Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:51:09 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Conservatives lying thru their teeth, again! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Conservatives lying thru their teeth, again!  (Read 5768 times)
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 14, 2010, 11:18:13 PM »

You may have heard something about so-called "Obama tax hikes" coming soon.

Well, this is yet another example of conservatives lying thru their teeth yet again for the countless time.

The fact is that there is no obama tax increase coming, or any tax increase at all. The truth is that the bush regime's massive taxcuts for the rich are due to expire next year, which is the conditoions they were passed under nearly 10 years ago.

A decade ago the bush regime wanted to give massive taxcuts to the rich (Hey, that and deregulating big businesses and starting wars are about all republicans do, you know. Well, trying to limit normal people's freedom of choice and impose conservative values too, I guess.) but under the law they could not pass these tax cuts to the rich without a 10 year limit because those tax cuts would explode the deficit, which it did, but under the law things that increased the deficit had to be limited to 10 years.

So the damn reopublicans knew these tax cuts would expire in 2011.

NOW that the 10 years are up, the damn republicans are screaming that obama is going to raise taxes and, of course, kill america. YAWN!

Well, they're lying because obama isn't raising taxes at all, he's simply allowing the taxcuts to expire AS THEY WERE INTENDED TO WHEN PASSED BY THE REPUBLICANS.

What they're really going is claiming obama is raising taxes because he won't keep icnreasing the deficit by extending the bush taxcuts for the rich, which isn't raising taxes at all in truth.

So when the republicans tell you obama is going to raise taxes next year, they're lying in your face, and so are the republican spokesmen like fred thompson, rush limbaugh,. glenn beck, etc.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 01:24:56 AM »

Sounds like a tax hike to me.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 02:57:29 AM »

Then I can't explain it to you if you're determined to see it as something it's not.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:22:50 AM by judge death » Logged
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 04:37:50 AM »

Obama is not creating new taxes, this is true but by allowing the tax cuts to expire, the areas in which those taxes had been reduced will go back up again to pre tax cut levels, so Obama is allowing taxes to go up by not renewing the tax cuts.

Obama can renew these tax cuts, which is what the republicans have always wanted and intended to do with Bushes tax cuts. Obama critics have always made the point that these tax cuts were only for ten years, but can be renewed by the current administration.

And to say that these cuts are exclusively for the rich is a lie by democrats. The tax cuts were very broad and covered a variety of incomes and business' not just the richest people and business' in america.Democrats always argue that republicans favor the rich, but individuals wealthier than me pay my wages and keep me employed. I don't care if there are people wealthier than me out there, I may not like it, I want to be rich to, but I work as a part of the big economic machine that says there are those who are wealthy, those who are middle class and those who are poor.  Its the way things work so deal with it.

And democrats have never had a good understanding of what is rich and what is poor. By democratic standards, my parents are rich, just because they work hard and saved their money wisely and this is true of thousands of other americans. Just because you make 250,000 grand does not mean you have all the money in the world to spend. Most of these so called rich are very hard working people at the top of the pay scale. Many are small business owners who struggle to keep their business's going because democrats tax the hell out of their companies with ridiculous tax hikes.

And if you want that point proven look at what states are seeing the highest percentage of job loss and greatest amount of dept, they are almost all the most liberal states in the country including my own state of Wisconsin, which is seeing many companies leave due to ridiculous restrictions and tax hikes imposed by the democrats in this state.

And lastly a funny story.The owner of many company is a good guy and used to keep his own salary low in a effort to keep more money in the company. The IRS came to him one day and told him that he makes far to little money for how much his company earns. The IRS actually forced my boss to pay himself more money. How idiotic is that? It was either my boss raises his salary or be inspected by the IRS and accused of tax dodging.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 04:49:16 AM by wyckednick » Logged

Smells like popcorn and shame
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 06:03:20 AM »

Let's look at some facts about how these taxcuts affect people based on income, shall we?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908//vp/38685229#38685229

Skull
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 06:55:50 AM »

Obama is not creating new taxes...

But he has... The HEALTHCARE LAW...

