneers at the cat and brags about how he runs strays over whenever he can. The hunchback, without a word, comes around the counter, grabs him and physically throws him out. Loved it.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 05:50:02 PM »

\

A brilliant criminal decides to pull a heist and steal some gems from a jewelry store. Things get complicated and a lot of personal stories are told.

I'm an animal lover, donate to animal shelters and feed strays, and there was a scene in a diner where a hunchbacked man is feeding a cat. A cabbie comes in order coffee, sneers at the cat and brags about how he runs strays over whenever he can. The hunchback, without a word, comes around the counter, grabs him and physically throws him out. Loved it.

Interesting...I'll have to look for it. Sounds like a good movie.

Same with me, man, animal lover. Dances With Wolves always breaks my heart when Two Socks is just standing there with the bullets whizzing by him until he gets hit.  Always hard to watch.  I also have 2 cats too, and ones's 11 and one's 12.  I love em' to death and it'll be a hard day when they finally pass on.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Your little known favorites. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.