Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:00:52 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Very Bad Product Placement in Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Very Bad Product Placement in Movies  (Read 6570 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 04:16:12 PM »

I remember the gang in THE CONEHEADS all making a big fuss about Subway sandwiches.

You can get a Subway/CONEHEADS drink cups from ioffer for eight bucks.

Want one..?

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 04:36:40 PM »

This would be either bad or awesome product placement depending on how you look at it, but how about Superman II when one of the villains gets thrown into a big Coca Cola sign by Superman during the big throwdown in Metropolis?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 04:39:43 PM »

I believe Dr. Pepper was also prominently featured in the 1984 Godzilla film, was it not?

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 09:13:21 PM »

Now that I think about it... there is one movie that really ranks up the product placement to a very annoying amount and that is Mac and Me.

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 10:01:50 PM »

Now that I think about it... there is one movie that really ranks up the product placement to a very annoying amount and that is Mac and Me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdvO0tmNjGo

Yeah that movie was one big screaming advertisement. Aliens withering and about to die, I know let's revitalize them back to life with Coca-Cola! After all those aliens mouths were only suited to consume things through straws, they were biological adapted to thrive on Coca-Cola and  Skittles-- what other solid could fit into their mouths, only something small and semi-pellet shaped. I can never forget the scene in the car with Mac in that movie, the kid has some Skittles, then looks over at Mac and says to his friend "Let's see if he likes these" as if that was a rational thought that a person who would be in contact with aliens would think.

Which reminds me of a really crappy movie called 'Star Crystal", the scene where the astronauts drink Coca-Cola in space! This made me wonder if Coca-Cola knew they were being advertised in this craptacular monstrosity. It must've been some right of passage that all movies knocking-off "E.T." had to have some sort of product placement to be a respectable rip-off. Nukie even had product placement scenes with Michelob, Slice, Welches, not to mention the scene where nun gives an ape a bottle of Pepsi before talking about the ills of Americanization!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 10:32:53 PM »

I think that the movie the "Pod People" had a Pepsi logo on a barn.  I will have to watch it again.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 11:12:01 PM »

Yeah, Mac and Me was the first movie I thought of too.. but E.T. shamelessly plugged Reeses Pieces and Coke, so that was basically ANOTHER aspect Mac and Me ripped off of E.T.!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 08:45:30 AM »

Godzilla 1984 - Dr Pepper, just embarassing.
Pilgermann

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 10:53:49 AM »

How about The Wizard?  It's basically one giant commercial for Nintendo.  I love it!

Not an example of bad product placement, but I've always liked the gag in Wayne's World:

Small | Large

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 11:09:25 AM »

Taco Bell in Demolition Man comes to mind.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BTM

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 10:01:10 PM »

Thank you somebody else who thought Blade 3 was stupid. Yes Jessica Biel is hot, yes Ryan Reynolds is funny, the movie still didn't make any damn sense.

Oh, man, I could go on a good, long rant about all the things dumb in that film.  Sad part is, the first two were pretty good, and it DID have a decent premise (Blade taking on Dracula, the FIRST vampire ever created), but it just wasted everything.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 11:14:27 PM »

My most annoying would be a Fantastic 4 fight scene between pyro and the thing where pyro hits a burger king "flame grilled" sign.  Major groans at that one, must have cost BK a fortune.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 12:50:59 PM »

Obviously not a movie, but in the show Pawn Starts they pimp Subway quite a bit.
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 02:00:05 AM »

Twilight was pretty bad about splashing Google all over the screen.  And this is kind of general, but ever notice how almost nobody in the movies ever uses PCs?  Always Macs.

Because Steve Jobs pays them all off.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 03:56:51 PM »

I think that the movie the "Pod People" had a Pepsi logo on a barn.  I will have to watch it again.

Later,

John

I have two movies:

The Pod People.  There is a barn with a Pepsi logo on it.

Abraxxas, Guardian of the Universe.  There is a lot of Pepsi being pimped out.  There is a garage with some bottles are being dropped by Sucundas (I think that is how the name is spelled) and there is slow motion on the bottles breaking.  There there is a convenience store scene, nothing but Pepsi signs and products.  WOW.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Very Bad Product Placement in Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.