12 Taxes in Health Care Law Violate Obama’s Pledge Not to Increase Taxes on Households Earning Less than $250,000

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/63313

Health Care Law Means Higher Taxes For Some

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/24498703/detail.html

wyckednick ~ Agree on everything else you had said... It kind of sick how we are getting double taxed (removed Bush Taxcuts and Healthcare Law)

judge death ~ The Healthcare Law is a new tax... Removing Bush Taxcuts is just another kick in the ass. And Cap-and-Tax is floating.

The only lie I see is the Democrats is not boasting about the HEALTH CARE LAW.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 07:53:41 AM »

You know the reason the poor didn't get any income tax breaks under Bush?

BECAUSE THEY DON'T PAY ANY FREAKINN' INCOME TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, more specifically, everything they pay is refunded, and many of them get back more than they ever pay in.

So ANY cuts in income tax are going to go to the top half of wage earners.  THEY PAY THE MOST!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
3mnkids

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 09:21:48 AM »

Bush tax cuts greater than health care? Probably.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/jun/24/paul-krugman/bush-tax-cuts-health-care-probably/

"The 2001 and 2003 tax cuts added about $1.7 trillion to deficits between 2001 and 2008. Because they (were) financed by borrowing — which increases the national debt — this figure includes the extra interest costs resulting from that additional debt. This figure also includes the cost of 'patching' the Alternative Minimum Tax to keep the tax from hitting millions of upper-middle-class households, a problem the tax cuts helped cause. Over the next decade (2009-2018), making the tax cuts permanent would cost $4.4 trillion, assuming that the tax cuts remain deficit-financed."

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 10:29:04 AM »

judge- there are conservatives here and the tone of this is no good. this is movie board no a poltics board. dialogues happen but it's not the workaday mode here. this is my opinion

Also, tax hikes are really only part of the story as far as taxes are concerned. inflation has skyrocketed in the past 10 years.  If your dollar buys less that is as much as tax as anything else.  the drop in the dollar has meant higher gas prices, obviously.  inflation is a very insidous tax.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:35:07 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 11:14:26 AM »

judge- there are conservatives here and the tone of this is no good. this is movie board no a poltics board. dialogues happen but it's not the workaday mode here. this is my opinion

I agree with Lester that the tone of this post ("conservatives lying through their teeth") was argumentative and intended to stir dissent.  In my view that's really not part of the culture on this board; we tend to be much friendlier and not try to deliberately antagonize fellow posters.  There are plenty of political forums on the Net where people eat this kind of stuff up.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 01:56:33 PM »

There's an unwritten rule around where I live: "There are two things you don't discuss in polite company: politics and religion." There are several good reasons for this; let's try to keep this board at least relatively polite, okay? I've left a couple of forums recently because of things like this tearing the community apart.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 01:58:25 PM »

Some people don't know how to debate in a civil fashion; our good Judge is one of them.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 03:49:56 PM »

Let's face it . . . no matter what decisions politicians make, some people will agree with them, some people will be against them, and some people just won't care.  In general, the average person probably doesn't understand enough about the big picture, short and long-term implications of any tax cut or tax hike to have an educated opinion about whether they are good or not.  People usually have a favorite TV or radio personality (Limbaugh, Maher, Oprah, etc.) and they agree with whatever that person says.  Usually, people put things in terms of, "Oh, it affects my tax bracket so it's good (or bad)" or "Why don't rich people need to pay more?"  I'm not rich, but I've never understood the logic that some people should be punished because they make more money than other people.  This is why I generally just smile and nod when people discuss politics.  I'm sure I don't have enough information about all the economics behind every decision to get all worked up.  The bottom line is, sometimes the economy is good, sometimes it's okay, and sometimes it's bad.  It has always been this way and will always be this way regardless of whether Democrats, Republicans or some other party is in power.    
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 06:25:34 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »

Some people don't know how to debate in a civil fashion; our good Judge is one of them.

Funny how conservatives accuse liberals of being uncivil while the conservatives are comparing people to hitler, stalin, etc.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 06:19:38 PM »

Gents, either debate the issue and avoid simply arguing.  Otherwise, I'm going to close this thread.  This forum is not the place to argue for the sake of arguing, and I decidedly hate political threads that go that direction.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Conservatives lying thru their teeth, again! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.