Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:40:21 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Live Events (aside concerts) You Frequent « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Live Events (aside concerts) You Frequent  (Read 2128 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: August 09, 2010, 08:39:09 PM »

I've been to quite a few pro-wrestling matches in my day.  (WWF, WCW, ECW)  I went to a bunch in the mid 80s and the late 90s. 

I enjoy watching hockey live.  Both areas I've lived in have farm teams for the NHL so I've enjoyed  many fun Friday nights at the rink.  I haven't been in a few years.

I've been to one baseball game at Fenway Park.  It was enough for me.  I generally hate baseball.

Nowadays as a father of three, I get to go to a lot of Disney On Ice events.  Matter of fact we're due for one event in September, Toy Story 3 On Ice.  I've seen just about every one in the past 10 years (we took my wife's Godson prior to our kids).  The best one was Monsters Inc.  I've also seen Sesame Street Live.  And yes...I'll admit to enjoying all of these shows.

I've been to the circus a few times in the past few years.  Circuses creep me the f@ck out though so I dislike them.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »

I generally try to frequent Pro Wrestling events.  WWE usually hits Philly 2-3 times a year, as we're a big wrestling city.  We also have many well known local "Indie" feds, which have some nationwide presence, like CZW, ROH, CHIKARA, and DragonGate USA.  They're fun, cause a lot of the guys who wrestle here with them generally get drafted up to the 'bigger name' wrestling you see on tv.

I also hit a lot of baseball games at Citizens Bank Park.  I'm a big fan of the Phillies, and baseball in general. 

Other than that, nothing really.  I wanna go to some football and hockey games, but I hate going by myself and none of my friends like football or hockey.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 09:57:35 AM »

Well due to crazy ticket prices I don't get over to Wrigley Field or even Comiskey Park(The Cell) very often anymore, although I do catch a local minor league team, Kane County Cougars, a few times a year.

There are a ton of street fests around here every year during the summer so I try and hit some of those. There are ethnic fests with great food , art fests, music fests even corn fests in some nearby towns.

I like to go to plays too.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 10:32:30 AM »

I try to get to a few sporting events every year.  This year, I took one of my nephews to a Boston Bruins play-off game and I'm taking my other nephew to a New England Patriots game in September.

My nephews used to be big wrestling fans, so I took them to a couple WWE events.

Over the past few years, I have also gone to The World's Strongest Man competition, a Monster Truck jam, a Professional Bull Riding event, ESPN Friday Night Fights, and Golden Gloves Boxing.

I also enjoy going to the theater.  In recent years, my wife and I have seen the following stage productions:  Blue Man Group, Fiddler on the Roof (Topol's farewell tour), Oliver!, The Jersey Boys (twice), Mamma Mia! (twice), Wicked, My Fair Lady, Singin' in the Rain, Phantom of the Opera, and The Rat Pack is Back.  We saw some of these shows in Las Vegas and some in the Boston area.

We also saw Cirque de Soleil, Jubilee!, and  the Folies Bergere in Las Vegas.

And of course several music and comedy concerts (which are prohibited from this discussion thread).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 11:23:50 AM »

I like baseball, so I occasionally make a ballgame at Chase Field in Phoenix. My wife and I are preparing to run a 5k for Breast Cancer research in downtown Phoenix in October. My first experience with a run like that. We may try to prepare fo a half-marathon in Las Vegas as well.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 12:04:27 PM »

I'm not sure everything we go to qualifies as 'events' really:

Our kids' soccer tournaments
Scouting events (award ceremonies, pot lucks)
Horse shows
Various church bazaars  BounceGiggle
Fishing derbies
The Mudcat Festival!
The Santa Claus Parade
The annual book sale at the library
The Tall Ships festival when they arrive in port
The Pirate Festival
Any RenFests we can find locally - they are disappearing
Openings and special exhibits at the Royal Ontario Museum
Special exhibitions at the Art Gallery of Ontario
Country Fairs - there are quite a few nearby

We try to make it to at least one screening at the Toronto After Dark Film Festival http://torontoafterdark.com/2010/  each year - looks like we are going to miss this one (it starts this Friday) and the whole family attends The Word on the Street bookfair in September in Toronto.

I'd like to make it up to the Sunflower Festival in Sundridge to attend Andy's movie night under the stars...but cannot, again, this year.  Bluesad

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:48 PM »

All the Louisville Cardinals home basketball games, and the occasional festival.  Actually, I never go to concerts anymore.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 10:10:50 PM »

There's not a whole lot out in my neck of the woods, I do go to the odd play and I've managed to catch a couple of art exhibit openings. I'd love to go to some of the small metal shows, but the friends I feel are close enough to ask to go with me to such things aren't metal heads and, well...I don't enjoy going alone. Once a year the campus film club has a "Best of the Worst" marathon fundraiser, so I'm all over that.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 11:20:32 PM »

Science fiction conventions, gaming conventions and anti-conservative political rallies.

I'd love to go to a rocky horror audience participation show if there were any near me.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 10:04:55 PM »

As I've lived in rural areas most of my life, my experiences are rather limited. I did live in St. John's for several years while attending univeristy and there I took in two WWF shows, one in 1992 and one in 1996. The first show I remember being very good and it featured some surprisingly good matches including Razor Ramon defeating Randy Savage, Bob Backlund upsetting Papa Shango, and Bret Hart beating Ludvig Borga. The 1996 show was loaded with talent but the matches were surprisingly forgettable and in some cases kind of a mess. Recall seeing Mankind & Goldust team up in the main event to face Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker, Marc Mero defeating a young Triple H, Owen Hart & Davey Boy Smith defeating Men on a Mission in a tag match much better than I expected. I also recall Repo Man being on the card because he spoke to a group of us at ringside as he came to the ring shouting something about him being the greatest.  BounceGiggle

But that actually wasn't my first wrestling shows, I went to several in more rural areas when I was just a kid. Along with my Dad, my Uncle and his family, it was a real family event. We went to see Wildman Dave McKigney's travelling wrestling show. There I saw some great wrestling including Sailor White, who was actually a superb heel here in Newfoundland because he actually dared deny his heritage, battle the beloved native born hero Hartford Love. I also saw a very young Samu compete as the Dark Angel and got to see McKigney's wrestling bear (who wrestled an obvious wrestler planted in the audience). Of course sadly years later just before a scheduled stop to a town near mine, there was a moose vehicle accident that sadly took the lives of Adrian Adonis, McKigney and Pat Kelly (of the Kelly Twins tag team). These shows were likely a large part of what made me a wrestling fan for life. Getting to go with my family was special and my Dad getting me a signed autographed picture of wrestler Rocky Dellasara back then seemed truly special to me as a little kid.

I actually haven't been to too many other events aside from a few local hockey games and a concert for local reality TV singing star Rex Gouldie, whom my girlfriend really wanted to see. He was surprisingly good though I'll give him credit.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 04:37:35 PM »

hi
Massive fan of film festivals,black sunday and holocaust hell are just a few of the festivals.I have been fortunate enough to have met most of my idols, FJA, SARAH KARLOFF,REX REASON and many,many more,also i attend quite a few martial arts conventions and i love rock festivals, took my son to the download festival this year He loved it.My wife loves to go to horticultural festivals she is a very keen gardener.

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 05:14:07 PM »

I saw Andre the Giant at Boston Garden in 1982. That is all
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Live Events (aside concerts) You Frequent « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.